How Fussy Is Your Oh Pertaining To Dogs Inside The House

Moselle

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oooh. Sound like your husband is not just fussy but also very controlling of you.

He must do all the housework and cleaning to give him the right to 'draw your attention' to things.

I would understand if he became irritated at muddy paws on the gleaming kitchen floor he had just finished scrubbing.

If he was mine he would be getting a huge kick up the whatsit.

:thumbsup:

Nah, not controlling, he just has a thing about animals in the house. He wasn't brought up with animals and it just so happens that he was never involved with anyone that had animals of any kind.

Both of my dogs are inside with me all day, they are never left outside on their own. When we are out puppy is in his crate and the adult dog is loose in the house. I never even considered keeping them outside, and if hubby had told me before getting that he expected them to live outside, I prolly wouldn't have gotten dogs at all, as I don't really see the point in having outside dogs.

They both sleep in the bedroom with us, the adult dog on her own bed and the puppy in his crate. The adult dog sometimes comes up on the bed in the morning, and hubby hates it when she licks him or walks across him, so I just keep her on my side.

But both dogs are small, well behaved and one is non-shedding and the other sheds very very little.

He is a little more particular about his car, but the adult dog travels strapped into a harness and just sits there shivering the whole time anyway, so she doesn't leave any paw prints, and the puppy gets carsick so he travels in a crate. If any vomit ever leaks out of his crate I quickly wipe it up before hubby sees it.

Oooh. Sound like your husband is not just fussy but also very controlling of you.

He must do all the housework and cleaning to give him the right to 'draw your attention' to things.

I would understand if he became irritated at muddy paws on the gleaming kitchen floor he had just finished scrubbing.

If he was mine he would be getting a huge kick up the whatsit.

:thumbsup:

Nah, not controlling, he just has a thing about animals in the house. He wasn't brought up with animals and it just so happens that he was never involved with anyone that had animals of any kind.

Neither was my partner....but yours and mine are polar opposites.

I think the breed that people should go into, is the Schipperke. The little black buggers all look the same and how anyone tells them apart or know how many they've got is beyond me :thumbsup:

My OH would be able to tell them apart, enough said that I have given him the nickname of "sniffer dog". :rofl:

Moselle, probably better that he's upfront with his choices, my ex-husband was oh so proud of the dogs and oh so happy to have them around...

Then he left with his little 'take away' from work, with one of the parting comments that he couldn't stand " ALL THOSE BLOODY DOGS" !!!!

honesty is the best policy, and BOTH of you have to be happy in your own home :-)

fifi

My OH is not a dog person and I initially railroaded him into getting a dog. If he had his way we would have no pets at all. ;)

Despite that he has been soooo good about having a dog.

I insisted that the dog must be allowed inside and he is fine with that, as long as she doesn't get on the couch or bed. I have no problem with that.

He even takes her for a "wee walk" before he leaves for work and shhh, dont tell anyone, but I have even seen him pat her!! :o

As for the fur? Well she is a goldie, so it is a major issue- but more for me!! :rofl:

He is not the world's tidiest person so doesn't even notice the fur- though probably because I spend all day, everyday, sweeping it up! :thumbsup:

Moselle, probably better that he's upfront with his choices, my ex-husband was oh so proud of the dogs and oh so happy to have them around...

Then he left with his little 'take away' from work, with one of the parting comments that he couldn't stand " ALL THOSE BLOODY DOGS" !!!!

honesty is the best policy, and BOTH of you have to be happy in your own home :-)

fifi

OMG, so sorry to hear that fifi, what a shocker that must have been for you.

fifi

OMG, so sorry to hear that fifi, what a shocker that must have been for you.

:thumbsup: It's all good now, wouldn't have met Dannyhobbit if I was still with the ex !!!

fifi

My OH came into my life when there was already a routine established with the dogs. They are inside 24/7 unless they so chose to go out the doggy door and hang outside (not very often). So there is no way in hell he would EVER question that. But even if that weren't the case there is no way he would EVER tell me what I am and am not allowed to do. That is not how a relationship works. But good luck to you if you think yours will work with his attitude being like it is because he sounds very controlling.

For me if my OH had said no dogs inside, I would have said well actually no YOU inside!

About 6 months after OH and I got together I made the decision that the dogs weren't to sleep on my bed anymore and had to sleep in their crates next to the bed (on his side). I have often woken up to find the dogs have magically 'escaped' and are sleeping on the bed or have caught him busting a jailbreak (as he calls it). He is adament they should still get to sleep on the bed. So we have made a compromise that they can come up for cuddles early in the morning on weekends if we are sleeping in.

When I asked my husband what made him fall in love with me, he told me it was the special way I interacted with my dogs.

In later years when he started to become more controlling and decided it was his right to tell me which dog I could or couldn't have, I made it simple for him. He could have me and the dog or I would happily move out.

The next day he did apologise :thumbsup:

About 6 months after OH and I got together I made the decision that the dogs weren't to sleep on my bed anymore and had to sleep in their crates next to the bed (on his side). I have often woken up to find the dogs have magically 'escaped' and are sleeping on the bed or have caught him busting a jailbreak (as he calls it). He is adament they should still get to sleep on the bed. So we have made a compromise that they can come up for cuddles early in the morning on weekends if we are sleeping in.

aww that's really sweet :thumbsup: busting them out

Not an OH, but I spend some weekends etc. with someone who is an avid dog lover and trainer, but keeps his dogs in a very different fashion to how I do. His dogs are kennelled and rarely even allowed in the house yard, let alone the house! I think I have had an influence on him though as his last pup did get inside time while young :rofl: When I am there my dogs sleep in my car and stay in the house yard and paddock. They are allowed in the house most nights before bed on a towel just in the door or in front of the fire as long as they behave :thumbsup: Definitely not on the couch though! When he stays at my place he accepts that my dogs are allowed anywhere and everywhere in the house and never ever complains. He chooses to sleep his dogs in the car. As much as I know he loves his dogs and how well cared for they are, I'm not sure I could have someone like that as my partner unless they were willing to fully accept how my dogs live!

My brother is a 'no dogs inside' kind of person. He thinks my dogs are "spoilt".

He keeps inviting me to visit with my dogs. Apparently they'd be allowed as far as the back deck. He gets a flat "no".

My dogs wouldn't cope with their sudden exclusion and frankly neither would I. :thumbsup: