Rat Poison (talon) And Dog Safety - Your Advice Please

I think the rat zapper is the way to go. We have a huge problem on the dairy farm and I would need heaps of zappers, dont think the boss would pay for that, I refuse to bait so we just live with very large healthy rats. They have an endless supply of cow pellets. :hug:

This was in the march farmer direct www.oakent.com.au electronic rat killer.A friend of mine has a ratzapper and she swears by it.It zapped 15 mice the first time she baited it up.

I wouldn't mind giving this a go...think I might order one

I think the rat zapper is the way to go. We have a huge problem on the dairy farm and I would need heaps of zappers, dont think the boss would pay for that, I refuse to bait so we just live with very large healthy rats. They have an endless supply of cow pellets. :rofl:

That is pretty disgusting.

Racumin should be used with the same precautions as Ratsak. Racumin's active ingredient is COUMATETRALYL, which is similar to Warfarin and acts in the same way.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coumatetralyl

Certainly not safe for pets, and exposure - whether to the bait or the dead rodents - should be treated very seriously, vet services sought and a course of Vitamin K undertaken.

Encourage a python to move in :cheer: I have one (well several but only one that is big enough to warrant talking about) that freaks me out every now and then when it enters buildings it's not welcome in. :thumbsup:

That should take care of the neighbours chickens too :)

:) and any eggs.

Seriously though, take no risks with this product, "secondary kill" is well known and deadly.

• 1 month later...
This was in the march farmer direct www.oakent.com.au electronic rat killer.A friend of mine has a ratzapper and she swears by it.It zapped 15 mice the first time she baited it up.

I have one and it's CRAP !

It goes off and the food is gone - no dead rats or mice.

I have done everything the guy who sells them tells me to do, and yet it still doesn't kill them.

I have one and it's CRAP !

It goes off and the food is gone - no dead rats or mice.

I have done everything the guy who sells them tells me to do, and yet it still doesn't kill them.

I bought a couple & think they are great. 4 mice & one rat in the first week :) Maybe there is something wrong with yours.