How Fussy Is Your Oh Pertaining To Dogs Inside The House

Moselle

if mine were like that he would be divorced :) and he knows it. He had never had a dog till he met me but he learned fast that they are family members and as such share our space.

Ideally, I would love to have another two dogs in the house, not all 7 of them. As far as divorcing him over this matter......I don't think so as this is the only hitch that we have.....there is every possibility that your hubby may have qualities about him that I would baulk at, lol.

I doubt it he is a fantastic husband which is why we are still together after 37 years ;)

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

if mine were like that he would be divorced :laugh: and he knows it. He had never had a dog till he met me but he learned fast that they are family members and as such share our space.

Ideally, I would love to have another two dogs in the house, not all 7 of them. As far as divorcing him over this matter......I don't think so as this is the only hitch that we have.....there is every possibility that your hubby may have qualities about him that I would baulk at, lol.

I doubt it he is a fantastic husband which is why we are still together after 37 years :)

He may be a fantastic husband Rusky but that is a matter of perception, in other words.....he may be the perfect husband for you but that isn't to say that every other woman in this world would find him to be as fantastic as you do, lol; I bet that he may have certain idiosyncrasies that may not appeal to other people; the same applies to every individual in this world, what suits one person doesn't suit the other, e.g. my friend's husband is the perfect husband to her but I know that I would not be able to put up with his ways, I find him totally irritating.

Edited by Moselle

Thank you Troy. It seems that Aziah is unable to move on and let bygones be bygones hence why she has rehashed an old thread of mine simply to try and create discord, when is enough ever enough? very sad....

There was a lot of people included in my previous comments (including you) .... I now suggest people drop it and move on.

I think this topic is more about priorities than anything else. For me their ability to accept and love my dogs is almost the very first thing I consider. They are extremely important to me and I would no more consider an outside dog than I would fly to the moon. That said, someone who has an issue with dogs is never going to work for me, there is no compromise on this topic. Life is too short to live with someone constantly bitching about an extremely important part of my life. I don't consider them just pets, they are my family.

That said I am open to some compromises. Perhaps he might not like them sleeping on the bed for instance

Guest belgian.blue

My dogs are part of me so I could never be with someone who didn't allow my dogs in the house, on the bed etc. My dogs are raised to be in the house and only really go out if I go outside or when I'm working.

My two canines are my life and I'm not changing that for anyone.

I agree, Cowanbree. I am open to compromises in some ways, but would not have the dog outside the house.

Plus my girl is such a big part of my life that anyone who couldn't deal with having a (big, driven, loud, pushy) dog around, just wouldn't make the first cut. :laugh:

My OH is pretty easygoing, he loves the dogs and doesn't mind them inside the house (as long as they behave themselves of course).

I guess he wouldn't appreciate my Whippet that flies past your head like the Concord , over the kitchen table, where you are seated. Clears the back of the lounge, sticks the landing and looks at you as if to say " WHAT?" :laugh:

As long as nothing was destroyed in the process, it would be ok :)

Not sure about the hubby I wouldn't tolerate that one!

I think this topic is more about priorities than anything else. For me their ability to accept and love my dogs is almost the very first thing I consider. They are extremely important to me and I would no more consider an outside dog than I would fly to the moon. That said, someone who has an issue with dogs is never going to work for me, there is no compromise on this topic. Life is too short to live with someone constantly bitching about an extremely important part of my life. I don't consider them just pets, they are my family.

That said I am open to some compromises. Perhaps he might not like them sleeping on the bed for instance

My OH, as I mentioned before, isnt a dog person. But... he never complains about our dog and frequently says he is happy that she makes me so happy. :p

Even with our previous, extremely difficult dog, he went out of his way to help me cope with her. He was amazing.

Then, despite what must have been a very negative experience for him, he was very supportive of me getting our next dog.

His only stipulation has been no dogs on furniture. That's no biggie.

So aside from the fact that I cant "share" my dog with him, there is not much of a downside. I just am more aware of being totally responsible for my dog.

Point is, not all non-dog people are incompatible with living with dogs. It can work. ;)

Moselle, to be honest, I'd probably struggle with having 7 dogs in the house too.

But then, I think I'd struggle with that many dogs, period! :):laugh:

It does seem a difficult situation. I personally think dogs are best inside, but of your outside dogs are happy (and many are) I think its not a bad compromise to have your littlies inside.

My OH, as I mentioned before, isnt a dog person. But... he never complains about our dog and frequently says he is happy that she makes me so happy. :p

Even with our previous, extremely difficult dog, he went out of his way to help me cope with her. He was amazing.

