Hip Scoring

Wags

I know it's been very well discussed, but does anyone know whether Wyburn is back in action. I have three scorings due to be done and although my vet has two scorers on board, I would prefer to use Wyburn if possible. She has not been advised that he is ill and has continued to send xrays to him.

Hey Wags - I have not heard if he is back at work yet, or more on the severity of his illness. My understanding is that aside from Lavelle you can have them done by Dr Graeme Allan and Dr Robert Nicoll in SA, or by the AVA panel.

Edited by lappiemum

• 2 weeks later...

I used Lavelle for the first time for two of mine due to Wyburn being ill. I was very happy with everything, especially the speed which I received the paperwork back.

My vet did not know Wyburn was out of action either, and did not believe that DOL was the source of the info. :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...

I sent my dogs x-rays to Lavelle for the first time last Tuesday night. The results were emailed to me by lunchtime the next day :) and the hard copies in the mail. That is unbelievably prompt service, and I was really impressed.

I for one will be happy to use Lavelle in the future. :)

I sent my dogs x-rays to Lavelle for the first time last Tuesday night. The results were emailed to me by lunchtime the next day :D and the hard copies in the mail. That is unbelievably prompt service, and I was really impressed.

How good is that!

I did something very stupid and sent mine off to the AVA as per my vets recommendation, they went to Canberra only to be sent back to NSW for some anonymous scorer to score them (i only know this because i rang to see what was happening), it took a bit over 6 weeks, in the end i rang them twice to finally get my results over the phone because apparently they wont send my results or my xrays back to me .... grrr

I sent my dogs x-rays to Lavelle for the first time last Tuesday night. The results were emailed to me by lunchtime the next day :mad and the hard copies in the mail. That is unbelievably prompt service, and I was really impressed.

I for one will be happy to use Lavelle in the future. ;)

How good is that!

I did something very stupid and sent mine off to the AVA as per my vets recommendation, they went to Canberra only to be sent back to NSW for some anonymous scorer to score them (i only know this because i rang to see what was happening), it took a bit over 6 weeks, in the end i rang them twice to finally get my results over the phone because apparently they wont send my results or my xrays back to me .... grrr

What... :) why won't the send your xrays back???? That is very strange, at least they should send them back to your Vet?

:)

Thank you Erin for letting us know that Wyburn will no longer be reading.

Rakaaz, that is excellent turn around. :)

Edited by Stolzseinrotts

I sent my dogs x-rays to Lavelle for the first time last Tuesday night. The results were emailed to me by lunchtime the next day :) and the hard copies in the mail. That is unbelievably prompt service, and I was really impressed.

How good is that!

What... :mad why won't the send your xrays back???? That is very strange, at least they should send them back to your Vet?

Yes they will be sending them back to my vet whom will have to then send them onto me as i don't live close to this vet, i requested they send them to me but it's not their protocol.

For those living in Perth, Murdoch is reading them as well and a friend who put hers in on Tuesday had the results by Thursday. Hips and elbows $105.

Do you know who is reading them at Murdoch? It would be convenient to have then done in Perth rather than sending them interstate. I had some done almost the day Dr Wyburn became ill. :confused:

BTW thank you to Dr Wyburn for his generosity with advice for an article on HD and many years of great service to the dog world.

For those living in Perth, Murdoch is reading them as well and a friend who put hers in on Tuesday had the results by Thursday. Hips and elbows $105.

Do you know who is reading them at Murdoch? It would be convenient to have then done in Perth rather than sending them interstate. I had some done almost the day Dr Wyburn became ill. :laugh:

BTW thank you to Dr Wyburn for his generosity with advice for an article on HD and many years of great service to the dog world.

Sorry don't know, she had just posted it on FB the day I read this thread. Contact Diagnostic Imaging Services, Murdoch University Veterinary Hospital, South Street, Murdoch, WA, 6150, Ph 9360 2436, Fax 9360 6509. Apparently fully accredited to do them. Cost - Hips only $105, hips & elbows $105, Elbows only $55 all including GST. Credit only extended to Vet practices, owners must include payment.