Toowoomba Help For Pets In Need

Bullbreedlover

SB, can you pm me pet barns number

they now know you? If i do an order tomorrow, they will know what it is all for? (want to pm me your real name, so i can say who is picking the stuff up? :confused: )

so is it just dog and cat food you need from PB? If i get a few 20kg bags of bonnie (or pedigree?) and some big bags of Whiskas will that be ok? I dont normally get these brands, but figure they need a lot of food, and not one bag of good expensive stuff!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stonebridge - are these animals at the UQ clinic at Gatton?

I've just had a call from the girl who's organising the vet student volunteers at the clinic and they have had a TONNE of food donated after a radio appeal today. Ill get onto her to see what they need right now.

I'm now going Tuesday so anyone with stuff to donate we can arrange to take it out then if needed.

SB, can you pm me pet barns number

they now know you? If i do an order tomorrow, they will know what it is all for? (want to pm me your real name, so i can say who is picking the stuff up? :) )

so is it just dog and cat food you need from PB? If i get a few 20kg bags of bonnie (or pedigree?) and some big bags of Whiskas will that be ok? I dont normally get these brands, but figure they need a lot of food, and not one bag of good expensive stuff!

they will always need dog and cat food. they havent got many cats but the council workers are leaving food out everywhere for the animals they cant catch

yeah they know us LOL. there is alot of staff though so not all know us.

The couple with the ekky parrot and the big dogs. LOL

we are going into town tomorrow with rosie and will stop by

will PM you

I've just had a call from the girl who's organising the vet student volunteers at the clinic and they have had a TONNE of food donated after a radio appeal today. Ill get onto her to see what they need right now.

I'm now going Tuesday so anyone with stuff to donate we can arrange to take it out then if needed.

Only just saw your post now.

We were there at lunch time an there was alot of dog food there.

We brought cat and dog toys and bird food of which they needed. I have more food to take later as this will be a continuing saga for weeks I imagine. The uni vet will gladly take anything offered.

All the pet stockists in town have donated all their food to the RSPCA so i have been told today.

Not all of this food will make it down the range as I was told alot of it will head up to Rocky and areas as they also need it up there.

the food and toys etc and bedding I am taking down is for the Grantham, Gatton, Lockyer Valley pets.

I will catch up with our friends tomorrow so i can organise for those people who have pets at the evac centre to make sure they are still alright.

their pets have been banished to the outside by orders of the red cross who said that the dogs inside are a health hazard.

:)

no more a health hazard than all the dirty stinking mud around

LOL, stonebridge you have misread part of my post. I am happy to come out 1/2 way to meet you.

Can you either list here what you are in need of, or PM? re dog/cat/bird supplies. I will call Prestige on Monday and try to get an appointment with the Manager ASAP.

We have a produce store here who have a lot of horse products and a Petstock in Caboolture and am happy to approach them as well if you think it will help. Again please advise what you are most in need of.

will pm you tomorrow H

I see Flicka is coming from Brissy on tuesday

Only just saw your post now.

We were there at lunch time an there was alot of dog food there.

We brought cat and dog toys and bird food of which they needed. I have more food to take later as this will be a continuing saga for weeks I imagine. The uni vet will gladly take anything offered.

All the pet stockists in town have donated all their food to the RSPCA so i have been told today.

Not all of this food will make it down the range as I was told alot of it will head up to Rocky and areas as they also need it up there.

the food and toys etc and bedding I am taking down is for the Grantham, Gatton, Lockyer Valley pets.

I will catch up with our friends tomorrow so i can organise for those people who have pets at the evac centre to make sure they are still alright.

their pets have been banished to the outside by orders of the red cross who said that the dogs inside are a health hazard.

:)

no more a health hazard than all the dirty stinking mud around

i agree give me my four pawed friends over my two legged associates any day. i would take my bed and sleep out side with the animals

Just got an email and the main thing they need at the moment is collars and leads... if anyone has some spares lying around (I know I do) they'd be much appreciated!

By coincidence, I just put my donation in the mail... & I nearly wrote I'd be happy if it were spent on something like collars & leads (if they've got plenty of food). The dogs at the uni, in the TV clip, didn't seem to be wearing collars.

Thanks again, for collecting, SB. You & people like FM are in direct contact with the uni people & others in the evac centres, and their needs. :)

Both Teebs

But I am imagining just a decent plain inexpensive collar and a plain lead.

I can get plain leads from K mart for less price and they will be suitable.

If someone donates just money I can purchase some of these.

They will always need dog food. Cat food.

I know there has been alot of flea meds sent.

Mita I can use your money for a few leads and collars. I will ask K Mart for a discount or anywhere I go I will ask anyway. They may come to the party. I can also purchase some brushes and they can stay with the dogs when they go out.

I said in another post that alot of the money that the general public has donated to purchase food will be used for Rocky etc. Which is great.

