Litters Due May 2011

Bilbo Baggins

Piper get some Fenuegreek powder into Jazz, 1 heaped teaspoon twice a day,mixed with her food.

I couldn't get powder at our local health food store, I could only get tea so I have been making that and giving it to her cooled down since Wednesday night. I just don't know how much to give her. I think she must have enough at the moment and it wouldn' be fully in yet. They are feeding frequently but quiet and sleeping in between. I figure if they were not getting enough they would be complaining about it.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrat on your 9! :thumbsup:

Our girl had 9 and it did take a couple of days for her milk to come in - but not a problem from there on. I actually bought milk powder and ended up supplementing 3 girls once in the first night, 1 of the boys the second day and that was it! :D

Congrat on your 9! :thumbsup:

Our girl had 9 and it did take a couple of days for her milk to come in - but not a problem from there on. I actually bought milk powder and ended up supplementing 3 girls once in the first night, 1 of the boys the second day and that was it! :D

I just gave some of them a quick weigh and they have all gained between 20 and 40g so I am not too worried. Ans the 1s I didn't weigh are the 1s that seem to have a permanent attachment to the milk bar.

Well just had a Sunday morning vet trip to prevent full blown mastitis. Jazz became very unsettled over night then this morning I checked her temp and it was 39.5 and I could feel a small not quite pea size lump in 1 breast. Man Sunday call outs are not cheap!! But still it could have been a lot worse and we got it early so puppies can still feed off of it.

Well just had a Sunday morning vet trip to prevent full blown mastitis. Jazz became very unsettled over night then this morning I checked her temp and it was 39.5 and I could feel a small not quite pea size lump in 1 breast. Man Sunday call outs are not cheap!! But still it could have been a lot worse and we got it early so puppies can still feed off of it.

Got any green cabbage leaves? Very lightly warm them and put/hold them on the teat with mastitis - will work... :D

Keep expressing the ones with the lumps.

The vet said at this stage the pups can still drink from it so I am sticking the 2 big boofas back there so that it gets well drained. I have just tried a cabbage leaf compress but how the heck do you keep it on and how long for?

Keep expressing the ones with the lumps.

The vet said at this stage the pups can still drink from it so I am sticking the 2 big boofas back there so that it gets well drained. I have just tried a cabbage leaf compress but how the heck do you keep it on and how long for?

Just keep massaging the lumps until they are all gone and make sure all the teats are being used equally. At this stage, massage works better than anything. Keep getting Jazz to lie on alternate sides so all the teats get emptied.

oohh ouchy piper- hope the boobies are feeling better soon!!! :eek:

Unfortuntely significantly worse tonight. I really don't know what to do - I am getting them to drink off of it. I have sat there with cabbagae leaves on it, we started antibiotics before it was a huge problem :( It is now very firm and hot to touch and she is not keen at on me handling it. I am struggling to express it - I don't know if that is lack of technique from me (highly likely) or the fact they are draining it and I jst can't get any more out?

Skyehaven - good luck with Lava. She really looks to have dropped in those photos.

Good news - the mastitis lump has nearly gone. This morning it was half the size of yesterday and this afternoon it is reduced by nearly half again. Woo hoo!! Puppies are all still feeding and gaining well. Hope everyone elses's babies are going well.