Dog Nicknames

Katie P

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zero (who is actually Zero Armadeus Apollo) gets Z, Z-puppy, monster, munchkin, pup, puppy, poopy, Oi, doofus, fatty, fatty boombah, fatty boombalamutt, horrible dog, fat mutt, goggie, woof, woofy and smelly. I sound so horrible when I call him half of those things ;)

He mostly gets called Z (Zee) but he gets Zero Armadeus when he's in trouble (or about to do something he knows is wrong).

Edited by ~*Shell*~

Zero (who is actually Zero Armadeus Apollo) gets Z, Z-puppy, monster, munchkin, pup, puppy, poopy, Oi, doofus, fatty, fatty boombah, fatty boombalamutt, horrible dog, fat mutt, goggie, woof, woofy and smelly. I sound so horrible when I call him half of those things :wave:

He mostly gets called Z (Zee) but he gets Zero Armadeus when he's in trouble (or about to do something he knows is wrong).

:D

Isn't it interesting that, the more you love your dog, the worse names you call him/her? ;)

I must be psycho level obsessed then ;)

And yes snow wolf - that's a very normal name for me to call him. My usual getting home routine involves me coming in and calling "oi! fat mutt! where are you horrible dog?" unless he's got his head underneath the gate in which case it's Hi Woof! Whatcha doing horrible dog?"

Ruby: Roo (most of the time), Rubes, Ruby Grace, Ruby-Roo, Rabbit, Puppa-Girl, Wigglebum, Black Monster, Black Dog. The last two go well with the other dogs at my brother's where her mama dog is- Yellow Monster/Dog (mama dog), Blue Monster/Dog (the ACD X my brother recently rescued) and Half Dog (their Foxie) ;)

Jasper (grey and white tabby cat): Jasp, Jaspy, Piglet, Piggly-Wiggly, Jasperificus

I have Bodhi who gets black b*tch, bodswalla

Sunny who gets sunnymunchkin, munchanoonie

Bella who gets smell bell, blondie, special needs

Charli who gets knuckles, chuckles, chuck chucks

and then there are the 390 dogs i look after at daycare who i end up giving nicknames to and presenting them to their owner as...

Freida Las Vegas

Isn't it interesting that, the more you love your dog, the worse names you call him/her? :laugh:

I must be psycho level obsessed then :D

And yes snow wolf - that's a very normal name for me to call him. My usual getting home routine involves me coming in and calling "oi! fat mutt! where are you horrible dog?" unless he's got his head underneath the gate in which case it's Hi Woof! Whatcha doing horrible dog?"

Well, solo (brown dog) usually gets "Little sh*t" from me :)

Thats usually in the context of: "Come here you little sh*t!!!" :D

Wikki gets 'Pig' - just because she is a rude, ignorant little pig. She doesn't really care what any person or dog says, she is just going to keep on doing what she pleases. (Unless I actually ask her to work, then she is the angel child.)

CK (Calvin Klein) gets 'Poof'. He is far too concerned with what he looks like and gets upset at the smallest thing.

Xena gets 'Wirly dog'. As in Girly Wirly.

:champagne:

I was getting my GSD down from the back of the car when the builders where at our place and as always said affectionately "Down you get Bozo" and the guy with a look of absolutely horror said "Ohh you didn't really call that beautiful dog Bozo?" :) Nahh his name's Locky but he comes to Bozo too :D

They respond to all of them but

Dixie the - rotund Kelpie gets Oh Rotund one!, Barge Arse, Princess Bat Features, Lard Arse, love chops and sung to ... would you believe! she glares at all of them! :)

Croftie the Border X gets STEPHEN!!, Dickie Dock, Baby Boy ... and sung to -he answers to all of them and is very clever :D

Tua the Lab gets - OI! Lights Out!, Hoot hoot, Dumbo ... and sung to - she blinks and looks confussed regardless of the name - but we love her! ;) :laugh:

Lara the Lab gets - Lara Lara tomboy girl, Lara puppy and sung to - she answers to all of them :)

Mia the Lab gets - Mia May, Mumma Mia, stop that! and sung to :rofl:

Heeni Te Anna the 5 month old Lab gets Heeni & Scrappy doo and sung to - of course! :):(

My husband sings to all the dogs and they go nuts over him - go figure :o

Edited by Tapua

Elvis gets duffus and I sing "folks are dumb where I come from, I come from Woollongong"

Barbarella gets Mrs Barbarella or my pretty pretty

Gracie gets Missy Gracie

Twot gets Twotty, or Lady twot Twot. She has an internet name which is Maddie, for people that can't bring themselves to calling her twot. BTW she was sexed as a boy when she was born