Litters Due In July

Missymoo

Cynda is eating like there is no tomorrow :confused: SHe has already had 3 good meals and some french toast. She is playing ball and just so happy...Why o why has she opted to be normal in the last week and not from day 1 :rofl:

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all well this has been the week from hell for me have lost 3 :cry: of the pups and only have 3 still alive. :confused:

Have had 5 vet trips and a house call, there does not seem to be anything wrong then they just drop there body temture and will not feed any more have had fluids under the skin, tube feedings, bottle feedings nothing seems to help.

Mum will not eat has had so many shots and AB but no the only way she eates is if I put it in her mouth and wont let her spit it out.

They are week old now and have had no sleep for all that time.

Hi all well this has been the week from hell for me have lost 3 :cry: of the pups and only have 3 still alive. :confused:

Have had 5 vet trips and a house call, there does not seem to be anything wrong then they just drop there body temture and will not feed any more have had fluids under the skin, tube feedings, bottle feedings nothing seems to help.

Mum will not eat has had so many shots and AB but no the only way she eates is if I put it in her mouth and wont let her spit it out.

So sorry to hear. If you need help or just want someone to talk to PM mr and I will send my number. Have been thru such things with Pugs.

I still have 7 here. All 7 are doing well. Ms Green is only 192g (under 1/2 the size of her litter mates) but feeding well and still gaining. She opened her eyes a few days ago as well. Don't think it will be long until the others have eyes open. Will post pics in a sec.

Oh zzz top I'm sorry you've had such a week! :grouphug: I hope things start to smooth out soon. Sounds like you've gone above and beyond. Sometimes there are things going on with them that we just can't do anything about. :(

Fingers crossed for your three bubs. Will mum drink milk replacer? Divetelact or Biolac or similar?? Mine would take Palastart lamb & kid milk replacer when she didn't want anything else, even more so if I made it with fenugreek tea.

SBT maybe her load has shifted and she's more comfortable? Less pressure on her stomach? :confused:

Yarrowfell glad to hear your bubs are doing well. My little half-pint was the first to open his eyes too - hooray for the tiny trail blazers!! :)

Oh zzz top I'm sorry you've had such a week! :grouphug: I hope things start to smooth out soon. Sounds like you've gone above and beyond. Sometimes there are things going on with them that we just can't do anything about. :(

Fingers crossed for your three bubs. Will mum drink milk replacer? Divetelact or Biolac or similar?? Mine would take Palastart lamb & kid milk replacer when she didn't want anything else, even more so if I made it with fenugreek tea.

SBT maybe her load has shifted and she's more comfortable? Less pressure on her stomach? :confused:

Yarrowfell glad to hear your bubs are doing well. My little half-pint was the first to open his eyes too - hooray for the tiny trail blazers!! :)

My littlest was the first to open eyes too! Will post some new pics soon - they are all so gorgeous I have no idea how to pick just ONE!

zzzTop, could I ask a silly question? Have you thought of canine herpes as a cause?

I know you are probably devestated and busy besides - but was thinking it is better to ask a question like this, just in case...

The treatment for canine herpes is keeping the whelps very warm + antibiotics, I think...

Sorry to have bothered you if I am wrong/out of line, and best of luck for the rest of litter.

Thanks every one for you kind througths.

Dog greek No this was not a bad thing to ask me as I was thinking it has to be some thing with the mother, I will do some looking into Canine herpes and contact the vet tomorrow about it thanks for the idea it feels good to think there could be a reason.

Hi Shelby yes have been doing the liver drops and have been trying to keep it as warm as I can.

Edited by zzz Top

I wend to bed early last night and paid for it. Wide awake at 2.30 AM :eek: Decided to stay up...Cynda acting awefully suspicious :confused: Wanted to go out at 3am. Did a wee, and a crap...Have been going out every 15mins or so since, having a little grass, looking around, then back in again. Took her temp at 4am, 37.2(my thermometer about 1degree lower so temp ok), have just taken temp again at 5.30, now down to 36.5 :eek: She is not really due until this coming weekend at the earliest, should I be worried? She has no milk as yet either....

I wend to bed early last night and paid for it. Wide awake at 2.30 AM :eek: Decided to stay up...Cynda acting awefully suspicious :confused: Wanted to go out at 3am. Did a wee, and a crap...Have been going out every 15mins or so since, having a little grass, looking around, then back in again. Took her temp at 4am, 37.2(my thermometer about 1degree lower so temp ok), have just taken temp again at 5.30, now down to 36.5 :eek: She is not really due until this coming weekend at the earliest, should I be worried? She has no milk as yet either....

Could have been a practise run but unless she was progesterone tested at the time of mating (?) then it's possible she is due earlier than the weekend.

Could have been a practise run but unless she was progesterone tested at the time of mating (?) then it's possible she is due earlier than the weekend.

Yep, agree with Aziah. Also, keep in mind she is probably around day 58 now if you are thinking she is due this weekend. If she is due on your initial expected day of the 29th, then she is day 59 so although she would be early going now, she wouldn't be outside of the normal range.

Fee is temp dropping - down to 35.9 at 7am (although I had a bad night sleep last night and took that temp before my first coffee, so that might actually be the temperature of her poo instead :laugh: ) - took it again at 8am, 36.6. She's been hanging in the 37.5 range over the past few days. No nesting behaviour yet. Neo has decided she's in season and is driving us barmy with his crying :rolleyes: so she must be giving off a scent of some sort.

I am so sorry for you little ones loss.

Willow has been very not well for the first 36hrs an old and very experienced breeder gave me two great ideas that I think turned her and the litter around very fast.

1/2 an aspirin given to the bitch (Dalmatian 25kg). Like us their uterous continues to contract and be painful for up to a week. Everytime the puppies suck it hurts them. Even if you dissolve in water and syringe it in her mouth.

Secondly some Jalna Bush honey yoghurt for the pups and mum. Just a lick for the puppies and a good tablespoon for mum. It helps restore the balance of upset tummies and in general was FANTASTIC for my puppies. I give them a lick twice a day and the little one three times a day.

I really hope the others thrive and poor mum and yourself feel better.

Sounds like you will have some puppies today / tonight. They are not too early and will be great. Mums milk will come in fast. Good luck and keep us posted.

I did get my dates wrong Allerzeit, she is not due until the 30th from first mating and 1st August from second mating. Hopefully whe will hold out for another few days at least. I did put newspaper and towels in her whelping box this morning and apart from a little disarrangement of the towels, no real nesting as yet. She might just have another upset stomach but she is driving me barmey wanting to go out every 10 or so mins :mad for more grass.

I did get my dates wrong Allerzeit, she is not due until the 30th from first mating and 1st August from second mating. Hopefully whe will hold out for another few days at least. I did put newspaper and towels in her whelping box this morning and apart from a little disarrangement of the towels, no real nesting as yet. She might just have another upset stomach but she is driving me barmey wanting to go out every 10 or so mins :mad for more grass.

So you're only going off mating dates (not progesterone readings)? If so, there is no guarantee she won't whelp earlier than the first mating date.