Litters Due In July

Missymoo

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine are using paper too Jetpoint. They are still inside at night - but only for a few more days!! Too big!!

With the paper, we just placed it in their pen, and then constantly remove the wet/dirty bits. They seem to get the idea on their own, and didn't go on the sheets/blankets after a few days. If I put down quite a few layers, the underneath ones will only have a few slight damp spots when I pick up. If I leave them and put dry paper on top I think they can smell the wee underneath and they tend to come back to that spot. To start with I had paper over much of their play area, and was able to reduce it to one side/corner over about a week.

They prefer grass now, but use the paper pretty reliably indoors which is reassuring. It's a simple thing that can be replicated in their new homes if necessary, and they will be familiar with the idea.

Just add paper and they go on it. At 3 weeks I will add a litter tray and they learn really quickly to go in it. Makes cleaning up alot easier. They wont poop or wee where they sleep when they are over 3 weeks. Just put it next to the blanket / bed they are sleeping on and they go.

Gorgeous Budda. We call our budda STOUT.

Allerzeit-they are looking as gorgeous as ever :heart:

I wormed my lot this morning and all went well except for Litte Red Boy who didn't like it one bit and started this wiered gagging motion. It frightened the livin daylights out of me :dropjaw: He seems all good now though :)

Hey, Allerzeit, some of your bubbas have extraordinarily rich rust markings - does it stay that colour?

They do have good colour for their age, but I don't think it's as rich a red as the photos show - I think that's more of an effect of the flash and the contrast caused by that :)

Hi All,

Here are my babies, - 5 weeks old now, well actually 5.5 weeks old. They are all so gorgeous and full of energy and personality. I want to keep them all! Still haven't picked 'the one' - D-day is this weekend. It's so hard....

Puppy 1

Puppy1W54.jpg

Puppy 2

Puppy2W5-2.jpg

Puppy 3

Puppy3W53.jpg

Puppy 4 (the boy)

Puppy4W53.jpg

Puppy 5

Puppy5W52.jpg

Puppy 6

Puppy6W51.jpg

Puppy 7

Puppy7W51.jpg

Typical GSP - Upsidedown!

pups008.jpg

Mum and bubs - An increasingly rare moment!

pups021.jpg

Everyone babies are looking beautiful :) Love Rotty pups and Jetpoint puppy 5 looks mischevious

Our boy is coming along great, his eyes are open and he is finding his feet, just started on some sloppy food (mince and yoghurt) and looking gorgeous. Will post a pic when I get home and have my cuddles :)

We dont decide on the keepers until they are 8 weeks of age. We follow the Pat Hasting Puppy evaluation. We have had a few that due to spotting we have ruled out but at the moment we have 2 nice girls and 5 boys to choose from and they are all so purdy at only 3.5weeks. It's so hard not to have favourites though.

Awww - loving all the puppy photos! :love:

Ours turned 3 weeks old yesterday, so it was "portrait" time again :D

blue-21days.jpg

green-21days.jpg

white-21days.jpg

red-21days.jpg

purple-21days.jpg

orange-21days.jpg

yellow-21days.jpg

They also started on solids yesterday, absolutely devoured their mince! They have little teeth now, and the look on Feonix's face when I make her go into the box to feed speaks volumes! I think she will be very happy to see them weaned :laugh: