Petition: Harsher Penalties For Animal Cruelty!

Leelaa17

Hi guys,

I have created a petition for harsher penalties towards animal cruelty in NSW (please, even if you aren't in NSW - help us out).

At the moment penalties can be seen at a 6 month jail term or a small fine. For aggravated cruelty to animals it is a 2 year jail sentence and a larger fine.

This isn't acceptable. A lot of the time there are loop holes and it is rare that people will go to jail, if they do - they get out early.

They 'aren't allowed to own a dog' - yet what is stopping them from going to a backyard breeder?

Please help me by signing the petition. I need 10,000 signatures before September 30 and with whatever I have I will be sending it to the Minister for Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry.

And because QLD have just tripled their punishment from 2yrs to 7yrs - I don't think it will take much for NSW to get on board.

We can do this guys.

Please help.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/4/harsher-p...animals-in-nsw/

Hi guys,

I have created a petition for harsher penalties towards animal cruelty in NSW (please, even if you aren't in NSW - help us out).

At the moment penalties can be seen at a 6 month jail term or a small fine. For aggravated cruelty to animals it is a 2 year jail sentence and a larger fine.

This isn't acceptable. A lot of the time there are loop holes and it is rare that people will go to jail, if they do - they get out early.

They 'aren't allowed to own a dog' - yet what is stopping them from going to a backyard breeder?

Please help me by signing the petition. I need 10,000 signatures before September 30 and with whatever I have I will be sending it to the Minister for Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry.

And because QLD have just tripled their punishment from 2yrs to 7yrs - I don't think it will take much for NSW to get on board.

We can do this guys.

Please help.

I tried to sign but it wouldn't accept it because I couldn't fill in my state as they are all USA states and it didn't like my postcode either. How do you get around this?

Hi guys,

We can do this guys.

Please help.

I tried to sign but it wouldn't accept it because I couldn't fill in my state as they are all USA states and it didn't like my postcode either. How do you get around this?

You have to scroll up & change where it says USA to Australia :thumbsup:

you are all amazing - I am taking this extremely seriously.

If anyone would like to write a letter for me to compile with my documentation I would be happy to send it through with other info I have gathered.

I am also finding all the relevant news articles on abuse and what penalties the people have got for them and putting them altogether to send them through with the petition as well.

we're going to do this guys!!

Hi guys,

We can do this guys.

Please help.

You have to scroll up & change where it says USA to Australia :thumbsup:

Thanks. I had done that but somehow it mustn't have worked. Tried again and it worked this time.

Good for you guys for signing it, and I agree with the principle of it. Unfortunately, internet petitions are a complete waste of time and solve nothing.

With rare exceptions of course, like with tens of thousands of signatures and involving the media and people in high places