I am thinking that the horses do not have alot of food.But I think the horsey community have that covered. I think there have been ducks and geese come in as well.

Mita I can use your money for a few leads and collars. I will ask K Mart for a discount or anywhere I go I will ask anyway. They may come to the party. I can also purchase some brushes and they can stay with the dogs when they go out.

I'm happy to go with the spending decisions of you & people on the spot, SB.

I was just tempted to go over to our K Mart & get some collars & leads and send them to you. But by the time they'd get there, the animals' needs might have changed. So I'll continue to watch for your & FM's advice on current need. I can always then top up my donation.

I'll see if I can get someone to fossick about in my shed for spare dog bowls, brushes etc, and there will be some horse and pony headcollars and leads. I am still in vic, but if one of my friends can get it, will ensure it gets to you Stonebridge.

All spare funds have gone to people whose homes were flooded, so only goods left now. :rofl:

For those who have been very generous in donating whatever they have to the animals owned by the people of Grantham, Withcott, Helidon this is just a small update.

Hubby and I have been corresponding with our friends who were caught up in the Grantham area.

We have done a drop of crates(they are there if needed) and food and toys and towels and bedding (kindly donated by wonderful people) And I am going down the range again hopefully Tuesday and when ever needed again.

A few of these people have been via ozshow. Quite alot of people via DOL.

People have donated what they can and I am really moved by the comments and by their generosity that they want to help all the fur and feather animals involved in this tragedy.

The people of Grantham were hoping to go back to their town in the next few days but as some of you will know they found another deceased person yesterday in one of the already checked houses. So their return has been delayed while they re check.

I have a few people who I am communicating with as to what the animals need and a centre is being set up in Gatton for when people are allowed to return to their houses. Well, those who have houses to return to.

Everyone who has lost pets have been absolutely heartbroken.

The uni centre is still receiving animals. They will never turn them away so they still need donations.

But the donations will be on going of course.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

People who have contacted me via email and Dogzonline people rock

You are just awesome

:rofl::rofl:

debs

I'm happy to go with the spending decisions of you & people on the spot, SB.

I was just tempted to go over to our K Mart & get some collars & leads and send them to you. But by the time they'd get there, the animals' needs might have changed. So I'll continue to watch for your & FM's advice on current need. I can always then top up my donation.

:rofl:

Thank you so much

I'll see if I can get someone to fossick about in my shed for spare dog bowls, brushes etc, and there will be some horse and pony headcollars and leads. I am still in vic, but if one of my friends can get it, will ensure it gets to you Stonebridge.

All spare funds have gone to people whose homes were flooded, so only goods left now. :rofl:

Thank you Jed

That will be awesome.

Maybe we can work with Flick Mac as I think she is Brissy way???

Bowls are needed.

Anything will be just wonderful.

Yep - I can coordinate with Jed if it's easier... we've got 13 horses at the uni clinic presumably a lot of flood survivors. I'm on call Tuesday night so will be busy then...

Perhaps donations directly to the UQ clinic would be a good idea? I'm not sure how many of these animals need medical attention (rather than just cleaning up and boarding) but maybe we could start a fund for any that do come in needing attention (horsey or small animal). Let me know what you all think.

Perhaps donations directly to the UQ clinic would be a good idea? I'm not sure how many of these animals need medical attention (rather than just cleaning up and boarding) but maybe we could start a fund for any that do come in needing attention (horsey or small animal).

I don't know if it still exists, but in the past UQ Vet Clinic used to have a fund for emergency work done on strays brought in. It was a great way to honour a loved pet that had passed, by donating to that fund, in memory. We did when our 22 yr old dog died ( a patient at UQ clinic).

From UQ News,15 January. Vice-Chancellor prof. Paul Greenfield:

UQ Gatton was isolated for a few days, but is now up and running and will host an evacuation centre for people from Toowoomba and the Lockyer Valley regions.

“Animal welfare has been a priority at UQ Gatton throughout the flood, and the School of Veterinary Science is now an animal rescue centre for the region.”

Edited by mita

Yep - I can coordinate with Jed if it's easier... we've got 13 horses at the uni clinic presumably a lot of flood survivors. I'm on call Tuesday night so will be busy then...

Perhaps donations directly to the UQ clinic would be a good idea? I'm not sure how many of these animals need medical attention (rather than just cleaning up and boarding) but maybe we could start a fund for any that do come in needing attention (horsey or small animal). Let me know what you all think.

I am not sure exactly how this would work though Flick. The Equine centre is separate as such from the small animal centre.

I am not sure who is running the equine centre. I am happy to go with whatever my donaters would like.

With this way the food is going to those in need at the moment.

I do have info about some feed for horses or cattle.

I went to a local house to collect some bedding that she was donating and they have quite alot of sheafs of oats to give away. It will need rolling though unless mixed with other feed.

It is sitting here in the sheds. They just need someone with an enclosed truck or trailer to pick it up. Granted you will lose some oats while moving it but it is free!