Then, despite what must have been a very negative experience for him, he was very supportive of me getting our next dog.

His only stipulation has been no dogs on furniture. That's no biggie.

So aside from the fact that I cant "share" my dog with him, there is not much of a downside. I just am more aware of being totally responsible for my dog.

Point is, not all non-dog people are incompatible with living with dogs. It can work. ;)

Moselle, to be honest, I'd probably struggle with having 7 dogs in the house too.

But then, I think I'd struggle with that many dogs, period! :):laugh:

It does seem a difficult situation. I personally think dogs are best inside, but of your outside dogs are happy (and many are) I think its not a bad compromise to have your littlies inside.

I would never have little dogs outside, no way......personally, I don't mind big dogs in the house on occasion either and that is where my hubby and I are at loggerheads, lol. He doesnt mind the small dogs in the house and seems to be accepting of the cavalier, judging from his attitude yesterday, even though she sheds big time. If all 7 dogs were small they would all be residing in the house and he would have no say about it but I kinda understand where he is coming from in not wanting big dogs in the house and I suppose, at the end of the day, I am thankful that I am not a slave to the dogs given that I am house proud. When I am working, I don't have the time to vacuum and mop floors on an every day basis and with large shedding dogs in the house that would have to be a must as I could not stand it otherwise.

Edited to add that if all 7 dogs were small they would spend a vast amount of time in the house and allowed out to toilet and exercise, aside from that they would be by my side. When I work, my maltese and my chihuahua x are inside until I come home from work. I have trained them to do their business on a plastic tray lined with newspapers which, on occasion, my hubby cleans out for me.

Edited by Moselle

if mine were like that he would be divorced :confused: and he knows it. He had never had a dog till he met me but he learned fast that they are family members and as such share our space.

I doubt it he is a fantastic husband which is why we are still together after 37 years :rofl:

He may be a fantastic husband Rusky but that is a matter of perception, in other words.....he may be the perfect husband for you but that isn't to say that every other woman in this world would find him to be as fantastic as you do, lol; I bet that he may have certain idiosyncrasies that may not appeal to other people; the same applies to every individual in this world, what suits one person doesn't suit the other, e.g. my friend's husband is the perfect husband to her but I know that I would not be able to put up with his ways, I find him totally irritating.

;) and I thought this was a lighthearted thread :(

Will you guys quit your petty squabbles.

ahhh has got a bit out of control has it

ok

Moselle absolutely no one is attacking your husband or partner, well I ain't I saw this as a lighthearted thread. Will nick off now :confused:

Last nights bed lottery winner was ... Sessy Whippet

To this theme? You know, impossible and all (I thought Brett baby would have made it to the bed for sure) :confused:

Mission Impossible

Bubby Brett gets let up there every now and then but always leaves me regretting it. He lays on my head, steals my pillow, licks me in the mouth and generally is a pain in the rear end unti I yell out " COME AND GET THIS BLOODY DOG " ;)

He's alright for a lounge cuddle or one when your sitting in your chair at shows. He spends his days at shows, seeing if he can find a chair with someone in it, that's willing to let him get up and put his paws around their neck :(

OH had big dogs ..they were outside dogs only

but now he is buried in ours on the couch

and he has allergies that still flare up in spring especially

i am so lucky that he doesnt have rules about them

not ones that really impact

we use one car for the dogs and OH has his car dogfree so the allergies get a chance to subside

he is a big gentle guy and the dogs sense this and are drawn to him

sometimes i really pity him and he seldom says no to any of them who nestle up for a cuddle

hell just go shower and scrub his hands and pop a pill if he has to

i do the cleaning up after the dogs

so he isnt further aggravated but all in all i have it goooooooooooooooood

The word 'allowed' the word 'OH' just don't go together LOL

My partner and I are on the same page with the dogs being int he house.

My thoughts exactly!! My first husband wasn't an animal lover-consequently he didn't last long :o. Husband number two( coming up to 24th wedding anniversary) is as the quoted poster said 'on the same page'. I don't get the whole 'not allowed' thing either.....being 'not allowed' to do something should stop when we reach adulthood! My OH recently buried my beloved old 15 year old dog with much tenderness & care.........good ones are worth waiting for!

Well, I have got to say that I consider myself to be very lucky in this regard.

My husband and I have only been together and married for around 6 years. We both had large dogs when we met... he had 2 and I had 3... hence the Brady Bunch. We now only have 1 remaining of the original 5, but have still accumulated more again :o

We are both pretty much on the same page with everything regarding the dogs. I guess you could say I am sort of "boss" of the dog stuff. OH knows I am somewhat "into" them more than he is with training and general day to day husbandry, so he is more than happy to let me pave the way with all of the main dog decisions. He is always happy with what I do with them and decide what they are being fed, how they are being trained, trialled, shown etc and just goes along with it. Sure it does mean I do more of the work, but he is also more tha happy to help out with them but will usually not instigate something unless I ask him to.

