Maryborough New Years Who's Going?

Jsk

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming none of the roads between Brissie and Maryborough get closed (which as far as I'm aware is unlikely?) then I will be there.

There are already roads to Bundaberg closed. My brother in law tried to get home to Bundaberg (from Brisbane) today and they can't get through.

Assuming none of the roads between Brissie and Maryborough get closed (which as far as I'm aware is unlikely?) then I will be there.

There are already roads to Bundaberg closed. My brother in law tried to get home to Bundaberg (from Brisbane) today and they can't get through.

Yeah but I'm talking about Brisbane to Maryborough - according to the RACQ road closures website, there are no issues at the moment. Where did your brother-in-law get stuck?

region_10.gif

154 and 167 are current trouble spots (roads closed) - both north of Maryborough.

Edited by Miss B

They were stuck on the Bruce Highway by the Isis River. I thought that was around Childers.. So it might not effect Maryborough people.

It was just opened a few hours ago and they've just been let through. Took them 9 hours to get home from Brisbane.

Edited by ~Erin~

Yeah but I'm talking about Brisbane to Maryborough - according to the RACQ road closures website, there are no issues at the moment. Where did your brother-in-law get stuck?

region_10.gif

154 and 167 are current trouble spots (roads closed) - both north of Maryborough.

I would not rely entirely on this map, I know of two places where roads (1 is on the hi-way) were and are still cut and they are not even marked on this map!!!

I would not rely entirely on this map, I know of two places where roads (1 is on the hi-way) were and are still cut and they are not even marked on this map!!!

Ok ta for the heads-up. Were those places north or south of Maryborough?

Ok ta for the heads-up. Were those places north or south of Maryborough?

Not in the Maryborough area, they are in our area, just saying that some of the major flooding in our area is not mentioned on this map at all. As I said one spot is on the High way and is not even marked on their map....

all roads r cut atm cant get in bundy cant get out im stuck help!! LOL

Ash there r creeks everywhere that would flood lol

Well if Bundy is cut that means the cataloguer and show secretary will not get to Maryborough...

and your show manager is still stuck in Gladstone

Well if Bundy is cut that means the cataloguer and show secretary will not get to Maryborough...

Who is the show manager? i heard it was Maxine Hobson and thought she lives Hervey Bay area.

Just heard from someone, they rang Marilyn and they will making a decision if show is on or not at 3.30 - 4 pm today.

Who is the show manager? i heard it was Maxine Hobson and thought she lives Hervey Bay area.

Just heard from someone, they rang Marilyn and they will making a decision if show is on or not at 3.30 - 4 pm today.

Yep it is Maxine she lives in Hervey Bay, but has been with Bonnie in Gladstone and is still there courtesy of all the rain and cut roads

Yep it is Maxine she lives in Hervey Bay, but has been with Bonnie in Gladstone and is still there courtesy of all the rain and cut roads

Oh well hope maxine can get through soon. Someone from gladstone tried to get through this morning and couldnt.

Any news?

I am still hoping to go just wondering if it will be on (don't want to call and annoy people).

Will be taking my time getting up there and have a motel booked.

Why would anyone risk travelling in these conditions?

Tru iv made my mind im not going...

But here in bundy if u need food u have to go get it b4 the shops run out.. All roads r cut cant get in bundy cant get out... And what iv seen last few days has been horrible! Ppl loosing everything and all this bloody water!