Eastern Creek Quarantine

Dxenion

I have a pup coming into EC 21 January and have spent the last 3 weeks trying to find pet friendly accommodation nearby for 2 adults and 3 GSDs that will be allowed indoors. I will be visiting the pup 4 times a week from 5 Feb when we arrive in Sydney until 20 Feb when he comes out.

I am looking for somewhere close that isn't going to kill me in taxi fares to and from EC. Any recommendations will be appreciated.

Will you not have a car to get around? Public transport there is pretty bad.

Hi, I wont have access to a car during the designated visiting times. Unfortunately I will have to rely on a taxi. We're from Perth (couldn't get him into quarantine here as it was fully booked) so I am basically coming over just to visit the pup and then bring him home.

I tried Holidaying with Dogs, Stayz.com.au and other online searches but have found nowhere that will allow 3 dogs inside for a 17 day stay.

Tues and Thurs afternoons between 1:30 and 3:30. This is just sitting in the kennel with him.

After his first week, he can POSSIBLY get 2 1/2 hour exercise appointments depending on availability in the yards and the weather. Exercise WILL be cancelled if there has been any rain or if it is too hot. If they are cancelled you can spend that 1/2 hour appt again sitting in the kennel with him.

Will you not have a car to get around? Public transport there is pretty bad.

Hi, I wont have access to a car during the designated visiting times. Unfortunately I will have to rely on a taxi. We're from Perth (couldn't get him into quarantine here as it was fully booked) so I am basically coming over just to visit the pup and then bring him home.

I tried Holidaying with Dogs, Stayz.com.au and other online searches but have found nowhere that will allow 3 dogs inside for a 17 day stay.

I truly feel you'll be hard pressed to find a place to meet your 3 dogs inside requirement in that area.

dasha beat me to it, the only two visiting days are Tues and Thurs.

Like Aziah I think you'll be hard pressed finding somewhere, especially with 3 large dogs.

You can go in on Monday and Wednesday mornings as a grooming visit and if you don't need grooming facilities, you can spend the grooming time in the kennel. The EC staff advised me that I can do this so I get 4 visits a week.

Poocow and Aziah have confirmed what 3 weeks of research has already told me - I know I will have difficulty finding accommodation nearby. I figured if I post my dilema here, someone in the vast DOL community may know of somewhere that can help.

Leaving our furkids home (either in a boarding kennel or with a pet sitter) is not an option.

Fingers and toes crossed.

Is there a possibility you can leave the 3 large dogs elsewhere or do they absolutely have to be with you? If so, there are a couple of cheap hotels not too far away.

Edited to add - what about a Caravan Park? Wasn't there one on Redmayne Rd somehwere or am I imagining things??

Edited to add agahin - doh, sorry, I can see now where you have said that you can't leave or baord the other dogs.

Edited by ~Anne~

Do any of these suit you?

Cottage, Guest house

Cabrera Cottage Penrith has undergone major renovations with new kitchen and bathroom and freshly painted.

Well behaved 4 legged family members are welcome at Cabrera Cottage.

Cabrera Cottage Penrith is centrally located in Penrith CBD close to shopping centres, restaurants, Penrith Panthers, Nepean Hospital, International Regatta Centre and Whitewater Rafting and a short drive from Eastern Creek Raceway and the Blue Mountains and the historic towns of Richmond and Windsor.

Holiday unit

It is very rare to travel to accommodation which is every bit as comfortable as home. This property will more than exceed your expectations.

Immaculately clean, fully furnished and completely self contained with a large undercover outdoor living area and fully enclosed back yard.

This three bedroom Townhouse will comfortably sleep 8 persons and is suitable for Business or Family Accommodation.

Two large bedrooms with queen size beds (one with a TV and private balcony) and a third with two single beds is available. A family size modern bathroom including a bath with linen and towels supplied.

The kitchen is fully equiped with modern self catering facilities, dishwasher and family size refrigeratorfreezer.

The laundry has a washing machine.

All the extra facilities e.g. Foxtel, access to the internet and parking space are available.

