Need Advise On What Pounds Can Do

heathrob

Hi

Friends of mine live in Helidon QLD, recently their dog got out of their yard and went to the pound, the pound informed them that if the dog is at the pound 3 times they will not be informed the third time and the dog will be put to sleep. Is this true????

The dog is micro - chipped and registered.

Thanks

No, it isn't true. They have no right to euthanase an animal that is a perpetual wanderer or escapist. I would however seriously advise that they (your friends) look into an alternative form of containment or fix what they have if it is failing.

Edited by ~Anne~

Thank you, I didn`t think they could but just wanted to check. they are in the Gatton area.

I will let them know. The dog has never go out before and will not again.

Thank you

Councils have been known to do things they aren't supposed to do. As PTS is final, keeping the dog confined is a good idea . . . might also be good to correct the notion cause even if your friend's dog doesn't get PTS, if they have this policy, someone else may end out loosing their dog.

Hi

Friends of mine live in Helidon QLD, recently their dog got out of their yard and went to the pound, the pound informed them that if the dog is at the pound 3 times they will not be informed the third time and the dog will be put to sleep. Is this true????The dog is micro - chipped and registered.

Thanks

No it's not true and wayward pound staff should be put back into line.

They cause a lot of grief when all they are is a community service holding facility.

A pound staffer told me that to retrieve my impounded dog already microchipped into my name

I had to bring a photo of myself with the dog to proove it was mine.

Of course I did not.

But it just goes to show what some of these fruitcakes can come up with.

My neighbours were told the same by a warden. He has escaped twice and they have been fined, the warden says the next time he will be PTS and they will be billed.

OMG! That is awful just to tell people that, let alone if they really do it! Maybe they are trying to frighten people into containing their dogs but it's not right.