He loves the dogs as much as I do. We are both happy with our arrangement and so are the dogs.

I am also very lucky that OH loves to come along to all our dog events. He would like to be more involved in competing and we are slowly working on that. :)

I really do appreciate that OH and I have a nice dynamic going between ourselves and the dogs. it works well.

OH had big dogs ..they were outside dogs only

but now he is buried in ours on the couch

and he has allergies that still flare up in spring especially

i am so lucky that he doesnt have rules about them

not ones that really impact

we use one car for the dogs and OH has his car dogfree so the allergies get a chance to subside

he is a big gentle guy and the dogs sense this and are drawn to him

sometimes i really pity him and he seldom says no to any of them who nestle up for a cuddle

hell just go shower and scrub his hands and pop a pill if he has to

i do the cleaning up after the dogs

so he isnt further aggravated but all in all i have it goooooooooooooooood

Good for you :o

My husband and I have only been together and married for around 6 years. We both had large dogs when we met... he had 2 and I had 3... hence the Brady Bunch. We now only have 1 remaining of the original 5, but have still accumulated more again :o

We are both pretty much on the same page with everything regarding the dogs. I guess you could say I am sort of "boss" of the dog stuff. OH knows I am somewhat "into" them more than he is with training and general day to day husbandry, so he is more than happy to let me pave the way with all of the main dog decisions. He is always happy with what I do with them and decide what they are being fed, how they are being trained, trialled, shown etc and just goes along with it. Sure it does mean I do more of the work, but he is also more tha happy to help out with them but will usually not instigate something unless I ask him to.

He loves the dogs as much as I do. We are both happy with our arrangement and so are the dogs.

I am also very lucky that OH loves to come along to all our dog events. He would like to be more involved in competing and we are slowly working on that. :laugh:

I really do appreciate that OH and I have a nice dynamic going between ourselves and the dogs. it works well.

Mine waits for me to train the pups to stack and bait or have them going well as adults, then he rocks up to a show every six months of so, shows and wrecks a few dogs, for a few weekends in a row, then promptly returns to retirement. :)

He must be getting ready to come back out, as he's been talking to Macy Wiggles about BIG's , for the last two weeks. Heaven help my poor Whippet. :provoke:

I am also very lucky that OH loves to come along to all our dog events. He would like to be more involved in competing and we are slowly working on that. :laugh:

Mine waits for me to train the pups to stack and bait or have them going well as adults, then he rocks up to a show every six months of so, shows and wrecks a few dogs, for a few weekends in a row, then promptly returns to retirement. :)

He must be getting ready to come back out, as he's been talking to Macy Wiggles about BIG's , for the last two weeks. Heaven help my poor Whippet. :provoke:

How does your OH wreck the dogs? lol :laugh:

My husband and I have only been together and married for around 6 years. We both had large dogs when we met... he had 2 and I had 3... hence the Brady Bunch. We now only have 1 remaining of the original 5, but have still accumulated more again :)

I am also very lucky that OH loves to come along to all our dog events. He would like to be more involved in competing and we are slowly working on that. :eek:

Mine waits for me to train the pups to stack and bait or have them going well as adults, then he rocks up to a show every six months of so, shows and wrecks a few dogs, for a few weekends in a row, then promptly returns to retirement. :provoke:

He must be getting ready to come back out, as he's been talking to Macy Wiggles about BIG's , for the last two weeks. Heaven help my poor Whippet. :laugh:

:laugh: I so get where you are coming from RSG. That is hilarious.

I try very hard to be open minded about OH doing obedience trials with our boy. He would like to, I would like him to, but he really doesn't have "the moves". And seriously, I am always very encouraging and would love him to just get out there and have a go, but because he has confidence issues also, it may never happen anyway. So, I will continue to do what we are doing which is me doing all the handling and training, he does all the strapping and we will keep talking about him handling "one day". :laugh:

I have an obedience trial to go to next year where I know we will end up with 2 of our dogs in the stays together. So, this coujld be a good way for him to get started. He has other people around him to copy from and feel under the radar around, so it could be the GO. Also, if he sort of stuffs it up completely, at least both dogs will see me out there in front. In fact the more I think about it, the dog he handles for stays will probably watch me the whole time anyway :laugh:

My OH is an awesome strapper. He puts up with me stressing very well. :o