Puppy Food

Dogsrawesome

I feed my guys a combo of premium dry food (black hawk) and RMB

If you use the search option at the bottom of the page you will find lots of threads on what's considered the best food for puppies and dogs.

yeah i know what you mean sandra777, unfortunatly i had one of those breeders..

so i just reverted back to raw, it worked well with my samoyed lol

I weaned my first litter onto Advance rehydratable kibble & raw mince last year. All pups did really well on it, & I sent each pup home with a 1.5kg bag of it.

Jasper the pup we kept has been fed Advance puppy /raw mince combo & raw bones for 9 months now & he has just thrived. :laugh:

My adult dogs have the Advance adult dry with raw meat & they also look great. :p

with raw food i don't really know much about it is it literally just like mince from the butcher? sorry if that sounds really stupid i'm just curious. I don't understand how people make puppies start off with wheetbix i don't know how that would remotely be good for a pup :S. I have read about advance i thought it would be a good brand then i read something somewhere else saying all dry food is basically the same???

with raw food i don't really know much about it is it literally just like mince from the butcher?

I'm sure you've gone and looked at the link so this is really for the benefit of anyone who doesn't bother, but no - absolutely not just mince from the butcher. Raw meat on it's own is not the natural food for a dog and will do a puppy irreparable harm. The minerals in an animal are in the bones so meat and bone together is essential if you're going to raw feed.

Edited by Sandra777

If you're overfaced by the idea of feeding raw then I'd recommend a diet of raw meaty bones (eg. chicken wings) and kibble fed alternately.

Feed a decent quality kibble with rmbs and you can't go too far wrong.

A poor home made diet will not be better than kibble. A lot of pups get some quite inappropriate diets due to lack of research.