Doggy Doors

kitty

well, the day has finally arrived when our cat figured out the doggy door, and took herself on a field trip in our backyard...

I know that you can get magnetic doggy doors etc, but they are designed to keep animals out, not keep certain animals in.

Are there any doggy doors that actually work this way, OR, crazy idea, but could you install the magnetic ones 'backwards' so that it keeps certain animals inside?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

well, the day has finally arrived when our cat figured out the doggy door, and took herself on a field trip in our backyard...

I know that you can get magnetic doggy doors etc, but they are designed to keep animals out, not keep certain animals in.

Are there any doggy doors that actually work this way, OR, crazy idea, but could you install the magnetic ones 'backwards' so that it keeps certain animals inside?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

I thought you can get ones that have a sensor that you attach to the collar. If the animal doesn't have the sensor on then the door won't open.

i thought there were sensor ones too - but they all just seem to advertise that they keep unwanted animals out - so i'm not 100% sure that the sensor is on both sides?

thanks all!

I wonder whether the US ones are the same sizes as the Australian ones?

I found information that says that you can reverse the magnetic ones, but you just need to make sure they are protected from any harsh environments.

We really want to get a doggy door for Kyojin but I just know that Oscar would figure it out. He tries to bolt out the door every single time that we open it as it is!

our kitty has a 'less is more' approach with the dogs. They exist in harmony - but very much separately. She won't go close enough to the dogs to go through the doggy door at the same time is them. We were back at work today, and she stayed inside.

You would think something like this would be more accessible and available - i'm sure it isn't a unique situation!