Elective Cesarians And Costs

ashka1

c sections here start from (elective) at around 510 to 1,569 depending on your vet.

emergency c sections are anywhere from 710 to over 2 grand, depending on who is on call.

scans are anywhere from 55 to 97. (depending on vet)

my vet is cheaper c section, middle range scans but they do have the best scanners in nz.

the dearer vet is the more *popular* one with branches through out the city.

costs you $120 to even look at the vet after hours, money up front thanks. (thats NOT the consult fee)

c sections here start from (elective) at around 510 to 1,569 depending on your vet.

emergency c sections are anywhere from 710 to over 2 grand, depending on who is on call.

$1026.00 for an emergency C-Section at 7pm on a Sat night.

$103 for an pregnancy Xray

$90 for Ultrasound.

$83 for a Progesterone test.

I am interestd in the range of costs for an elective or within busines hours cesarian on a large breed. Also 28 day scans, what do you pay?

Just paid $955 for elective during business hours.

Ultrasound at 28 days, $45 for one vet, $75 for the one closer to home. :(

My friend in Perth just paid $950 for emergency C section at 11.30pm on a Sunday night - fantastic price for the time of night :laugh:

I have paid anywhere from $70 to $110 for an ultrasound (had 3 done in the last 2 months)

Prog test $32 (in Dec 2010)

Thanks for all the answers.

I have not had to have a cesarian done for some years and was totally unsure what the "average price is" but am looking at a possible elective for a planned litter. Just dont want a huge shock :laugh: I was expecting $1000 to $1200 and really that has not change too much over the years and a fair price. I have not spoken to my vet as yet, as on holidays.

$950 for an emergency! excellent price!

I would contact your various vets for costs re C-sect. There are so many variables. I recently paid $1200 for an emergency one at 7am. (just outside normal hours).

28 day scans, I have paid anywhere for $60 - $110 for ultrasounds.

Where do you get your scans done ? It just cost me $150 for an ultrasound :laugh:

Emergency C Section at 3am in the morning on a public holiday $930 that included antibiotics for mum (sheltie) - I thought I was very lucky for that price. I also had 2 vets doing the c section which was good because one vet tended to a pup that was struggling and need a blood tranfusion while the other tended to mum.

I think with a number of vets what you pay depends on who you are. If you are a well known customer then you tend to get things a bit cheaper.

I was once quoted $450 for an ultrasound to confirm that my girl was in whelp when I now pay about $50 for an ultrasound. Needless to say I no longer use my local vet as they did not give me confidence that they knew what they were doing in relation to breeding. I would hate to think what they would have charged me for a C-section if I needed one.

Progesterone Tests range from $45 to $75 ( both of these vets the tests are done on site and results are back within a few hours), I used to use a vet where they went offsite however after issues with results coming back on time I no longer use that vet for my Prog Tests as it is a waste of money if you cannot get same day results.

TB