Sending Puppy Packs Interstate

Paptacular!

I probably should have sent my puppy pack interstate days ago, however I still haven't quite finished doing up the info booklet, plus I've been holding out as long as I can to see if the papers arrive in the mail.

The puppy pack includes the info folder, a 1.5kg bag of dry, a can and a toy.

How have other people sent packs interstate?

I will most likely be having to do this too. I have a puppy person on my list that lives in Innisfail Nth QLD, so I will be posting my puppy pack from Vic.

This puppy person is being very reasonable & has offered me extra money for postage & my trouble. I am probably looking at getting one of the packing boxes from Australia Post & sending it either by Registered post or Express post. I see you can buy a packing box for $4.50 that is approx 20cmHx40cmLx30W...I have alot in my puppy pack so I think this might be the right option for me.

My postage will be approx be $26.50 for my destination for regular post up to 8kg...So I will have to ask them what it will be for registered post.

I see they have smaller boxes aswell, so it might be a good thing to have a look in your local Austalia post office & see what is available. :hug:

I will probably try & post my puppy pack atleast a week before flying the puppy up.

Edited by Baileys mum

If you can, use pre-paid satchels - they work out much cheaper then a box.

Includes postage Australia wide

3kg satchel - $10.30

3kg express satchel - $11.70

5kg express satchel - $19.10 - not all post offices have this one.

I sucked it up and paid the postage for a big box. I only was sending two interstate, so it wasn't a big deal in the scheme of things.

The breeder I got my pup from just sent paperwork by mail (A4 envelope) and left me to buy puppy food (advised what I should buy) and then a blanket and toy in the crate with the puppy.

My 2 girls both came from interstate. 1 posted the puppy pack. The other taped it inside 1 of those plastic post satchels to the top of her crate. I didn't get food with either of them, I just discussed with the breeders what to get. To be honest with them coming interstate I never expected to get anything bulky like food, toys or bedding.

I tape mine on top of the airline crate, there has never been a problem with that but they do tell you that they can't guarentee it wont come loose and be lost but they way we tape it it would have to be a heck of a bumpy ride to ever come loose.

The last lot of packs were in a cooler bag pack and had food, treats, info folder, spare blanket and toys all in there, it squashes down well once the tape is applied lol

... I do think my breeder actually taped something to my puppy's crate as she came over, but in the puppy excitement I left it at the airport. :happydance: Perhaps others aren't as puppy absorbed as me!

I post my packs off to the new owners a week or so before I fly their puppy.

This way I can include all the flight details etc in their too. I always phone them with details, but like to know they have the important stuff written down.

I don't include bags of dry food or other heavy/bulky items with interstate puppy packs.

I post my puppy packs 2 weeks before they get the pup. I send info folder, toys and blanket and a couple of smaller sample dry food bags, all by registered post.

I do think my breeder actually taped something to my puppy's crate as she came over, but in the puppy excitement I left it at the airport. Perhaps others aren't as puppy absorbed as me!

I used to do this years ago but had a couple that also left the info behind. Then you have the hassle of them trying to get it back from the cargo companies or having to do stat decs on the paper work thats been lost.

Leanne

I post my puppy packs in boxes. It does work out a bit more expensive, but I like to send everything the new owner will need to get them started, like food, a blanket that has the litters smell on it, toys, collar & lead, bowl and the puppy folder!

Last time I had to post 5, it did cost me quite a bit, but I know how appreciative the new owners were. Also most had children and the kids were so excited to get a parcel in the mail for their new puppy, which would follow in about 2 weeks time.

... I do think my breeder actually taped something to my puppy's crate as she came over, but in the puppy excitement I left it at the airport. :) Perhaps others aren't as puppy absorbed as me!

My crate came home with the puppy, lol.

And like Amstaff said - it was taped down so thoroughly that there was no way it was coming off.

I used Aust Post Pre Paid Satchels ....

3kg Bag for the food and a 1kg bag for the Puppy Information pack which was a folder with clear sheets inside it. My puppy pack was 35 pages, I also included 3 x 10kg worm tablets, dog toys, dog blanket, information provided by Artemis on their food, pen, letter to vet.... this was all in a brown paper bag with handles and tied to the handle was a colour ribbon of the puppy they got.

All kits arrived in tact and on time and new puppy owners were very happy :laugh: