2011 Brags Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Way to go Brookie and Soggy (and bedazzledx2 and Ptolomy). The standard of obedience is so very high over in WA and you two are certainly the bench mark :thumbsup:. Always pushing each other to achieve bigger and better things. Well done guys :).

Yes, there are some stunning dogs coming through CCD and Novice over here Ness..guess you haven't seen them work??? But yes, we all aspire to have our dogs work like Ptolomy's and Bedazzled's..wait tiil Zac gets out there :thumbsup:

No only a certain red dog in CCD but I do know the WA standard is extremely high and from what I have heard from Ptolomy's comments - the standard in WA always was high though even when I last visited many years ago now so I don't doubt things have changed in any way. Lots great dogs - maybe it should have read "a bench mark". I didn't mean to suggest there weren't others but rather they are the ones I know and have watched and admired.

Will go back in my box now :o.

Edited by ness

Way to go everybody who got passes this weekend :cooldance: :cooldance:

ok now I will add my little brag Peperone Original Sin ET aka Orlando, gained his CCD title today with a score of 94/100 & placed 1st, he romped it in, 2nd place got 87/100 :dancingelephant::happydance2::happydance:

Way to go Brookie and Soggy (and bedazzledx2 and Ptolomy). The standard of obedience is so very high over in WA and you two are certainly the bench mark :thumbsup:. Always pushing each other to achieve bigger and better things. Well done guys :).

:D What she said! We certainly use what we see from WA to try to model ourselves on - inspirational :thumbsup: .

ET say - and ness - you forgot the Scoota man!!!! :D

Edited by Tassie

I put this in the herding thread but decided it needed sharing here as well. So proud of Piper tonight:

On the up, Piper at 10.5 years put in 2 pretty good runs for 2 passes and gained her HSBs title from the only 3 B course trials we have held in SA. Her first run was ratty but her second run was pretty good. If I could just get the pen happening more smoothly her 86.5 would have been a much better score (7 off at the pen!) She also gained high in trial from her first ratty run as the only pass in the morning trial. The second pass of the day was bittersweet and left me with a few tears as that was Piper's last ever Competitive sheep run. She has been an amazing dog to train and trial for my first herding dog and together we have learnt so much and gained so much more than I ever would have expected. At 10.5, with a rear leg issue and a 6 month break until our next trials, I think that intermediate will be too big an ask so will finish her here on this positive note. The dog that I retired last year has now gained her HXAd and HSBs this year, we will still continue with ducks but sheep and the longer outruns and speed to cover put too much stress on her back leg and she couldn't sit or drop by her second run today. As always though she gave me her all and never showed any sign of pain and as she will literally work on 3 legs, I have made the decision I think is best for her. I am a very proud Mum tonight of Piper - Agile Draw CD AD JD HIAs HXAd HSBs.

In addition, SA has run 3 types of ANKC herding trials (A sheep, A ducks and B sheep) Piper has competed in the first trial of each of these. She was the first ANKC registered dog to gain a herding trial title in SA, the first of any register to gain a duck title and has gone on to be the only 1 to title at intermediate and advanced in SA and today became the first ANKC register dog to gain a B course title in SA.

Its party time.......

I don't think I have ever entered 6 classes and had 6 passes in any trial but this was a State Championships.

Its now Scoota UDX thumbsup1.gifthumbsup1.gifthumbsup1.gif

Its now Cider CDX thumbsup1.gifthumbsup1.gifthumbsup1.gif(winning open with 197)

Scoota won UD with 194 and 3rd in open with 193

STrauss passed CCD with 92

Beans passed open

and..........

Scoota won winner of winners.

We all celebrated with cheese and bacon balls - a favourite of all the kids eek1.gifeek1.gif

Congratulatuons Millie!!! WTG :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Wooohoooooooo well done, Ptolomy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Makes my brag pretty insignificant in comparison laugh.gif

Millie became Milliemoo CDX tonight thumbsup1.gif

We have a few other DOLers with state obedience brags, too. Come on guys, get in here!!!!!! :p