I'm A Bit Cheesed Of With The Person Driving The Car

Gamby

Today I noticed a dog who looked as though it was having trouble walking. Then I noticed a car being driven slowly a fair distance away from the dog.

The dog was a collie type dog who was stuggling as though he/she had arthritis and was trying to keep up with the car.

If the dog needed to walk for its health why didn't the handler go walking with the dog?

If the owner/s couldn't walk with dog and the only way the dog could get exercise was following the car is a sad state of affairs.

My thoughts go out to that dog

We had someone who was doing that across the road from our house in an empty estate for a while.

He would pull into the estate and open the door and push the dog out and then drive around slowly, calling the dog.

In the end neighbours reported him and we haven't seen him there since.

If this is the pale greeny/blue Magna that's around the dog club - take some time to watch the elderly gentleman driver attempt to get out of his car one day. If you think the dog is having trouble getting around - the owner is 10 times worse. :)

I used to think the same thing - until I seen him desperately struggling to even get out of his car. That was a good year or so ago - I would hate to think how immobile he is these days. :)

Perhaps offering to walk his dog for free, once or twice a week would be nice :). Or maybe donate him a motorised scooter? And if his mobilisation is as bad as has been suggested, perhaps give the gentleman a :) for at least trying to do the right thing by his dog .... even if it might not be perfect. So many able but lazy people who leave their dogs in the back yard. At least he's trying to make an effort.

..... Sometimes we need to walk a mile in someone else's shoes before we draw conclusions and become judgemental. You might be wrong and you might be right. Would be good to find out what's happening and why first.

Edited by Erny

No sympathy here, it's a stupid, STUPID way to excercise a dog and yes I would report it.

For over 10 years my idiot BIL threw his Lab of the back of the ute and drove off through the bush letting the dog chase after him. He rolled his eyes at me when I refused to do this with my dog because I thought it to be extremely dangerous. Late last year the dog ran between the tires and had to be PTS.

There could be another reason...

I've one stalked a dog on the street to see where it was going. I couldn't park my car to follow it on foot, so I drove slowly behind it till I can.

It end up going into a house and I pulled in, and the owner confirmed it was their dog.

While setting up for a class down at the showgrounds this 4wd stopped a dog jumped out and the car drove around the road that lead into the show grounds with the dog running behind it, when he came close to me he opened the door and let the dog in. this was pretty close to me so I mentioned that he should get out of the car and walk his dog as he had no control over the dog and I was told to F***** off and mind my own business. Next time I see him I'll take down his rego number do you report it to the police or to rspca?