Vet Recommendation

cassie

I posted this in the Health section but haven't received any replies yet, thought I'd put it here too as General seems to get more traffic. Hope that's ok mods!

Does anyone know of a good and trusted vet in the Adelaide Hills area? We are moving to Mt Barker at the end of July. Have done a search and found plenty of course, but I much prefer to work with a good referal than a Yellow Pages listing. I do have an extremely good vet at Lewiston who I would always travel to for any surgeries, xrays, etc. But as far as vaccinations and general check ups go, I'd like someone a little closer. Thanks in advance :)

I'm still trying to find a really good one as well in the Mt Barker area (one who doesn't push particular products or yearly vaccinations), so will be watching with interest :D

I've heard differing views on most of the ones in the Hills area, so it may be just a case of trying one and seeing if they suit you? :)

Heard good things about Avenue Rd Vet at Stirling and Hills Animal Hospital (or whatever it is) in Stirling as well.

I use Strathalbyn Vet (for some things...) and like them, at least for now. I'm a bit picky with vets, and Strath vet is in my good books at the moment. I travel from Happy Valley to Strathalbyn.

I use Birdwood Vet & love it. Very relaxed atmosphere where you can be more involved with your pets if you choose, they're not just whisked off out of sight (if that makes sense) I used to travel 45mins to get there, little closer now but well worth it. Their prices are quite reasonable too :)

Hi Cassie,

Here's a copy of the post I just put in your other thread! :laugh:

Cassie I always use Derek or Christine at the Parade Norwood vet clinic - still a bit of a hike from Mt Barker but heaps closer than Lewiston. I also have friends at Mt Barker who are westie fanatics as well and very fussy - They use the Wellington Road Veterinary Surgery (Kirsten Hailstone) for things like vaccinations etc but they use the Parade for major stuff. The Adelaide Hills Animal Hospital in Stirling also has an excellent reputation (Lyn Wells).

Hope that helps

I used to go to the Hills vet clinic which is in Blackwood. I thought it was absolutely fantastic and had it been closer would still continue to go there.

I actually used to travel from the city to go to that vet.

edited.... thinking of the vet a bit further up the road....

Edited by jr_inoz

We've used the Parade for years now (7 or so) - especially Derek - and they've seen us through some emergencies (snail bait and 100 bee stings). We don't live in the hills, but they've always been excellent and I'd definitely recommend them if you want to go that far.

• 1 month later...

We love the vets at Meadows. All of the nurses there are really friendly & dont mind answering questions ie will spend time with you so you never feel as though you are being rushed! The vets are just lovely too & take the time to explain things. Twice now they have saved our dogs when we thought we would lose them & on both occasions the vets went above & beyond all expectations. One of the vets Greg Rodda even came in in the middle of the night when he wasn't even on duty to help with the operation that saved one of our dogs. Its just such a nice place to go - our dogs love visiting & always get a welcome treat!

Also we have just done their k9 Kindy school with our new puppy & that was brilliant!

Kynan's breeder uses and recommends the Aldgate Veterinary Clinic Link. I went there once for a middle of the night emergency with Kynan when he was a baby puppy and Dr Nadia was great :thumbsup:

Another for aldgate vet. They're decently priced for a small clinic.

• 5 months later...

I use Birdwood Vet Clinic. Been using them for past 13 years and no complaints. Prices are quite reasonable. Friendly staff and vets. EXplain everything in plain language. None of these fancy words that are designed to confuse you.Another big plus, they have a genuine 24 hour emergency service.For example, rang them at 11 pm on a Saturday night and Andrew (he's the boss) was at my house by midnight. Can't beat that for service (I liveabout 45 km from Birdwood). 5 star rating from me and I'm fussy about who looks after my dogs.

Gotta change my siggy, Dodger passed away 3 weeks ago at the age of 13.

Edited by dodger39