Litters Due In July

Missymoo

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has been a difficult night/ morning at our home. Our girl began whelping at 2am and the first pup is the only survivor of a litter of 5. Totally gutted. Hope all goes well for everyone else still waiting

I'm so sorry Heidley! :(:kissbetter: What an absolute nightmare!

Here are my babies - now 2 1/2 week old. They are growing well and looking good. I unfortunately broke my arm yesterday and will be in a cast for the next 5-7 weeks so learning to look after babies with one hand :-)

post-5267-0-42418500-1312101667_thumb.jpg

Here are my babies - now 2 1/2 week old. They are growing well and looking good. I unfortunately broke my arm yesterday and will be in a cast for the next 5-7 weeks so learning to look after babies with one hand :-)

post-5267-0-42418500-1312101667_thumb.jpg

Wow they are really growing. Looking good. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks for the support everyone much appreciated. We ended up with one boy who is doing well. Main concern now mastitis as mum has loads of milk so watching for that and rotating him to different nipples each time.

Congrats on your brood SBT they look lovely and Cynda looks content

So sorry to hear about the losses guys :-(

Talking about all those pooing puppies i'm a bit worried about the fact that mine dont' seem to make that much mess. I'm starting to wonder if Mia only cleans up when i'm not around or if what is in the whelping box is all they do? Mine don't seem to be hard to clean up at all....They are all thriving, putting on weight, playing and seem healthy but hearing about yours all making so much mess i'm wondering if mine are ok? Like i said, otherwise they seem just fine and I think they're doing well but......

Anyhow, the first escapee from the whelping box has made her break tonight so the other half of the door has gone in. Our little liver girl (and she is one of the littlest) practically jumped out - luckily enough I was there to catch her and put her back in. She sure is a pocket rocket, she's running around the box and trying to pounce and spin around and keeps jumping all over her sisters and brother. Once the rest saw her do it they were all at the door and trying to get out, glad I was there to see that or we could have had puppies everywhere!!

OMG, just had the best 4hours sleep thanks to my kids for taking charge. It is amazing how much easier 'puppies in the house' make it here :laugh:

Our babies are all going well. Cynda has been panting quite a bit. She has already had 4 good meals and have just given her some icecream, had heaps of water, and I have just given her some rescue remedy to try and calm her down for a while. I have to make her go out for a walk, and she has a good wee, and straight back in to her bubs. I will try and get her in for a the once over tomorrow..... :D

It is also my daughters 11th birthday tomorrow, so apart from her 'suprise', she has 5 little bubba's to love :)

Isn't it just amazing how so much noise can come out of such a lttle mouth :eek: This lot is so noisy, especially when they cant find the milk bar :laugh:

We have had a good night, I managed to get an hour or so sleep/dose in and Mum and bubs all doing well :D

Jetpoint your girl sounds like she's a bit more attentive than mine. She really doesn't clean up poo at all - they are doing quite well at using one end of the playpen which is promising for housetraining!

Sonya is almost officially over it. She has to be shut in the playpen with the pups and is fond of standing up so they can't reach her milk and giving me the sad - "I want to get out" eyes.

But she still has vast amounts of milk so just has to deal with it - if i took them off her no doubt we'd have another bout of mastitis.

She escaped the pen last night when I (half alseep) didn't clip it shut properly. She got into the laundry, ate all the cat food and two days worth of thawing chicken mince (nearly 4kg...) all over the floor, then promptly climbed on the couch and went to sleep. So i woke up to one contented mum, a horde of hungry pups and a LOVELY mess in the laundry. All conspired to make me vey late in dropping off kids and getting to work. Not happy. I have no doubt she's she's snoozing in the sunshine feeling very pleased with herself.

And I'll be struggling to thaw more mince for the others - seeing as she's eaten all theirs... Will have to go buy some fresh stuff.

We have some very cute photos from yesterday though. Here's two of our boys :) :

Alexander4.jpgArinyes2.jpg

I can't wait till mine are up a running around for cuddles. At the moment I am still enjoying that yummy puppy smell and breathe. I feel bad about complaining about my 11 when there have been so many losses this month. I am so sorry to all that have lost a puppy.

SBT looks like your fun has begun. A nice brood and a great number.