Best Puppy Toy Ever!

bedazzledx2

I have a toy box full of dog toys but the one that my 14 week old loves the best is an empty 1.5 lt plastic water bottle crushed and salted with a handfull of dog bickies :confused: Leave the lid off and its like a rattle which releases a few bickies the more it is played with. Cost nothing!!!

Guest english.ivy

I gave my Pointer a pup one of those to play with and he ate half of it :confused: Only ever did it once as I worried he'd get it stuck in his guts and we'd be rushing to the vets. But he passed it all OK but I get it hurt.

Empty toilet rolls are the best enjoyed toy here!

You are all much more inventive than me, we just had a washing line, socks and the corner of the sofa that could be reached from the crate. I am pretty sure Hugo has some sort of dog version of ADHD, nothing else holds attention for more than 5 minutes at a time (OK 15 minutes for a really attractive marrow bone). Thank heavens he seems to finally be learning to engage his brain and the washing at least is safe these days!

How old is Hugo now? Nothing is safe here!!!!

You are all much more inventive than me, we just had a washing line, socks and the corner of the sofa that could be reached from the crate. I am pretty sure Hugo has some sort of dog version of ADHD, nothing else holds attention for more than 5 minutes at a time (OK 15 minutes for a really attractive marrow bone). Thank heavens he seems to finally be learning to engage his brain and the washing at least is safe these days!

Can also use empty 2 ltr cordial bottles in the same way, but when using these bottles make sure you take off the plastic ring 1st. Replace before they become too damaged. Empty cardboard boxes, the roll inside the plastic wrap/foil in which you can put kibble & squash the ends or fold them over.

Edited by luvsdogs

We bought our latest furkid an assortment of puppy toys in all different shapes, sizes and textures. Which one is his favourite? None, however this is a

showing him playing with his new favourite toy.

Each one keeps him amused for over 15 minutes and frozen ones get extra attention - go figure!

Now thats gotta be good value for money!!! :rofl: Love the ears!!! :D

We bought our latest furkid an assortment of puppy toys in all different shapes, sizes and textures. Which one is his favourite? None, however this is a

Each one keeps him amused for over 15 minutes and frozen ones get extra attention - go figure!

That is a great video. I love the way the older dog is just looking at him in amazement.

I have a toy box full of dog toys but the one that my 14 week old loves the best is an empty 1.5 lt plastic water bottle crushed and salted with a handfull of dog bickies :( Leave the lid off and its like a rattle which releases a few bickies the more it is played with. Cost nothing!!!

Yep.. we do that too :rofl: The V loves his bottles so much he goes as far to swipe empty bottles from the recycling :D

Oh and their fave tug toy of the week.. the inner cardboard tube from a roll of garbage bags.. Perfectly suited to whopping each other on the head. No sooner had it dropped off the bench, the dogs had swooped :D

Edited by Bundy's Mum

I have a toy box full of dog toys but the one that my 14 week old loves the best is an empty 1.5 lt plastic water bottle crushed and salted with a handfull of dog bickies :D Leave the lid off and its like a rattle which releases a few bickies the more it is played with. Cost nothing!!!

Mine say - milk bottles are great too - especially the ones that have the little handle - and it's all even better if you live in a house with slate floors - great noise makers. And you can toss them up in the air and catch them. :rofl: But as has been said - keep an eye, and replace when they get brittle.

But 2+ year old Rory says - it's also nice to have lots of soft and rubber toys that you can keep in a 'stash' on the family room sofa - and you can always add the draught-stopper door sausage dog as you go past in the morning. :D

:mad an obedience dog in the making!!! :mad
My puppy has no aversion to metal, and has enjoyed carrying around a mini-spanner, a screwdriver, and beer bottle tops!

I know, right!! I've encouraged her to pick up metal stuff - like my keys, etc (which she would pick up by the metal, not the plastic key ring).

I probably won't trial her, and may not even keep her, but I want to keep the behaviour!