Disabled Dog's Wheelchair Stolen

Mila's Mum

LINK

A HEARTLESS crime lleft a disabled therapy dog -- a 12-year-old Belgian Sheepdog named Lucky -- without his wheelchair, myFOXboston.com reports.

The dog, who lost the use of his hind legs after being run over by a car, had his wheels -- which, with a frame, support the paralyzed limbs -- stolen from him on Sunday.

Lucky -- a therapy dog trained to comfort people in facilities such as hospitals, retirements homes and schools -- was left alone in the yard of his West Roxbury home for a short time after a walk and a game of ball with his owner David Feeley, when the shocking theft occurred.

"I went in through the back door and came out the front. And by that time, it was gone," Feeley said.

Fortunately Monday, an organization called Handicap Pets donated a new wheelchair to Lucky.

:eek: What the FRICK is Wrong with people?!!? Some how I doubt that someone with a large paralysed dog suddenly saw it as they looked over the fence and thought My dog needs it more than theirs... it would have to be someone sick "har har lets take the dogs wheel chair" ... sick darn society. :mad

:thumbsup: For the charity that got him a new one so quickly!!

Possibly it was someone who thought the dog would be better off without such a "contraption" and it was their way of telling the owner the dog was better off being PTS.

I think the person who took the wheelchair needs led poisoning. Hope they catch the low life.

I know how much work goes into a dog that is in a wheel chair, its nearly a 24/7 job, and wheelchair's are not cheap, I got mine secondhand and I payed $400 for it a few years ago. I really feel for the owner and their dog.