Pitbulls To Get Bad Name Again

jazzie

I support the keeping of pets which guard, I am against BSL, and I blame some of the humans involved in this incident for the destruction of the dog, all of which is perfectly reconcilable with "deed not breed".

A few people have implied that the person who gets bitten should not be apportioned any blame, I don't agree. I understand that there is a taboo about blaming victims or perceived victims, but that does not mean that in any given case the injured could have played no role in facilitating their injury. In this particular case, based on the information at hand, I attribute some of the blame to the police officer who was bitten, and the rest to the dog owners, for reasons stated.

I totally agree.

Seconded.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which is exactly what his Superior should make undeniably clear to him when he gets out of hospital.

We expect, and deserve, competent Law Enforcement not Keystone Cops

Good point. Next time he tries to open a front gate to answer a DV complaint he should already have his glock out.

rock out with his glock out.....

sorry couldn't resist :heart:

I sincerely hope that anyone who is attempting to proportion blame for this one anywhere but squarely at this dog and it's owner never has need for any emergency services assistance. No police, ambulance or firies should ever have to deal with this.

Any dog that launches an attack directly at a human's face goes well beyond the boundaries of defending property, and as such, this one's owners were charged accordingly. I hope their sentence includes a prohibition order on dog ownership.

There should be ifs or buts, dog owners defending this sort of outrageous dog behaviour in our society give fuel to anti-dog movements.

Perhaps all Policeman, and everyone else, should have the same common sense.

How about you start displaying some common sense in your posts? Your lack of ability to see reason and poor moral judgement is more of a concern than anything I have read in this thread regarding the police officers involved in the incident. One would hope someone in your position would be able to display these qualities in your posts instead of the drivel in which you regularly post.

It concerns me enough that you are a member of the community with the level of sensationalism and lack of education in your posts, the fact that you are a teacher is extremely concerning and one has to wonder about your ability to be an appropriate role model for the children under your care.

I have enough common sense not to get bitten, and doubt very much that I ever would.

As to the rest of your post, it does not grant you authority or expertise to single out one poster from another when others express the same view to which you seem to so selectively object.

You might take a pseudo-authoritative stance and try to perpetuate your obvious kyriarchal philosophy on some uneducated dupes but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time.

Your last ad hominem criticism doesn't concern me as much as your feigned offense to the opposed point of view in this thread. It only shows the weakness in your arguement.

A policeman is just a regular Joe in a uniform. I respect the uniform but not every idiot that puts one on.

A policeman is just a regular Joe in a uniform

Yes, you are right. I will make a phone call tonight and have the Crimes Act 1900 deleted as according to some nut job on a dog forum police officers hold no authority and are deemed normal citizens.

I am off to work now, try not to overdose overnight on what ever substance you are taking that fills your mind with these delusional thoughts.

I sincerely hope that anyone who is attempting to proportion blame for this one anywhere but squarely at this dog and it's owner never has need for any emergency services assistance. No police, ambulance or firies should ever have to deal with this.

Any dog that launches an attack directly at a human's face goes well beyond the boundaries of defending property, and as such, this one's owners were charged accordingly. I hope their sentence includes a prohibition order on dog ownership.

There should be ifs or buts, dog owners defending this sort of outrageous dog behaviour in our society give fuel to anti-dog movements.

This. Exactly.

Perhaps all Policeman, and everyone else, should have the same common sense.

How about you start displaying some common sense in your posts? Your lack of ability to see reason and poor moral judgement is more of a concern than anything I have read in this thread regarding the police officers involved in the incident. One would hope someone in your position would be able to display these qualities in your posts instead of the drivel in which you regularly post.

It concerns me enough that you are a member of the community with the level of sensationalism and lack of education in your posts, the fact that you are a teacher is extremely concerning and one has to wonder about your ability to be an appropriate role model for the children under your care.

I have enough common sense not to get bitten, and doubt very much that I ever would.

As to the rest of your post, it does not grant you authority or expertise to single out one poster from another when others express the same view to which you seem to so selectively object.

You might take a pseudo-authoritative stance and try to perpetuate your obvious kyriarchal philosophy on some uneducated dupes but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time.

