Litters Due In July

Missymoo

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fingers crossed for you guys.

SBT Sonya was due on the Saturday - from mating (we only did one - luckily!!). But I knew she was probably a day or more likely two post ovulation. She whelped on the Wednesday before her due date with no problems at all. But she was really restless and a little nesty and panty from the Sunday night. Her temp dropped the Tuesday night though. So whelping was 60 days from mating - 58 from ovulation. But my male is a very good ovulation indicator... :D

So you should be getting pretty close to a safe day.

Great tips Underfoot. The aspirin in particular!

Another item I'd recommend for a whelping kit is a supply of "Impact" by Wombaroo. It's a colostrom supplement. When our girl's milk didn't come in pups had to be tube fed for five days, and we had all smooth sailing and no stomach upsets with Impact supplementation. When mum later got mastitis and went on ABs we had upset puppy stomachs. All the probiotic in the world wasn't helping while the ABs were still coming through (it did help after they stopped). But again supplementing with Impact helped very quickly.

I was lucky I had some after the last round of wildlife caring I did - I might not have thought to buy in any more!!

zzztop i'm so sorry to hear about your little ones - I missed your post earlier.

Ours are really starting to get up and about - they are super cute and we are starting to get a sense of their personality a bit more.

Here are some pictures of them at 2 weeks of age

2weeks3.jpg

2weeks2.jpg

2weeks1.jpg

2weeks.jpg

Underfoot - I want to see dally puppies!!!!

Yarrowfell- GORGEOUS!!!

Have we had any pointers yet?

:love: Just lovely Jetpoint. And the little black one looking at the camera, sooooooooooooo cute :heart:

Cyn has done a few poos and is now sound asleep. So not know if she is getting ready or she just has the shits. She doesn't want me to leave her side though...

I was having a look through my litter diary for my last litter, SBT and I found that Enya went through a stage of wanting to eat lots of grass and throw up - that was 3 days before she whelped. That was also the only day that she went off her food for a couple of meals :laugh:

Feonix is just happy sleeping in her box at the moment, although she is starting to have a little bit of mucous show when she goes for a wee now :)

Cyn has had a bit of a discharge for a week or so now. Thanks for the info Allerzeit. She is eating lots of grass but is not throwing up. she is snoring her head off atm, so I might take the opportunity to have a bit if a nap too :)

ok. Here are four little ones. The biggest shock is I think we have 5 livers and 6 black and whites. The shock being we assumed our boy might have been black dominent due to his VERY limited livers way back in his bloodline but obviously we were happily proven wrong.

post-38150-0-64491700-1311584481_thumb.jpg

post-38150-0-24085100-1311584484_thumb.jpg

post-38150-0-41186800-1311584486_thumb.jpg

post-38150-0-30541300-1311584488_thumb.jpg

ok. Here are four little ones. The biggest shock is I think we have 5 livers and 6 black and whites. The shock being we assumed our boy might have been black dominent due to his VERY limited livers way back in his bloodline but obviously we were happily proven wrong.

When do there spots start appearing???

Just gorgeous Underfoot :thumbsup:

I think Cynda was just going through the 'getting ready' motions yesterday. She slept most of the afternoon and all through the night. Her temp is normal this morning..Looks like she is going to hold on for at least a few more days :D

Edited by SBT101

When do there spots start appearing???

usually 7 - 10 days after birth. Its a double suprise you have to wait and wait. Whilst they are in the sac being born you usually can see the spots there on the skin but she had one in the back of the car and three dry deliveries so I really did not get to see many of them as I was too busy.

Oh these puppies are soooooo cute!

No pointers yet. Temp drop last night 36.9 average from 37.9 days before. today panting restless shivering and uncomfortable as well as mucus dripping yuk!

See how things go...

She's due 30th (i miss calculated the day and thought 28th) but that's from first mating. No prog test. Anyway I home with her so got my fingers crossed!

Good luck Marinapoint, and :crossfingers: for a trouble free whelping:)

Cynda temp is down to 36.5 from 37.1 taken at 6.30 this morning. But other than tht, she is normal. Only just had something to eat though. Until she is full blown first stage, I wont get excited :)

Oh yay!! Sending good trouble free whelping vibes your way!! Will keep checking in to see how things are progressing. Im currently sitting next to my crew having a feed and they all sound like frogs when it rains! They're getting cuter by the second and are starting to have a little 'play' with each other!