Litters Due In July

Missymoo

Hmmm Mia is very quickly getting to the point where we are having to make her get in there to feed them at times, I can't blame her either - there are a LOT of little pointy teeth around and I don't think it will be long before she decides enough is enough, thankfully they are getting the hang of eating their solids! That day under the tree she voluntarily fed them which I was slightly suprised about! :eek: I'm actually not sure how much she still gets in with them overnight.

We constructed our outdoor puppy day pen today (good old bunnings compost panels) and from tomorrow they will be spending more time outside during the day, they like it out there and just get into the kennel when they want a sleep. At this point we're still going to bring them in at night but as soon as they start escaping from the whelping box then out to the shed we go!

Yours are so gorgeous aren't they alyosha - love the shot of them all trying to eat - you don't need a bigger bowl - you need a TROUGH!

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:laugh: A trough would be perfect!!! Ours have a Bunnings panel run outside too. They love it! And I love that it can be moved every couple of days. No matter how fast I am on the pickups, there is a whole lot of poo... a constant supply!! As they pick one area for it, they are so quick to run through and jump in it while they're playing - just oblivious! The world is for fun, not for worrying about where you tread!!

It's good to move the pen and give the used patch of grass a good wash down... :D

Yours are so gorgeous aren't they alyosha - love the shot of them all trying to eat - you don't need a bigger bowl - you need a TROUGH!

:laugh: So true!! :laugh:

Gawd, they're adorable though - everyone's puppies, I want them all!!!

Actually, its 12am and I'm supervising a feeding - no, I take it back, I have enough puppies! :laugh:

Our guys are 10 days old now - purple and yellow girls are both over 1kg, with everyone else ranging from 870 - 945 grams at last weigh in. They're being a bit slower than we're used to with weight gains - only putting on between 50 - 100 grams a day, but Feonix isn't exactly overflowing with milk and she's not interested in staying in the box with them all the time. She wants to feed and then once they fall off, she thinks she done until next feed. I'm trying to encourage her to stay with them more, but really I can't just sit in the box with her constantly, forcing her to stay there.

Still, they are content puppies and gaining weight daily, so I think they're doing fine - they will just be weaned earlier than we normally would, I think.

Eyes will start to open in the next few days, they are getting up on their feet and walking (drunkenly) around the box, and starting to hold their heads up when lying / half sitting, like proper little dogs, as well as growling and barking (don't piss Purple off, whatever you do - boy will she give you an earful if she's not happy!)

Awww cute pics all! Litter A here slip and slide in poo too if I'm not quick enough! Ewwww! I gave them one of those kitten tunnels and they love it, so funny to watch them, they will gang up on who Evers inside and squash them, then the victim will pop up out of the top hole and chase the bullies! Lol

Ewwww to the poo, but YAY to the kitten tunnel fun! :laugh:

I've ordered a cat tunnel, which is on it's way - I've heard of a few people now who've given their pups cat tunnels to play in, and it sounds like they have a ball :D

I ordered this one - should be interesting to see how many collisions occur in the middle :laugh:

Three way cat tunnel

Orange girl is starting the get eyes! :cheer:

Don't worry allerzeit, my Mia wasn't too interested in staying in with her pups either. I stressed about it for a while but pups were doing fine and are now very independent pups and are really healthy and well grown. I'm thinking it's better than a really overprotective bitch that won't let us near the pups. Mia looks after them when needed but is more than happy to let us have a bit of time with them, just don't let her hear next doors dogs or she puts on her cranky mum face!!

Thank god Cynda is still love'n her pups atm :D I have been helping her toilet them sometimes and end up getting flicked on the face with puppy poop :eek: But the look on Cynda's face when she can smell that they are going to do a poo :laugh: Her ears prick up, and she gets all excited.

We are a week old today and they are all going strong.

And Allerzeit, thanks for the link. I just ordered one too...

Mum and Bub

4-1.jpg

And mum having some hard earned time out :D

1-2.jpg

3-2.jpg

2-2.jpg

Edited by SBT101

well some sad news guys had to get my little girl PTS yesterday, she was not gaining weight at all even though she was eating & drinking & too top it off she got the runs which sent her on a spiral downhill real quick I felt soo bad for doing so,but had to do what was best for her..

[OMGGGGGGGGG they are HUGE....... & so bloody cute, hows mum doing???? britt has been off her babies for a week now, & shes a different dog back to her old self, it must take soo much out of them especially with the larger litters. pups are thriving & fatt

Hmmm Mia is very quickly getting to the point where we are having to make her get in there to feed them at times, I can't blame her either - there are a LOT of little pointy teeth around and I don't think it will be long before she decides enough is enough, thankfully they are getting the hang of eating their solids! That day under the tree she voluntarily fed them which I was slightly suprised about! :eek: I'm actually not sure how much she still gets in with them overnight.

We constructed our outdoor puppy day pen today (good old bunnings compost panels) and from tomorrow they will be spending more time outside during the day, they like it out there and just get into the kennel when they want a sleep. At this point we're still going to bring them in at night but as soon as they start escaping from the whelping box then out to the shed we go!

jet point .........your pups are gorgoeus, you have a nice variety of colours there. once pups are weaned she will love you even more lol

Oh so sorry Britt :(

SBT she looks to be having a 'ball' lol

My cat tunnel I got from catch of the day I think? Luckily is waterproof inside as it got a hose out yesterday as they decided to poo in it!! Lol

Allerzeit they are looking just lovely.

We had a visitor yesterday. The fella who owned the stud dog was comingo up for a holiday so he decided to pop and see the babies and he also bought along the proud dad, Murphy :love: Oh he is a very nice boy indeed...

Playing with the flirt pole

1-3.jpg

2-3.jpg

Great photos people. Keep em coming I love puppy photos. We started our almost 3 week puppies on some mince and milk yesterday and boy did the big ones become vacuums. I thought they would take some time to learn, this litter are so easy to teach to eat and are toileting on the paper now WOHOO!!!

post-38150-0-34807600-1312933416_thumb.jpg