Really Cool Sign!

Leelaa17

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's fricken awesome!! I've also seen one that says something along the lines of 'Is there life after death? Jump the fence and find out' lololol

and I know you can go onto ebay and get all different kinds of signs - from poodles to chihuhuas (is that how you spell lol) and maltese - every kind of dog!!

Well, you're going to think that I'm taking too much interest in your posts seeing as how this is the second thread of yours I've responded in. Having said that, its not too many threads I do get over animated in or over interested in for that matter, but I do want to put forward my point of view on this because its just not "funny" in some cases.

Not in a MILLION years would I put up a sign like the one you mentioned above. Every day of my life, owning the breed that I do, I fight to ensure that any bad perception ANYONE might have of my breed, no matter how small or pissy in anyone elses mind is downplayed.

I won't put leather collars with studs or dress them up to look tough like many who own bull breeds like to do (mine has a pink nylon collar and lead) and I won't do anything, ANYTHING at all that would give anyone a negative impression of the breed.

Having said that, I see the funny side for other breeds (those that are far removed from the possible ramifications of a BSL) - such as a Chihuahua. And oh, yes, I have a Chihuahua too.

Signed,

No signs on my fence

It's fricken awesome!! I've also seen one that says something along the lines of 'Is there life after death? Jump the fence and find out' lololol

and I know you can go onto ebay and get all different kinds of signs - from poodles to chihuhuas (is that how you spell lol) and maltese - every kind of dog!!

Well, you're going to think that I'm taking too much interest in your posts seeing as how this is the second thread of yours I've responded in. Having said that, its not too many threads I do get over animated in or over interested in for that matter, but I do want to put forward my point of view on this because its just not "funny" in some cases.

Not in a MILLION years would I put up a sign like the one you mentioned above. Every day of my life, owning the breed that I do, I fight to ensure that any bad perception ANYONE might have of my breed, no matter how small or pissy in anyone elses mind is downplayed.

I won't put leather collars with studs or dress them up to look tough like many who own bull breeds like to do (mine has a pink nylon collar and lead) and I won't do anything, ANYTHING at all that would give anyone a negative impression of the breed.

Having said that, I see the funny side for other breeds (those that are far removed from the possible ramifications of a BSL) - such as a Chihuahua. And oh, yes, I have a Chihuahua too.

Signed,

No signs on my fence

*cough* kill joy...

In many councils; if you have a warning sign on your fence, and your dog bites someone; you have basically broad casted you are aware of your viscous dog and will not have any leg to stand on if you are taken to court for damages or to have your dog destroyed...

BT is perfectly reasonable in her post and shouldn't be mocked for it.

In many councils; if you have a warning sign on your fence, and your dog bites someone; you have basically broad casted you are aware of your viscous dog and will not have any leg to stand on if you are taken to court for damages or to have your dog destroyed...

In our council i think they say you should have a warning on your fence if you have a dog with any breed? that way if a person comes in its there own fault because they ignored the sign?

In our council i think they say you should have a warning on your fence if you have a dog with any breed? that way if a person comes in its there own fault because they ignored the sign?

Im pretty sure that wouldn't be the case.

Police etc must be able to access you in your property..

Well the person i heard that from must be wrong :laugh:

Signed,

No signs on my fence

Im not taking it as you taking a special interest. You can comment on anything you want :laugh: and that isnt sarcasm

And i perfectly agree with the fact that the sign i mentioned above would be completely unacceptable. I never even considered getting that sign because i didnt want me neighbours or anyone else to get the completely wrong impression.

In saying this. I think the sign i got is in good fun. I dont think ut gives a bad names to gsd... and if i knew my house you'd know that no one would see the sign unless they were standing 3 feet away from it. Someone would have to walk up my side passage a little before seeing the sign.

But this thread was just to see what kind of funny signs people had. I do agree with you about the sign about life after death. I would never in a million years put that on my fence. But it doesnt mean i dont think its funny.

Well the person i heard that from must be wrong :laugh:

Ive actually heard the same thing dogsrawesome. Lol there must be many wrong people out there lol :rofl:

I have a "I can make it to the fence in 2.8 seconds, can you?" sign with a siberian husky on it and I also have a "This area patrolled by siberian husky security company" sign. Both of them have sat in my cupboard for years. I want to put them up when I move.