Does Anybody Else's Dog Wink?

hortfurball

Yep but I didn't know he did.

The ad Dante just did they were going to do the fancy thing on the computer to make him blink, however he managed to do it all by himself at the right time....go figure!

Shae winks but she has an eye condition called iris hypoplasia. Basically she is missing most of the iris in one eye and part of it in the other. It doesn't affect her sight but herceyes can't control light so she squints in the sun which often looks like she's winking.

Um yes.... Zero winks. Usually when there's a lappie pup around... dirty old man.

3395074748_cb11ce5014.jpg

4770881670_6163059ec6.jpg

(photos courtesy of Terranik)

:laugh: ;) ;)

"If I can't see it, it's not really there..."

Cute pics. :heart:

Silentchild

My dog winks at me all the time! :heart: She's always done it, I find it rather endearing.

I also find it really cute.

I wasn't sure what response I would get to this thread - whether all dogs wink or whether I had the only weirdo winking dog but it seems to be something that some do and some don't.

Sometimes they time it SO well!

"Now you be good while I'm out Ella"

*wink*

WOOF WOOF WOOF

"Quiet!"

WOOF

"I said quiet!"

woof

"You always have to have the last word don't you?"

woof *wink*

:rofl:

I keep birds as well and subscribe to Australian Birdkeeper magazine. There was an article in there that described how animals winking is actually a sign they are secure and happy, ht author had noticed one of his birds would deliberately wink at him. He described how he started to wink at his other birds and they would all relax when he did it, like a non verbal 'It's OK". I started doing it with the dogs at home and it had the same efect. I had to do it a couple of times but now they wink back. I have found when they are getting stressed and I say thier name, then wink, they will often give a big sigh and lay down and sleep. Interesting article.

My cat, Cosmo (RIP), used to wink when he was feeling particularly playful. His eyes would get all big and saucer-like, the way cats' do when they're excited, then he'd look at me and give a very deliberate wink. We called it the 'mad cat' look because it always preceded really insane behaviour. :thumbsup:

Emmylou winks at me sometimes when she's in trouble. She drops her head, curls up her lip in a smile and winks at me.