Pet Insurance

deltoid

I'm looking into pet insurance at the moment.

So far Medibank Private's Silver Paw plan seems pretty good for the price. Appears to cover all accidents and sickness and doesn't cost too much.

Anybody had experience with them? Any other recommendations?

I'm looking into pet insurance at the moment.

So far Medibank Private's Silver Paw plan seems pretty good for the price. Appears to cover all accidents and sickness and doesn't cost too much.

Anybody had experience with them? Any other recommendations?

We have this for Charlie. Very happy. Just remember to send through a claim form each tine regardless, whether you can claim or not, to get you up to the excess level.

Pretty quick in paying too, they say it's meant to be ten working days, we get our claims normally within 5.

We are with Medibank and so far have found them to be great.

We havent had to make an illness or accident claim (and hopefully dont have to for a long long time) but we have claimed

routine care (microchipping and vaccinations) under our gold plan without an issue.

I'm on medibank gold excellent for my little dobie.. Tail surgery was covered 100 excess and her 12 week vaccs and with 70 towards desexing or worming etc a year its pretty good.. It also covers allergy testing which is mighty expensive and we may have to start that with our girl soon! For 21 a fortnight I don't even notice the amount not in my bank!

We have Petplan Platinum Dog for both our ours we have claimed for a fairly big operation for Issy and they paid promptly and with no hassle. We have had her renewal since and no increase in premium other than the smallish annual increase. The premiums are not the cheapest but we have the option to pay monthly by direct debit. I wouldn't be without the insurance as our one claim has covered the premiums for a year three or four times over.