Hair Dye For Dogs

BJean

Irish markings using white or terrier markings using black would work. :)

Enough to make someone looking at the dog, believe that its dyed colour was real?

So say a dog like this,

dyed fawn and white, or black (what are terrier markings?)

tuzkoyoktugs.jpg

Classic terrier markings:

16112008030458_218.jpg

Base colour is often fawn so it could work.

oh wow okay

thanks!

:thumbsup:

If you use permanent dye to achieve this you don't need to do the head. And as margins aren't clear, it will help with the colouring although you'll want to avoid any drips. :)

If you use permanent dye to achieve this you don't need to do the head. And as margins aren't clear, it will help with the colouring although you'll want to avoid any drips. :)

cool!

hopefully it will work :)

:thumbsup:

thankyou

You could try champion tails 'colour enhancing' shampoo it comes in a variety of colours including black. It's not a dye and may not colour a fawn dark enough but will come out in a few days.I had a friend whose horse had white scarring from rain scald so they used to dye him with human hair dye.They used to get a hair dresser to do him and it cost around $200.Anywhere you don't want the dye,cover with vaseline or thick conditioner.If you go this way it will take a while to come out and the dog may look seriously weird until it does! Good luck!

I think you will be better with dye, I have tried the black spray chalk before and it just turned the dog grey, not the colour i was aiming for! :rofl: and it does feel horrible in the coat.

You could try champion tails 'colour enhancing' shampoo it comes in a variety of colours including black. It's not a dye and may not colour a fawn dark enough but will come out in a few days.I had a friend whose horse had white scarring from rain scald so they used to dye him with human hair dye.They used to get a hair dresser to do him and it cost around $200.Anywhere you don't want the dye,cover with vaseline or thick conditioner.If you go this way it will take a while to come out and the dog may look seriously weird until it does! Good luck!

thanks for the tip! :)

How black do you want to go? What about some of those "comb through" human hair colours? (you usually see them in like those home care magazines..oh wait i found it... Magnamail. though id seen it somewhere) if you dont want permenant? says it isnt surposed to be sticky or greasy... though not sure how well it would cover.

Just out of nagging curiosity.. why do we want to make an anatolian... not look like an anatolian? creative grooming? :o Sorry if you sont want to say just really curious now... want to see the resulting creativity ^_^

How black do you want to go? What about some of those "comb through" human hair colours? (you usually see them in like those home care magazines..oh wait i found it... Magnamail. though id seen it somewhere) if you dont want permenant? says it isnt surposed to be sticky or greasy... though not sure how well it would cover.

Just out of nagging curiosity.. why do we want to make an anatolian... not look like an anatolian? creative grooming? :o Sorry if you sont want to say just really curious now... want to see the resulting creativity ^_^

i sent you a pm

Lilli, try Just For Men. It is a dying shampoo. Works well for Black and washes/wears out after several days. Easy to use and will not come off on your hands etc. Works super well on light colors as intended for coloring grey hairs mostly. Works great on dog coats.

Edited by dyzney

The food colouring does eventually wash out or fade away! It doesn't rub of on furniture of carpets etc :laugh:

The bright pink fades after a about a week. Then she looked a grubby pink :laugh: It lasted longest in the ears!

CSC_0057.jpg

Becks is right, it takes best on Poodles & bichons as the coat is like wool.

I think you will find it difficult to dye regular dog hair?

My next project is to dye Poppy with purple & pink Dyex on her ear & tail only!!.....whenI have nothing eles to do ;)