Japan Earthquake

Daria

This video is in Japanese, but viewers can still see the horrible effect this disaster is having on animals. It shows a dog standing by his injured mate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...p;v=nexofSW4u7Y

Anyone who says that dogs don't experience emotion needs to watch this. Maybe not in the same way that we do, but that dog is confused, afraid and saddened. :hug:

World Vets International Aid for Animals is sending personnel & resources to Japan to help with the animals. I'd imagine, tho', that the numbers of pets & other animals needing help would be enormous.

http://www.facebook.com/WorldVets

ADDED: More here about how Japan's own animal rescue groups are cooperating to save animals. Along with World Vets and another international agency.

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2011/03/ja...o-save-pets.php

Edited by mita

any updates on whether these guys have help would be much appreciated. I cannot watch the video :laugh:

I have no idea what is going on with these poor guys. All I can do is donate some money in hope that somebody like them will get help.

There's a Facebook page for 3 Japanese rescue groups who've combined to help. Info on their Wall about needs they're working on.

And lovely pic of a woman who wouldn't go to an evacuation centre because she couldn't take her dog. She stayed in her rickety house. Said she's grateful pet rescue folk are out helping.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=208...8979&ref=nf

any updates on whether these guys have help would be much appreciated. I cannot watch the video :laugh:

This was a comment on another video of the same dogs, hopefully it is true and I can stop crying.

These 2 dogs have been rescued! Helped by a team of volunteers led by the owner of a pet food company : Kenn Sakurai - the only way they can access the region is on dirt bikes w/ cages strapped on the back. It took them 2-hrs to ride them to the nearest shelter in Mito, Ibaraki-ken. The white one still at the vet & his defender is waiting at the shelter.

Oh goodness, how heart wrenching.

Totally agree that anyone who doesn't believe dogs 'feel' things should watch this video... it is truly touching. When he puts his arm 'around' the white dog, well that is the true example of actions speaking louder than words.

That kind of loyalty and friendship should teach us humans something.

I hope the comment is true. I think it would have been awful to have taken footage of these guys and then just abandoned them...

This was a comment on another video of the same dogs, hopefully it is true and I can stop crying.

These 2 dogs have been rescued! Helped by a team of volunteers led by the owner of a pet food company : Kenn Sakurai - the only way they can access the region is on dirt bikes w/ cages strapped on the back. It took them 2-hrs to ride them to the nearest shelter in Mito, Ibaraki-ken. The white one still at the vet & his defender is waiting at the shelter.

Thankyou, I hope so too!

any updates on whether these guys have help would be much appreciated. I cannot watch the video :D

Thankyou, I hope so too!

Same.

I am sitting here in tears. :laugh: :D That story just broke my heart when I saw it on the tele.

PLEASE let it be true - that they are safe. :grouphug:

It looks like a beautiful Brittany and the injured boy was an English Setter. :thumbsup: Poor dogs. :(

Has anyone else noticed how many purebred dogs there are in Japan!

Brittanys use their paws to play and communicate a lot, and when the brittany puts his paw on his friend in the video it says a lot :D

A friend of mine lived in Japan for about 10 years, she has always said dogs are very popular in Japan, people take them out everywhere and the dogs are always friendly and sociable and really lovely