Pet Expo

kirst_goldens

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't have entered if it was 4 champ shows - the grounds are so bad I fractured my foot last year, the rings are way too small, there is no space to set up and in general it is just not fun. Caulfield won't be getting my entries ever again and I know I am not the only one.

I wouldn't have entered if it was 4 champ shows - the grounds are so bad I fractured my foot last year, the rings are way too small, there is no space to set up and in general it is just not fun. Caulfield won't be getting my entries ever again and I know I am not the only one.

same here ... even the Ch shows were a "flop" entry wise .... like many others I wouldn't go to Caulfield again either.

same here ... even the Ch shows were a "flop" entry wise .... like many others I wouldn't go to Caulfield again either.

Not surprised, it's too small a ground for a champ show. Add in the public wandering through your stuff and ground condition, it's a fairly crappy day out IMO.

Shame it wasn't a Champ Show in the Morning and an Open Show in the arvo for the weekend, I would have def gone it that was the case..... Now i will enjoy a nice weekend at home...... good Luck everyone

Same here - there's no way I'd do a 5hr round trip for an Open Show, however, in saying that if there was an Open Show say at Seymour, Wang or Benalla I'd be happy to go along and support it.

with these shows people are forgetting its about the public, thats what Im there for, oh and I get to play with my babies in the first outing for them! :)

I don't think people forget that, but it's a bit rude for the public to think it's their right to walk through your set up area or to randomly grab at your dog while you are obviously waiting to go in the ring......I will go for a breed stand and educate about my breed that way but won't be showing there again.

Well I'll admit i entered because its only around the corner from me. Having said that, i very much doubt there is a Siberian stand at the show, so we are bringing a few extra sibes for the public to see and pat when we are there on the Sunday.

cant believe the entry numbers, 37 in gundogs- only 1 between my friends champ bitch springer and my head doofus (GSP). but 8 between my champ dog GSP and junior bitch- big GSP entry Im guessing- probably over half the group. Im glad- because being the daughter of a judge who has gone through the "trying to get the numbers up" game- I feel its very important for aspiring judges to get their hands on as many individuals of a breed- in a show setting- and sort out what style they like. Gives the exhibitors who are new at it a good go, no pressure for points and again- in a show setting- they can learn the ropes.

Expo's and ag shows are important in this day and age- to let people know that a malt x shihtzu or a cockerpoo are indeed not purebred and there are more carefully bred dogs with dedicated breeders out there. Yes- their in ya face/space attitude can get tiring- but- when it boils down to it- we are there to promote responsible dog ownership and educate them on why we feel our own individual breeds are best :)

i agree - for us its a fun day out, and i dont mind running in tiny circles in the mud.. if it was for points i would expect more but hey its a fun day for no points so i dont take it to seriously... i like to get out and talk to the public - especially when on sunday i will have a leonberger with me and i love to get her out and educate on the leos :thumbsup: we dont have a breed stand so will do loads of wandering around and gasbagging LOL

The public can suck at times but oh well just be polite and ask them to move out of ur gazebo or whatever it is they are doing that is upsetting u or ur dogs, if we dont educate them they will never know... but again i know it can be hard and i understand that most cant be bothered or choose not to.

Can some one please post how many are in each grp? Esp grp 7. :thumbsup:

We can't go as I have other plans, otherwise we would have a stall up to show off our wonderful breed.

We need to educate the public about pure breeds and we also need to educate trainee judges so I am for more Open shows.

BB

also dont forget is open shows are what is training your new judges :laugh: Please try to support them if not at expo as we need more open shows so we can go over enough dogs to do the exam :D And a big thank you from trainees to those who are game to come this year and bring your dogs :rofl:

I think there will be a few pointer's entered too Edpra. I have my 2 champion bitches entered and I know the other pointer people too are bringing their dogs along so there should be a reasonable number. You know what that means????? Higher chance for a pointer breed to be getting a big rinnon!!!! :rainbowbridge: