Found A Dog Tonight

Sutton

Ok, i have spoken to the owner.

He said he would be here in an hour to pick her up,didnt turn up. Got a phone call saying he thinks its best if i could find her a home.

So i said its fine and ill try to find a place for her as shes no trouble here.

He said she was desexed three weeks ago and hes spent lots of money on her,but she is an only dog and keeps getting out.

He didnt say anything about her leg,and dont think anything has been done about it.

So he said whoever takes her he can send out all her vet records as hes had her since a pup,apparently she got out only last week aswell and was on the road with cars beeping at her :rofl:

So shes been fed again,wont let me look at her leg still though.

Iam in lewiston so not that far if you were interested in coming to look at her. Shes also on the sa dog rescue page on facebook, i just put it up there.

He said hes a truck driver and never home anyway,and recently divorced.So molly has gone from a family home to a lonely backyard by herself.

So anyone who can provide a good home feel free to pm me,but shes fine here for now!

ill add a picture when i figure out how

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good on him for making a decision that will hopefully find her a home she is more comfortable in. I do feel sorry for him under the circumstances.

Bella Donna was in the Hawkesbury thread looking for a border collie for her parents, might be worth sending her a message to see if she might be interested

Good luck, I am sure you wont have any problems finding Molly a good home

Yes its easy to jump to conclusions - I did too - and yet know I know the full story I feel sorry for the previous owner and for Molly - but pleased he has done the right thing for his dog. After all she may have injured her leg after running away from him and he may not have known.

Glad she fell into the arms of a DOLer who can now find her a forever home. :(

Hmmmmmmmmm....

How did the dog travel 200kms?

If she was desexed only 3 weeks ago, it should be easy to see the pink scar. Have you looked to confirm?

If she was desexed 3 weeks ago, he obviously is willing to pay out money for his dog.

If she was desexed 3 weeks ago, it could be assumed the leg was also noticed and looked at... although you did say there was a wound...... was the wound fresh? Odd that he says it has 'been like that for a while' if there is a wound because that would make me think a Vet would definitely notice the wound.

Sorry, the whole story seems bizarre and doesn't make much sense... and you know what Judge Judy says about things that don't make sense...

Am I not reading things properly here or am I missing some vital clue? Maybe I am tired... or suffering from an overdose of chocolate.

Whatever the circumstances, I think the dog has been lucky to be found by someone who will look after her. I can (sort of) understand that her owner's change in circumstances might mean that he can no longer keep her (I myself would have to be in dire, DIRE straights before I would consider not keeping one of my dogs) and appreciate that he has admitted it. rather than just dumping her. Thanks so much lucious for your efforts. :(

Whatever the circumstances, I think the dog has been lucky to be found by someone who will look after her. I can (sort of) understand that her owner's change in circumstances might mean that he can no longer keep her (I myself would have to be in dire, DIRE straights before I would consider not keeping one of my dogs) and appreciate that he has admitted it. rather than just dumping her. Thanks so much lucious for your efforts. :(

+1

I would take to the vet as she's under your care, if the doesn't like it tell him it was your legal obligation.

Or I would surrender her to the rspca so that they could give her the immediate care she needs/

Pain meds, possibly antibiotics etc.

(Just putting a note here to say I haven't read the whole thread before this reply, so sorry if I'm repeating stuff).

Good luck with handing her over, or whatever you do.

He said hes a truck driver and never home anyway,and recently divorced.So molly has gone from a family home to a lonely backyard by herself.

Oh that's sad all around.

She is so lucky you found her, and that the owner realises he can't care for her well enough to keep her.

Just wondering about his x wife, and possibly kids.

Would she be able to give Molly a home, and importantly, I hope she's not going to come looking for the dog (after its gone to a new home).

Just a thought...'nother piece of the puzzle.

Edited by gidg

I found her approx ten minute drive from my house on the way home.

Called the national pet register who gave me his number, called him.

He said he was 200kms away picking up his daughter,but he lives 10 minutes from me.

Not knowing the dog i wasnt brave enough to look at her belly,and she wouldnt let me touch her leg.

but theres no shaved areas and shes quite hairy and skinny.

He also said he hadnt been home in two days and didnt know she was out.

He did know about her leg,said he didnt know what it was from and it had been like that for a while.

I have only spoken to him over the phone,and not a lot because i have hardly any service here as i live semi rural.

Shes come from the animal welfare league as she had a tag on,which i thought they desexed before rehoming anyway?

He said hes had her from a pup and has spent $600 on her just this year and $300 something on desexing.

It doesnt quite add up to me either!

Also said something about his wife living elsewhere and his daughter 200kms away..

I might see if he is home tomorrow to get her records.

I think it was just an easy way to get rid of his dog.

Im assuming the awl microchips and desexes the dogs before rehoming so im assuming hes not being honest to me.

Will be good to talk to him face to face,hopefully tomorrow.

And if shes from the awl why did he tell me he got her from a petshop as a pup :(

I thought i would pick up this dog,call the owner and they would come get it. Instead i get this :)