Your last ad hominem criticism doesn't concern me as much as your feigned offense to the opposed point of view in this thread. It only shows the weakness in your arguement.

A policeman is just a regular Joe in a uniform. I respect the uniform but not every idiot that puts one on.

Yes, you are right. I will make a phone call tonight and have the Crimes Act 1900 deleted as according to some nut job on a dog forum police officers hold no authority and are deemed normal citizens.

I am off to work now, try not to overdose overnight on what ever substance you are taking that fills your mind with these delusional thoughts.

Now who's talking drivel?

Given the motivation behind your initial post, my first response was mild.

And what you do with your 'Bat Phone' is of no concern to me.

As you know, it is the uniform that holds the authority.

A policeman might stand behind their badge but, irrespective of how many times they put it on, or what rank it represents, they can never become the badge.

It obviously didn't give this police officer the nous to recognise a dangerous situation.

I just hope his ilk are never despatched to an area where people I care about need assistance.

But alas. Policeman are only human, and dogs are ... well dogs.

That's the issue really. Nothing personal and no agenda.

God forbid people advocating for a dog on a dog forum. Beggars belief. :)

Edited by Tralee

God forbid people advocating for a dog on a dog forum. Beggars belief. :)

Given that you know no more about the actions or motivation of the dog than those of the police officer involved, one wonders why you felt compelled to chose a side at all. :o

These things are rarely black and white. Yet you delivered verdict on the IQ of the police officer, of NSW police officers generally and of the adequacy of NSW police response procedures and police training.

When advocating, it pays to be in possession of more than a large chip on one's shoulder where law enforcement is concerned.

"All cops suck" is an attitude understandable in an adolescent but not in someone supposedly more mature.

A dog that sends someone to hospital for facial surgery when he goes to open a gate is one I'd be reluctant to advocate for on a dog or any other forum.

Edited by poodlefan

one wonders why you felt compelled to chose a side at all. :)

Errh! It's a forum.

An open discussion on subjects of public interest.

That's what you do. You take a position.

The absence of lively debate would make it a dictatorship.

You shouldn't let you prejudices colour your responses or let yourself get rankled by arguments that weaken your own position.

one wonders why you felt compelled to chose a side at all. :)

Errh! It's a forum.

An open discussion on subjects of public interest.

That's what you do. You take a position.

The absence of lively debate would make it a dictatorship.

You shouldn't let you prejudices colour your responses or let yourself get rankled by arguments that weaken your own position.

You should follow your own advice.

Edited by poodlefan

"All cops suck" is an attitude understandable in an adolescent but not in someone supposedly more mature.

Your words not mine.

This is one policeman, but I admit he is no Robinson Crusoe.

That doesn't mean I think the majority of Police are 'plods'.

And you have no right making such an insinuation.

Which is all I can see in most of these threads.

Insinuation and innuendo.

And the adolescents you besmirch may not be as sophisticated as some adults, but either do they share their corruption.

Edited by Tralee

Your words not mine.

This is one policeman, but I admit he is no Robinson Crusoe.

That doesn't mean I think the majority of Police are 'plods'.

And you have no right making such an insinuation.

Which is all I can see in most of these threads.

Insinuation and innuendo.

And the adolescents you besmirch may not be as sophisticated as some adults, but either do they share their corruption.

Trust me, I had no intention of besmirching any adolescent. Half arsed opinions based on limited experience and bugger all facts are their right.

But now I have no right to make such an insinuation? :o

I thought this was a forum for 'lively debate". Now you want to tell me what I may or may not post? Within forum rules I may post any damn thing I like. The only person with the right to dictate what I may or may not post is Troy. :)

However, if you don't think the majority of police are 'plods' then why so many posts denigrating them? These are your words, not mine.

We expect, and deserve, competent Law Enforcement not Keystone Cops
But he was "weally, weally bwave."
I bet Mr Invincible thought his Super Hero cape would be enough.
Who is stupid enough to put their face in a dogs mouth?

Beggars belief.

Constable Plod and Detective No Clue again.

