Coffee Bags

Kirislin

My idiot psycho whippets, Tag and Puck I suspect, got into some Robert Timms coffee bags and partially ate 2 of them, as well as spreading them over the carpet. Certainly showing no ill effects but I cannot imagine how awful they must have tasted. I really wonder about these dogs sometimes.

lol! If they are like greyhounds they will probably eat just about anything. My oldest boy has good taste though, he loves any kind of fruit, avocado, chocolate (yes he has found some a couple of times, I was so worried!), butter tubs, licking out the inside of peanut butter jars (after chewing the lid off!)... He is permanently banned from the kitchen!

Edited by Daisy

I often wonder about dogs taste buds, Flute once ate some hair removal cream ... a whole packet of it. I rang the vet in a panic, he is used to these calls now and when i told him who it was, he asked me "whats Flute eaten now", i told him and he laughed! I asked if it would hurt her and he said he didn't think so. I asked if she was going to go bald and he said id find out in a week or so! No ill effects in the end.

Another vote for keeping the camera on stand by for hyperactive whippet zoomies! :laugh:

I often wonder about dogs taste buds, Flute once ate some hair removal cream ... a whole packet of it. I rang the vet in a panic, he is used to these calls now and when i told him who it was, he asked me "whats Flute eaten now", i told him and he laughed! I asked if it would hurt her and he said he didn't think so. I asked if she was going to go bald and he said id find out in a week or so! No ill effects in the end.

Another vote for keeping the camera on stand by for hyperactive whippet zoomies! :laugh:

Sorry but :rofl:

Hahah Izzy has gotten hold of plenty of teabags and coffee ground pucks from the garden, I used to throw them outside before Izzy was around, now I've stopped since I realize she has a taste for anything :D

I often wonder about dogs taste buds, Flute once ate some hair removal cream

I agree, my two must have the cleanest ears out. Now I have never tasted dog ear wax but I'm pretty sure it couldn't be pleasant!

Just for future reference, caffeine is toxic to dogs, like chocolate is. So in the event of eating some like that, I'd probably er on the side of a vet trip for an emetic if you catch them in time.

Just for future reference, caffeine is toxic to dogs, like chocolate is. So in the event of eating some like that, I'd probably er on the side of a vet trip for an emetic if you catch them in time.

The lethal dose of caffeine for dogs and cats is 150mg/kg body weight, and regular instant coffee contains approx 60mg caffeine per teaspoon, a 10kg dog would have to ingest approximately 25 teaspoons of coffee to recieve this dose.