Dear Tiny Dog....

Guest Willow

Guest Willow

Dear tiny dog (I will refrain from posting your breed, as I feel you are not a shining example),

Next time you wish to vacate your irresponsible owners unfenced property, and run in to the road aggresively towards us, think on these things.

You probably weigh 2kg wringing wet....the dog you are targetting is at least three times that weight. See the 25kg dog standing behind him??? Yeah, that's right...that's his best mate. Oh wait, you can't see him because he's behind my baby's pram, which is now tangled in leads. You can't hear him over the sound of my frightened daughter screaming.

Think on these things, and be bloody thankful I'm a responsible dog owner, and my two very annoyed dogs are on lead.

Be grateful that as you chase us down the street, my dogs have regained their composure and have listened to my "walk on" command.

Be thankful that whilst you don't have a fence to keep you safe, I have taken precautions against this, and have my dogs under control.

Be thankful that i don't hold it against you, but think your owner is an idiot.

I'm sorry you drew the short straw when they were handing out owners, but think on these things and be thankful it was me you ran into. It probably saved your life today.

Really, some people don't deserve to have a dog.

• Like 2

Guest sharynriding

Well said. In complete agreement and I certainly also feel your pain.

Hi Willow

What a wonderful letter, would you mind also writing one to the small dog with the moron of an owner the lets it run up aggressively to yours. With you screaming at the owner to please put it on lead, whilst my current girl doesn't mind (my male if I had him with me would) I don't want her to get attached so badly by one of these little dogs she isn't okay with them in the future.

Okay, particularly at the moron that abuses you, when you ask for their dog's safty to put it on lead.

Thanks for writing the letter most of us want to write.

Dear tiny dog (I will refrain from posting your breed, as I feel you are not a shining example),

Next time you wish to vacate your irresponsible owners unfenced property, and run in to the road aggresively towards us, think on these things.

You probably weigh 2kg wringing wet....the dog you are targetting is at least three times that weight. See the 25kg dog standing behind him??? Yeah, that's right...that's his best mate. Oh wait, you can't see him because he's behind my baby's pram, which is now tangled in leads. You can't hear him over the sound of my frightened daughter screaming.

Think on these things, and be bloody thankful I'm a responsible dog owner, and my two very annoyed dogs are on lead.

Be grateful that as you chase us down the street, my dogs have regained their composure and have listened to my "walk on" command.

Be thankful that whilst you don't have a fence to keep you safe, I have taken precautions against this, and have my dogs under control.

Be thankful that i don't hold it against you, but think your owner is an idiot.

I'm sorry you drew the short straw when they were handing out owners, but think on these things and be thankful it was me you ran into. It probably saved your life today.

Really, some people don't deserve to have a dog.

You have one more thing to do Willow - put that letter in Tiny Dog's owner's letterbox!

Souff

• Like 1

When I was a kid we had a dog like that living next door to us. He would try to bite our ankles every time we walked up the driveway. We were scared of him and started cutting across a neighbour's property to avoid him, but then the kids there gave us a hard time because we all had this little territorial thing going. Eventually we hit on the idea that we would be friendly to him and when he came to chase our ankles we would tell him he was a good boy. Somewhat miraculously, this worked like a charm and he turned into our biggest fan. The downside was that he would get upset if we ever went past without gushing over him and giving him a rub and so our trips up the driveway were still very much under his control!

It's amazing what we have to put up with.

A very good letter which is cleverly really addressed to the tiny dog's owner. It also shows how dangerous an unmanaged and uncontrolled tiny dog can be. That was a frightening situation.

I'd like to see a letter written to the idiot owner of a big dog, too. I was walking my 2 tibbie girls (on leads) & we'd just turned into my street. I spotted, down the other end, a young bloke walking his large, lithe dog, unleashed. The dog was dashing back & forward, racing into people's front yards. I'm not afraid of big dogs, but it wasn't good to meet up with this dog which was uncontrolled... with 2 small dogs. So I hurried to our house & was soon behind 6 ft front fences & 4 ft side fences.

Just as I got the leads off my dogs, I heard the tiny tibbie girl next door bark, from her side fence. In a flash, the big dog came racing up that neighbour's driveway & was poised to spring over the side fence straight at her. I screamed 'No!'. Bloke who was ahead of the dog heard me, came back & whistled the dog which took off after him.

It's not rocket science to keep your tiny dog on your own property....nor to walk your big dog on a lead. As the law requires. Owners who find it too hard to comply should get fined. And a big fine, too.

• Like 2

Great letter Willow!!!! Sums it all up perfectly.

I would also like to write one to the German Shepherd who lives near me. His owner is a complete idiot that makes my blood boil just looking at him. I would thank the German Shepherd for not eating my two little dogs.

Last week I walked around the corner to see the idiot man with his lovely unleashed GS. i tried to turn back around the corner because one of my girls is leash reactive. Well didn't get a chance. The GS saw my dog and ran straight towards us posturing over the top of my dog. Idiot man is saying to his dog 'come here' 'sit' 'back heeeerrreeee' until he finally gets to me and says 'Oh wow that was a perfect response, what a good dog, he did the perfect thing and didn't attack your dog' :eek:

At that I totally flipped my lid and said something along the lines of 'your telling me he did the perfect thing when he did about 5 things wrong first, he rudely rushed up to another dog while you yelled three different commands all which he ignored and now you're telling me he is offlead and aggressive. PUT YOUR DOG ON LEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

This is about the 4th time I have come across this man and every time I have asked him to put his dog on lead. The dog will cross roads to rush up to other dogs and will eventually be hit by a car.

If I run into him again I plan on asking him where he lives. If he tells me I'm reporting him to the council. I've had enough of moronic dog owners!!!

• 1 month later...
Guest Willow

Dear Tiny Dog,

I must admit, I was delighted to see today that your owner has finally put up some appropriate fencing.

At least now you have a boundary to guard instead of the whole street.

I know you are very angry that you can't get out, but be thankful for that hateful stretch of sturdy metal, because it's the reason you can live to guard another day.

Guest Willow

No, I chickened out of the letter :o ...I actually just avoided going that way at all for a while, but there really aren't that many different ways to go so we ended up back there.

I can hear it going mental, but the fencing looks really good (temporary fencing, but strong & sturdy, and appropriate for the size of the dog).

Probably wise since the people who live down the road from them have decided letting their nice-but-dim adolescent male rotti out on his own for wees :rolleyes: One paw slap from him & Tiny Dog is pavement pancake.