What Do You Use To Organise Your Dog Stuff?

heroeswit

So I'm looking into what I can use to organise my dog things as I have so much of it.

Do you have the toys separate from leads and harnesses etc.? what do you group together?

do you hang leads?

What do you store them in? Box, draws, etc.?

Do you keep your dog equipment ie gloves, treat bags, etc. with the other stuff?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a dog cupboard ;) It has different shelves for different stuff and then Z has a toy box outside.

Leads and collars all go in a box on one of the shelves - it's the shelf i put all of the "going out" stuff on like my treat pouch and walkie belt poop bag refills. The next shelf down is where I keep Zero's food containers, the bottom shelf has his harness and backpack on it (and his shampoo/conditioner). On the top shelf I have training gear like 2 still packaged phone books so we can do backend awareness stuff, cones, tennis balls and a box of clickers. Then above the cupboard I keep his gym ball because I'm training him in treiball and if he sees the ball in the house, he will go and stand behind it :)

Grooming equpiment goes in a massive tool box I have - it's two levels and keeps everything i need in it.

Leads and collars have hooks inside our laundry (which is just a cupboard), training pouch and toys live in the dog cupboard in the garage and they have a LARGE box of old basketballs, soccer balls, volley balls and netballs (from work :) ) in a box in the garden shed which when they are very good they can go and choose one out themselves that they would like to play with.

Box outside for leashes, treat bags, outdoor toys, collars, harnesses. Box inside for puzzle toys, training props and all that good stuff they're not allowed to play with on their own.

Shampoo etc lives in a little bag as we usually wash them at the dog wash cafe. Brushes and combs live on the coffee table. :) I do use them nearly every day.

Toys are in a big wooden box (lidless), bought by Grumpy's breeder from Times Past Furniture in Braidwood, especially for doggy toys. Grumpy tends to dive into the box to find the one he wants, while Mini drags them off the top. Leads and collars are on the hat stand. Grooming equipment is not so well organised. I need a grooming box.

I have all the grooming equipment, collars and leads and stuff I take to dog shows in the garage. I have so much stuff from when I shut down my salon that it takes up half the wall from floor to ceiling. :)

I then have a cupboard with lots of shelves in the laundry with all their food (in plastic containers), toy box with inside toys (soft toys), new toys on the top shelf, blankets and more towels.

And lastly they have another toy box outside on the patio for outside toys like frisbees, tennis balls, old soccer balls etc

I don't have any good answer because I'm loosing the battle with the dog equipment and my personal space in the house. But basically leads/collars on hooks in the laundry, spare crates/beds in the garage, dog food/treats in the pantry, dog toys in a four draw tall boy in the living room and then there is still a heap of grooming stuff/coats and towels in the spare room. Oh yeah and their training bits and pieces are all over the place depending on what training session or trial we have most recently been to or are on the way to. Its a bit crazy here and its doing my head in.

Deep breathes...

Consequently my new house will have a separate room purpose built at the back of the garage for dog stuff, a fridge/freezer, hydro bath and PLENTY of storage for all their *^&%, ehem, stuff.

Love 'em, but man they have got more things than I have.

The coat hook at the front of the house is to hold their everyday leashes and collars/harness but everything else dog related goes into a dog cupboard...

also the sun room at the back of the house is where all the toys, dog stroller, spare crate and other doggie stuff related are kept if they are too big to go into the cupboard.

Wow, i'm sooo unorganised :)

I do have all my shampoos/grooming things in a bag that lives in my car, and all her toys are in a washing basket outside ;) then everything else is whereever I put it after i'm finished with it (which always means I can never find anything!!).

I really want to transform my little shed outside into a dog shed though....

one box of grooming gear in the bathroom next to the pile of dog towels.

One box for leads, collars and harnesses.

One box for toys (the biggest box)

A small box in the medicine cabinet for their tick/flea/worm preventative.

And a folder for all their paperwork.

Wow you guys are making me feel very disorganised...

I have all groomer stuff/show stuff in my version of a tack box that sits in spare room (a big faux snakeskin make up case), with all the other 'showy' stuff, gazebo, chairs, table, crates etc. all goes back into one spot after getting out of car, but its more just in a pile in the spare room than an organised space...

otherwise, leads and everyday stuff is on a big box on a shelf on the bookshelf closest to front door, and toys well when I find them I put them in this box too, but its quite common they are scattered around. some of them that have been outside stay outside, they are too ewwwies to come in the house.

Paperwork is all at my office at work, because that is where I make all doggy related phone calls, do show entries etc as im there during business hours. Its all in a portable file, (those ones that look like a brief case and pop open) thats divided up into vaccinations, health tests, pedigrees, show entries, litter records, and any other bits and bobs that are breed related I want to keep.

Wellllllll. I have lots of dog stuff :) there is a thread from a while ago (not sure who started it) about where you keep your dog stuff and there was even pictures, I will see if I can dig it up. I think it was Shell who commented that my house looks like a shop for doggy stuff. ;) it does a bit!! :rofl:

http://shop.jollie.com.au/p/1186511/yep-yu...iser-flare.html

I like these from Jollie for keeping things organised.

Oh those are great! :D Perfect for small houses! I will have to get one.

I'm so jealous of all of you with cupboards and even rooms (!) for your dog stuff.

I have one little basket full of doggy crap stuffed into the laundry cupboard, and her leads and doggy bags are in the (purely decorative) front fireplace.

Toys? Everywhere!! Our floor is constantly littered with shoes and squeaky balls- Honey must always be transporting something in her mouth from one room to the next.