Professional Scissors

animalia

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering what brand/s of professional scissors are the best to use for dog grooming. As professional scissors are expensive I just wanted some opinions and recommendations before I invest in some.

THANKS! :bottom:

Scissors are so personal !

I really like Geib in the mid price range, and for great everyday value i don't think you can beat Roseline.

If you are looking for really high end, please try to attend a supplier or go to a grooming/ dog show etc where you can 'try before you buy' . What looks great on a screen or in a catalogue may not meet your expectations in any way once you have them in your hand !

How long is a piece of string?

What one person loves someone else will hate. You really need to go and test out a few brands before you make that sort of decision.

So agree with this.

Scissors vary so much in weight /comfort .

depends if you after bent shank/normal etc etc the list goes .

Even the breed can play a factor in which brands sometimes work better for

Agree with the others, it is better to try before you buy. Although most of my scissors are Roseline, they are a brand that suit the way I work and feel balanced. I also like scissors with a finger rest (preferably built in, not screwed in) and microserrated blades.

Agree with the try them out.

I got all excited the other night at a show that they had some scissors on a massive sale and I want a shorter pair than what I have. They were not comfortable at all for me. The weighting jus felt all wrong. So even though they were a huge bargain I put them back as I would end up reverting to my longer but really comfortable to me pair.

I have Geib gators and really like them.

However, I agree with other posters who say don't buy sight unseen. You really need to handle them to see if they suit you.

I'm a big fan of bent shank scissors but it all depends on what breed you're grooming.