This is top quality accommodation within easy reach of Penrith and nearby Blue Mountains and situated in a very quiet position 2km from the M4 Freeway and 1km to Penrith CBD, Nepean Hospital, University and the International Regatta Centre. Public Transport to the Railway and Shopping Complex stops at the front door.

Holiday experiences

Family Friendly, Great view, Pet friendly

See here:

http://www.takeabreak.com.au/SydneyWest/Pe...ccomodation.htm

Do any of these suit you?

I really appreciate you taking the time to find these places for me. Cabrera Cottage states that they only allow 2 dogs but I've sent them an email asking about 3.

The holiday unit is 2 storey and I can't use stairs so unfortunately it rules that one out.

Thank you for helping. Fingers crossed Cabrera says yes. Will let you know.

If you can't find somewhere can you stay in a hotel and see if a boarding kennel will allow you to night board the animals - and take them out during the day? You would have to have a car though I'm guessing.

Annes also posted some good links for you.

As I live here, I've never really had to find accommodation. I know some caravan parks will accept dogs but thats generally when they are sleeping in a dog trailer/the owners caravan.

You can go in on Monday and Wednesday mornings as a grooming visit and if you don't need grooming facilities, you can spend the grooming time in the kennel. The EC staff advised me that I can do this so I get 4 visits a week.

Have you got that in letter form about if not used for grooming??

They are very strict there & many people i now who have used the facilities often haven't been allowed that privilege even a few Perth last year .

Maybe they are being more flexible but i would have it in written form if i was you(unless you do already)

You get the open visiting hours for visits,

You then get 2 extra 1/2 hour visits per week. These can be used as visiting OR Exercising OR grooming on any weekday morning.

Edited by dasha

If you catch a train though to Rooty Hill you will have to walk (1/2 hr) as there is no taxi's from Rooty Hill.

Not a nice walk at this time of year as it is extremely hot.

It may be cheaper to maybe just organise a pet walker to come and do the visiting and exercise on your behalf. Then have the dog flown to you when his quarantine is done. There is about 3 different companies that regularly come to do visiting on behalf of owners and do a good job. They know how it all works and book the appointments. That would probably be less stressful too for the family and the dogs you will be bringing.

How long is his expected Quarantine period. Where is he from?

If you catch a train though to Rooty Hill you will have to walk (1/2 hr) as there is no taxi's from Rooty Hill.

Not a nice walk at this time of year as it is extremely hot.

It may be cheaper to maybe just organise a pet walker to come and do the visiting and exercise on your behalf. Then have the dog flown to you when his quarantine is done. There is about 3 different companies that regularly come to do visiting on behalf of owners and do a good job. They know how it all works and book the appointments. That would probably be less stressful too for the family and the dogs you will be bringing.

How long is his expected Quarantine period. Where is he from?

Hi, he's coming from Sweden and will be in Quarantine for 30 days. Our dogs have travelled back and forth up, down and across the country so many times I've lost count now. Because we move so often, they travel very well so we aren't worried about the stress - I'm the only one stressing! They regard home as anywhere we lay out their bed for them. To them, the car is just another bed and they are usually snoring before we done 5 kms.

Thanks Dasha - I rang EC and they gave me the names/ numbers of the 3 main companies that go in regularly. Will post the info here if I'm not breaking any forum rules.

I took Anne's advice and emailed 'A Townhouse on Stafford' as they also had an apartment. The owner contacted me and said they would allow the dogs but as I can't use the stairs, it rules them out. I would recommend that if someone needed townhouse accommodation in the area, give these people a call as they were really friendly and willing to help. If only we could relocate their shower downstairs!

Cabrera also would accept the dogs but they couldn't accommodate us for the entire time.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

We tried there first and they told us that they were booked til mid February. The flights are booked, confirmed and have been paid for and it would've cost $200 to change the import permit destination to Perth. As he will be on his way in 4 days, it's too late to change anything now.

Thanks for thinking outside the box though.

We were hoping to start training with him as he matures from 12-16 weeks. We are just hoping he doesn't start the fear phase whilst he's there. The breeder has done a wonderful job exposing him to so many new environments and experiences and from the videos and blogs we've received, he's doing really well - a bold and inquistive little trooper. We didn't want it to grind to a halt for four weeks.