It obviously didn't give this police officer the nous to recognise a dangerous situation.

I just hope his ilk are never despatched to an area where people I care about need assistance.

Yep, posts dripping with respect for police. Riiiight.

Edited by poodlefan

Well some of us dupes who agree with Jeff actually have more education than you so there goes that theory huh PW. You might think that the posters here are a bunch of pink velour wearing shut ins, but you'd be surprised at how many PhDs are here and how many think you are wrong on just about everything that comes from your fingers. So next time you are tut tutting at us, the great unwashed mass remember that some of us are way ahead of you in tertiary education :)

Well some of us dupes who agree with Jeff actually have more education than you so there goes that theory huh PW. You might think that the posters here are a bunch of pink velour wearing shut ins, but you'd be surprised at how many PhDs are here and how many think you are wrong on just about everything that comes from your fingers. So next time you are tut tutting at us, the great unwashed mass remember that some of us are way ahead of you in tertiary education :o

I only have two Honours degrees.

I are unedumacated. :)

:)

It was exactly this type of behaviour, by both dogs & their apologists that started the B.S.L rolling in the first place.

It appears we haven't progressed very far have we?

Well, some haven't & that's disappointing.

Edited by wiseguy

you'd be surprised at how many PhDs are here.

So next time you are tut tutting at us, the great unwashed mass remember that some of us are way ahead of you in tertiary education :o

Oh yes. jdavis has a PhD.

You told us so six years ago.

And you might like to change; "some of us are way ahead of you in tertiary education" to "some of us were way ahead of you in tertiary education," although I can't see how it matters other than you think it's all about rankling feathers.

I really don't know any other PhD's who'd bother. :)

Well some of us dupes who agree with Jeff actually have more education than you so there goes that theory huh PW. You might think that the posters here are a bunch of pink velour wearing shut ins, but you'd be surprised at how many PhDs are here and how many think you are wrong on just about everything that comes from your fingers. So next time you are tut tutting at us, the great unwashed mass remember that some of us are way ahead of you in tertiary education ;)

I are unedumacated. :o

We can no longer be friends, one simply cannot associate with an uneducated dupe, oh the huge manatee :)

I are unedumacated. :)

And that might mean something if you were 22, which is about the entry age into honours.

And yet, only two? Not one in each of three disciplines, and no Masters?

With all this smarts you'd think people would be able to get others to be more careful around dogs.

Hey, I know!

Why don't we have a dog awareness campaign starting in primary schools?

Oh that's right! They already do.

Why? Because, case in point, some people just aren't dog savvy.

They still manage to get bitten, and that's the issue.

Kudos to the press for putting it out there and keeping it in high profile.

you'd be surprised at how many PhDs are here.

So next time you are tut tutting at us, the great unwashed mass remember that some of us are way ahead of you in tertiary education ;)

Oh yes. jdavis has a PhD.

You told us so six years ago.

And you might like to change; "some of us are way ahead of you in tertiary education" to "some of us were way ahead of you in tertiary education," although I can't see how it matters other than you think it's all about rankling feathers.

I really don't know any other PhD's who'd bother. :)

Actually, I did not say I had a PhD 6 years ago, I was starting it then so why would I claim to have completed it 6 years ago, your memory playing up again :o So, didn't you recently post that you were beginning a Masters, not completed a PhD?

While it is common to talk of such things, I think you need taking down a notch or ten because your posts reek of your own desperate need to outsmart the poor "uneducated dupes". The more you lose an argument the bigger the words become and then you start on the insinuation that we are all just easily impressionable simpletons because we don't agree with your stance.

Fact is, police can go where they like if there is a belief that a crime is in commission and in fact one state doesn't even require their police have a warrant to search in some circumstances. You are wrong, it's pretty simple. The police have a right to enter a property even if some numpty has an ACCESS DENIED sign up. You are also wrong that the victim of this dog attack was the cause, he wasn't even in the yard and he got attacked. Imagine if some heinous crime such as making a crap you tube video was occurring and they had to get in fast before it caused an Apocalypse, they'd have to shoot the dog and I don't blame them!