Goat Meat Supplier - Melbourne Region

Dxenion

Does anyone know where to get pet meat/ mince (goat) for around $2.50 per kg as well as goat bones in the Nowra region or Sydney. Don't want to pay resturaunt quality prices for it as we will be buying 100 kgs of mince and approx 6 frames per order.

Apologies if this is a repeat thread, a quick search couldn't find another that specifically mentions goat.

Edited to add that we will even consider travelling to Canberra for it if the price is right.

Edited by Dxenion

I think you'll have a hard time trying to get it for that price, unfortunately. I tried sourcing it a while ago and didn't end up going through with it because it was so expensive.

I can't even get lamb or beef for that price from an pet meat supplier

You could try Alternate Pet Food in Bomaderry. I don't think he has goat, but may be able to get it. His name is Mike and no is 4423 0412

Thanks for the information. I've contacted Mike and although he doesn't currently stock it, he will try and source some and let me know. I'll post the information here.

Wht dont you ring around a few Goat dairys or Boer goat studs and tell them you would be interested in buying kids from them....a lot of Dairys or large studs knock buck kids on the head cos they dont have an outlet for them....if you gave them a reason to keep them alive you would have a good supply. Just a thought. :shhh:

Wht dont you ring around a few Goat dairys or Boer goat studs and tell them you would be interested in buying kids from them....a lot of Dairys or large studs knock buck kids on the head cos they dont have an outlet for them....if you gave them a reason to keep them alive you would have a good supply. Just a thought. :)

Another great idea! Will follow it up and post results here for that too. Thanks.

• 11 months later...

I was buying mine through a butcher in Granville. Halal butchers all sell goat meat. There are also several in Seven Hills and Pendle Hill that sell it I believe.

I was paying $8/kilo though for diced meat but if you were buying bulk, they may do you a better deal??

We are now looking for a goat meat supplier in the Melbourne area for around $3.50 - $4 per kilo. Happy to travel anywhere within a couple of hours of Melbourne or on the Mornington Peninsula.

If you have any success in finding a supplier I would be very keen for you to share this information. :crossfingers: ;)

Why not contact local breeders and ask if they were culling any older dairy goats. I was lucky to source one of these a short while ago.

As with kids make sure that they have NOT been on any medications recently or that they were not killed by euthanasia injection. Though I am sure you would ask this anyway.