Sooo Annoyed!

3Woofs

Just a rant!

I entered an interstate show and it took bloody Aust Post more than 3 weeks to get it where it was supposed to go :mad

I've just got home to find my entries returned as they were too late :cry:

So very angry right now! This is why all clubs should offer Ozentries, so we don't have to rely on useless Aust Post!!!

It's not the Clubs fault that Australia Post often has stuff ups and some just aren't ready/willing to offer the online entry system.

I send ALL my entries via Express Post unless entering via Ozentries, by sending them EP I can track them and they are delivered quickly.

Sorry you missed out on the show but perhaps next time you have to send entries via snail mail you could send them Express (I understand one shouldn't have to go to such lengths but at least you'll have peace of mind).

:)

Edited by Aziah

I once sent entries to what would have been a local show. It took 4 weeks for them to arrive. They actually arrived after the show.

I send them before the closing date and then call the show sec and confirm they have them, It's the only way to guarantee you are entered.

I must say I have bene lucky. I have never had a missed entry even if I have sent it few days after the closing date.

Whilst most of the shows I enter are Sydney based or surrounding areas such as South Coast, Central Coast/Newcastle, I have also entered shows in Yass, Rydal, Young etc and they have all arrived safely via snail mail.

Touc wood that I have not jinxed myself. Fingers crossed that everyone's future entries arrive without any issues.

After the problems with OZentries for the Bulla Autumn Extravaganza shows and the additional cost - I am happy to continue snail mail and avoid Ozentries....

what problems with OzEntries ??

at least online with OzEntries you have proof of entry.

After the problems with OZentries for the Bulla Autumn Extravaganza shows and the additional cost - I am happy to continue snail mail and avoid Ozentries....

It was the snail mail that were the missing entries not the Ozentry ones ;)

Does Aus post do any proof of posting? We have this in the UK from Royal Mail, and any show has to accept your entry on the day of the show, if you can provide proof of entry before the closing date.

The post office stamps the date on the envelope on the day it was posted, so there is evidence that I sent it way before closing date. Plus I received a little note with my returned entries saying "Sorry too late" and that I need to ask Aust Post what happened and why it took so long... no point doing that though.

Oh well next time I send entries by smail mail, I'll be sure to ring and check that they arrived.

Being a speciality show, when you received your entry back did you phone the secretary to see if they would take a late entry due to Aust post stuff up?

BB

It wasn't the specialty show I missed out on... it was the friday all breeds show.

No I didn't ring them... I assumed they had already sent the numbers off to the cataloguer, otherwise I'm sure they would've accepted my entries.