Toowoomba Help For Pets In Need

Bullbreedlover

OK

Have just spoken to the vet nurse.

They have around 40 dogs 10 cats and about 20 birds in the uni at the moment.

They are expecting more animals in as they continue to search the smaller townships. These animals they have at the moment are only from the grantham, helidon area

they are expecting a large influx of birds tomorrow and more pets as they search other small towns

so they will need bird seed, large and small

cat and dog toys

bedding, towels, bird mineral supplements, flea collars etc.

Even monetary donations so I can buy the food if need be.hopefully at big discounts from the pet stores if they cant give it away

Everything received will be accounted for.

I will be ringing around all the pet supply places(i know one was destroyed in the toowoomba flood) and the lifeline places to see if they can help with bedding and toys

Anyone in the Toowoomba area if you can help please contact me by personal message

If you can get these to me that would be great as I can also do some drop offs after work next week and during next weekend as well.

I have limited money for petrol as we havent been working since Monday and I dont know what the work situation is next week but if need be I can pick up some things.

Am planning a run tomorrow and sunday if needed

Please pass this on

thanks

debs

Edited by stonebridge

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just spoke to him, said they've already donated and petstock did a run out there today. So they may give discounted prices but not sure if they'll give more outright donations, can't hurt to ask though. Others will probably donate goods though.

Thanks Rev

They have plenty of dog food at this stage but in talking to the vet nurse last night there are lots of other things they need for the animals.

I am doing another run down the range around Tuesday avo if anyone else would like to help.

The people at Pet Barn were just wonderful.

Bedding is needed, towels, old sheets.

and of course more food in the long run.

They probably have enough bird food for now but will need cat food and dog food donations for awhile even though there is plenty at the moment.

There are still areas of the district that are crime scenes and the Council has not yet been allowed in to check for pets.

Thank you to those who have got in contact with me via this list and others.

You are wonderful people for caring about all the animals

It's so good to be able to help, when those looking after the pets, the vet uni staff at Gatton, are saying exactly what they need. And any money raised will buy exactly that.

For anyone who missed the other thread, this is what donations are helping. And the numbers have gone up heaps since this article.

http://www.smh.com.au/environment/weather/...0114-19qji.html

Edited by mita

For those who are visiting this thread and would like an update.

Hubby and I have visited some businesses today. Vinnies and Lifeline gave us towels and bedding for nothing.

Pet barn, even though the Toowoomba store has already donated thousands of dollars of food, they came to the party and gave us huge discounts for toys, bird seed etc.

We have sent down two large crates as well, which they may or may not use but at least they have them.

I have more donated food to pick up next week and will be doing another run.

The animals are looking very depressed. Each one will be greiving for their owners. Hopefully the toys and sheeps ears we got them will give them something to do. I am also planning on trying to get alot of beef leg bones from work next week to take to the dogs. The vet can store the unused ones in a big fridge they have.

There are quite a few areas of the bottom of the range that have not yet been searched by rescuers. So they are still crime zones. Hence the council have not yet been able to come in and search for more pets.

One house they checked about 4 times. Each time not finding anything. The last time they checked there were 6 dogs there which they collected up.

Seeing everything has truly been a very sad time. Houses were inundated and yet 50 metres away others were spared.

Talking to our friends has been very sad and they are waiting to hear about further news about their town.

debs

Stonebridge I'll be heading out to Gatton probably on Monday. Uni have asked for collars and leads but I'm sure more bedding won't go astray. I can take stuff from Brisbane out there when I go so if anyone would like to donate from this end get in touch with me and we'll work something out. I know many people with horses (and other livestock) are in need of medical supplies like bandages, animalintex etc so if there is any to spare it would be greatly appreciated.

Stonebridge I'll be heading out to Gatton probably on Monday. Uni have asked for collars and leads but I'm sure more bedding won't go astray. I can take stuff from Brisbane out there when I go so if anyone would like to donate from this end get in touch with me and we'll work something out. I know many people with horses (and other livestock) are in need of medical supplies like bandages, animalintex etc so if there is any to spare it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much FM

There are some heartbreaking cases with the horses and livestock as well.

Truly devastating. It may take a long time for some of them to recover.

There are animals that havent been claimed yet as I am sure the owners are either still missing or just havent been able to get in to see them.

There are a few large dogs there that may need some large dog toys.

No worries - I know we're trying to organise foster care in the area (if possible) too for whenever we've got to start getting them out of the hospital. If we could have a little pack to go with each animal that would be really good..

Re horses - Ellie lost 2 of her 7 horses in Postman's Ridge and contacted me saying all her neighbours (and her) supplies were down. I go to uni with the wife of the local ranger so I hope they got supplies through to them. We have got someone who can get through to the 'crime scene' areas though which is very helpful.

No worries - I know we're trying to organise foster care in the area (if possible) too for whenever we've got to start getting them out of the hospital. If we could have a little pack to go with each animal that would be really good..

Re horses - Ellie lost 2 of her 7 horses in Postman's Ridge and contacted me saying all her neighbours (and her) supplies were down. I go to uni with the wife of the local ranger so I hope they got supplies through to them. We have got someone who can get through to the 'crime scene' areas though which is very helpful.

If she hasn't already get her (and anyone else who needs horsey help) to join cyberhorse forums there are a great bunch of people there looking to donate directly to the people who have been affected. :confused:

LOL, stonebridge you have misread part of my post. I am happy to come out 1/2 way to meet you.

Can you either list here what you are in need of, or PM? re dog/cat/bird supplies. I will call Prestige on Monday and try to get an appointment with the Manager ASAP.

We have a produce store here who have a lot of horse products and a Petstock in Caboolture and am happy to approach them as well if you think it will help. Again please advise what you are most in need of.