Where Do You Buy Your Treats From?

silentchild

Hi all, just would like to know if you give your dog any stick treats, such as bully sticks, beef sticks, pork rolls, etc - treats of those kinds, especially those that are good for cleaning teeth - which kinds do you give and where do you get them from?

Emma loves her treat sticks but I have a hard time trusting the ones sold in pet stores as I never know really what ingredients goes into making them and have been looking to buy some online. Thought it would be useful to ask if anyone knew any good websites who sell them made from good ingredients? (Cheap is a bonus too! :thumbsup: ) Thanks in advance for any recommendations!

(I'm sure there have been heaps of threads like this in the past, but my search skills are seriously failing me right now..)

Look for a site that gives more information on a product other than just the description. In my opinion its lazy to just put Basic info such as 'Liver treat' shows ho much they care.

We use Beef Tendons Paddywaks as they are just Beef, last a while.

Beef Jerky is good, Natural Vegetarian ears and the new Swiss dental chews ( Dogs love these )

Hi all, just would like to know if you give your dog any stick treats, such as bully sticks, beef sticks, pork rolls, etc - treats of those kinds, especially those that are good for cleaning teeth - which kinds do you give and where do you get them from?

Emma loves her treat sticks but I have a hard time trusting the ones sold in pet stores as I never know really what ingredients goes into making them and have been looking to buy some online. Thought it would be useful to ask if anyone knew any good websites who sell them made from good ingredients? (Cheap is a bonus too! :rofl: ) Thanks in advance for any recommendations!

(I'm sure there have been heaps of threads like this in the past, but my search skills are seriously failing me right now..)

I recommend the Australian Pet Treat Company. They make a fair bit of the stuff you buy in some pet shops and you can get it direct from them for much better prices.

I recommend the delights (semi-soft) the sticks and the jerky. :laugh: Their dried liver is great too.

Here's a link to a related thread on the subject.

Edited by poodlefan

If you want rawhide type treats then nearly all of them are imported and irradiated.

If the place of purchase can't tell you, then don't buy.

Online sellers (apart from those who make their own), buy from the same sources as a store front does.

We stock up with Australian made products as much as is possible and we ask every company the hard questions about their sources. Our pig's ears are only ever Australian, and we find that by working with wholesalers who have a desire to provide better quality, we can in turn pass that on.

Sags

Edited by Sagittarian

Emma loves her treat sticks but I have a hard time trusting the ones sold in pet stores as I never know really what ingredients goes into making them and have been looking to buy some online. Thought it would be useful to ask if anyone knew any good websites who sell them made from good ingredients? (Cheap is a bonus too! :rofl: ) Thanks in advance for any recommendations!

I recommend the Australian Pet Treat Company. They make a fair bit of the stuff you buy in some pet shops and you can get it direct from them for much better prices.

I recommend the delights (semi-soft) the sticks and the jerky. :laugh: Their dried liver is great too.

Here's a link to a related thread on the subject.

I recommend them as well, the dogs love the dried stuff. I feed it as one of mine doesn't tolerate a lot of raw bones. Good quality, prompt postage and the dogs never ever say no!

I can't believe you'd say that whiskedaway - Yellowgirl's ears would be burning.

I get some of mine from her shop - fido's fun house on payneham road (South Australia)

I also go to rural pet meats off South road, just south of Chandlers hill road (corner Sunvally rd) and there's a similar shop on Port road just East of South Road (yes the same one but much further North), on the South side of Port Road.

They have things like pigs ears from Wunterlichs - locally done not from China.

If I was in Victoria - I'd get treats from Happy paws.

Do a find on "happy" on this page

http://www.dogzonline.com.au/sponsors.asp

I use Jolie biscuits, dried beef with honey and sesame and their beef and vegetable discs - they are more expensive but locally made, decent ingredients and nothing nasty in them.

Vet's All Natural have treats now made with kangaroo - got these for the first time this week and they've been popular.

I also use Lickables - the fish ones which is 100% dried hoki.

I use Jolie biscuits, dried beef with honey and sesame and their beef and vegetable discs - they are more expensive but locally made, decent ingredients and nothing nasty in them.

Vet's All Natural have treats now made with kangaroo - got these for the first time this week and they've been popular.

I have bought the Jollie Treats before and had a hard time trying to actually find any Meat in them!

Don't the sesame seeds get stuck inbetween the dogs teeth?

Edited to correct spelling

Edited by Sue Brown

I use Jollie biscuits, dried beef with honey and sesame and their beef and vegetable discs - they are more expensive but locally made, decent ingredients and nothing nasty in them.

I have bought the Jollie Treats before and had a hard time trying to actually find any Meat in them!

Don't the sesame seeds get stuck inbetween the dogs teeth?

Edited to correct spelling

Can't miss the meat in the dried beef :laugh:

All the biscuits have meat in them too and decent meat cuts - not cheap, petfood grade stuff. Give them a call, they're really lovely to talk to and would have happy to explain their product I'm sure.

No idea about the seeds getting stuck - can't say I examine my dog's mouth that closely but he also has big teeth and has not asked me for the dental floss :rofl: