What A Beautiful Sight

Guest Willow

Guest Willow

I went to the British Car Day in our Shire today.....a huge exhibition of vintage cars, along with a country fair......dozens upon dozens of stalls, fairground rides, and a plethora of food stands....spread over several acres of parkland in the centre of a smallish country town.....people come from miles around once a year for this.

And in the middle of it all....

Dog after dog after dog.....families with several dogs, single people with dogs, dogs of all shapes, sizes & breeds, and EVERY SINGLE ONE was on lead, and behaving impeccably.

There were dogs lying on the grass with their people, listening to live bands, dogs sharing hotdogs with their people, dogs politely greeting other dogs.

It was huge, it was noisy, there were little kids everywhere, and there were the dogs, just being picture perfect.

It was SO lovely to see a huge public gathering where dogs were just part of the furniture.

Perhaps Australia isn't becoming as "dog unfriendly" as we fear.....and the best thing???

There are helluva lot of BRILLIANT dog owners out there!!! :thumbsup:

Guest Willow

My little girl is quite dog-obsessed, and was going into pointy-finger overdrive at the sight of them all....in the end I had to approach a couple with a Cavvy & a JRT and ask if she could say hello before her head exploded......they were delighted to show off their lovely dogs, and were also most impressed I had asked ;)

That's really great to hear about.

I think sometimes on this forum we seem to concentrate our discussions on all the 'bad' dog owners out there in the community. We read a lot of stories relating to "incidents at dog parks" and "bad dog owners" and "BYB's" etc.

Yep, there really are a lot of dedicated, responsible, experienced dog owners out there, but until they screw-up and do something 'awful', we don't hear about them here, least of all discuss them!

Thanks for sharing. :)

Fantastic. So good they were able to take their dogs and that all the dogs were so well behaved :thumbsup:

Whilst on a positive note I must add I was at the main Brisbane MPW yesterday and it went really really well. No major dramas. Whoop for a good day in the doggy world!

Edited by Keira&Phoenix

It was SO lovely to see a huge public gathering where dogs were just part of the furniture.

Perhaps Australia isn't becoming as "dog unfriendly" as we fear.....and the best thing???

There are helluva lot of BRILLIANT dog owners out there!!! :thumbsup:

Agree. I see the same thing when we take our dogs to the Brisbane Council's K-9 activities here. And I love the way people with their dogs just automatically talk to other people with their dogs. You don't see that at dogless outdoor events.