Cancelled - Classic Dog Show

SwaY

Show is cancelled !!!

I was at the show all set up, the committee made an announcement to cancel the show.

KCC is flooded, the office area is all blocked off.

Cars are having trouble driving into KCC, the roof was also leaking.

It has been raining non-stop since 5pm yesterday.

We all had to drive out the way we came in, lucky with the van im a little higher up.

One exhibitor had driven 3 hours, and had to turn around and go home again. :bottom:

The water was coming up through the drains inside the venue!

We all had to drive out the way we came in, lucky with the van im a little higher up.

One exhibitor had driven 3 hours, and had to turn around and go home again. :bottom:

The water was coming up through the drains inside the venue!

we were standing at the front of our house trying to decide to go or not, dogs bathed,,BUGGER, and in trailer. Now all back inside. Ava very upset, she loves her shows. We have a river running across the front of the house.. Ducks are very happy!!!!!!!

I'm in a SUV, but there was someone in a hatchback in front of me driving out and you could tell they were very very nervous driving through the water. Probably a good thing we all left when we did or there could have been quite a few people stuck!

Good Morning,

How about we suggest all clubs list a Show day contact number on show schedules. Save many frustrated exhibitors. Lyndhurst has had almost 6 inches of rain in 12 hours one of the highest readings in the state. keep safe everyone. DB

My dogs just think I'm mad!

Right ... so we got in the car ... we went for a nice drive ... we stayed in the car while you unloaded it ... then loaded it back up again ... then we drove home! Um, why? :bottom:

Practice you are trying to beat your set up speed record at KCC. :D

My dogs are wondering why we went for a drive in the torrential rain??? Got there just as they were putting up the Show Cancelled Sign!!

Just glad to be back home safe n sound. OH is outside now trying to re route rivers!

I wonder if its at all possible to re-schedule this show for tomorrow...Sunday at KCC?

The rain will have stopped by then and the water should have abated?

Many exhibitors have also entered Ballarat which is tomorrow.

Was to be be first show for th year. At least I don't feel so bad now about deciding it wasn't going to work out lol.

Think that a decision should have been made earlier though to cancel- the carpark flooding is NOT a new occurrence and 36 hours of hammering rain has been predicted for AGES. plus there have been police warnings issued for the Monash and I believe Nepean HWY asking people NOT to travel unless necessary since last night.

Feel for those who went all that way :bottom: I checked DOL, FB and the VCA page until 1 am and there was nothing listed. Annoying.

And love that suggestion, Yorkpark!!! Have it available from say 5am show day (I know it's early but many exibitors have no choice but to leave home at such an hour!), heck even a number leading to a recording that says if te show is on or not.

But there would be many who did not enter Ballarat which at this stage may also be cancelled anyway.

Even if they had also entered Ballarat they could have a choice to travel to Ballarat or KCC since its been paid for anyway.

I would rather be able to have a choice to get to one show instead of no shows for the weekend.

I wonder if its at all possible to re-schedule this show for tomorrow...Sunday at KCC?

Was to be be first show for th year. At least I don't feel so bad now about deciding it wasn't going to work out lol.

Think that a decision should have been made earlier though to cancel- the carpark flooding is NOT a new occurrence and 36 hours of hammering rain has been predicted for AGES. plus there have been police warnings issued for the Monash and I believe Nepean HWY asking people NOT to travel unless necessary since last night.

Feel for those who went all that way :bottom: I checked DOL, FB and the VCA page until 1 am and there was nothing listed. Annoying.

And love that suggestion, Yorkpark!!! Have it available from say 5am show day (I know it's early but many exibitors have no choice but to leave home at such an hour!), heck even a number leading to a recording that says if te show is on or not.

I made the decision myself not to go because of those warnings, sometimes I think you have to make your own decisions and not wait for a committee to make them!

It would have been a very hard decision for the committee to make today. Good on them for thinking of the safety of exhibitors, dogs and all involved in running a show.

I made the decision myself not to go because of those warnings, sometimes I think you have to make your own decisions and not wait for a committee to make them!

It would have been a very hard decision for the committee to make today. Good on them for thinking of the safety of exhibitors, dogs and all involved in running a show.

I agree with you and we made the decision last night not to attend but the fact that it still, essentially was going to go ahead until around 6:30 this morning when many exhibitors would already be on the road is a little frustrating. Not to mention the committee themselves who had to be there at sparrow's fart to set up. Had the decision been made earlier everyone could have enjoyed a sleep in.

I truely feel sorry for the committee of this show - The Classic used to be one of the icon shows in Victoria for the year - one of those you just had to be at. I wonder how long before they submit a new date for this show so that they can start building it into that icon show again. (fires/flooding - this will effect entries for their future shows). Maybe the call to cancel should have been made earlier but that is a hard call to make.

The flooding at KCC has only been happening since the natural drainage points were filled in / closed off / changed. The property didn't have an issue until these things were changed. The major one being the natural flow off from the dam which used to run down the right hand side of the property. It still has to go somewhere and when the natural flow off is interrupted this means the excess water will sit there and then when there is extra rain - like now - it will flood. Whoever made the decision to change this several years ago has alot to answer for.

Do committee's have any recourse against the VCA when this happens ? Imagine if this were a Specialty weekend at KCC and there were 8 + shows running with hundreds of exhibitors from interstate who would have already been here.

I think some serious land management needs to occur and soon.

But there would be many who did not enter Ballarat which at this stage may also be cancelled anyway.

Even if they had also entered Ballarat they could have a choice to travel to Ballarat or KCC since its been paid for anyway.

I would rather be able to have a choice to get to one show instead of no shows for the weekend.

You make it sound so simple to just move the show to the next day - What about the Judges, Committee & show staff ?? They have lives outside of showing & most would not be available to just turn up the next day.

You make it sound so simple to just move the show to the next day - What about the Judges, Committee & show staff ?? They have lives outside of showing & most would not be available to just turn up the next day.

Of course I know it may not be possible and not easy to do but if you read my OP I simply asked if "its" at all possible?

The judges are all Victorians so it may just be do-able?????????