Susan Garrett Webinar

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a recorded session with Susan talking and notes on screen. Just finished watching and chat was still going and is open till midnight(?) their time I believe. I'm undecided about Puppy Peaks. I'm not saying the course wouldn't be worth doing, I think SG is a great trainer, but I'm feeling a little cynical about marketing and money at the moment.

I'm a bit the same Jigsaw, the marketing/money is taking over. I suspect if I went through what I already have of hers (notes/books/DVDs) then I would already have a lot of it already, except for that information that she's sitting on deliberately as part of the marketing juggernaut!

Reminds me of what happened with the whole natural horsemanship charge, especially round the likes of Parelli. :eek:

Jsut got around to watching the webinar. Was pretty interesting.

The program actually looks kinda cool. How often do you get to see a top trainer going about there thing for a whole year.

For the price it was a no brainer. All singed up :)

Hi Jigsaw

You might do as well with ruff love and shaping success.

I do like the online format though. Sometimes I like to see how it's done (or not done) as much as read the instructions. And get feed back and more ideas if it doesn't go according to instruction.

I have done the recallers course with SG (1 and 2) and enjoyed it and thought it was very worthwhile, I just have to follow through with training more. :laugh: I do have both those books, but I haven't read Shaping Success yet. Something to do with too many books and not enough time!

I'm a bit the same Jigsaw, the marketing/money is taking over. I suspect if I went through what I already have of hers (notes/books/DVDs) then I would already have a lot of it already, except for that information that she's sitting on deliberately as part of the marketing juggernaut!

Reminds me of what happened with the whole natural horsemanship charge, especially round the likes of Parelli. :eek:

I have a ton of her stuff too!

Hi Jigsaw

You might do as well with ruff love and shaping success.

I do like the online format though. Sometimes I like to see how it's done (or not done) as much as read the instructions. And get feed back and more ideas if it doesn't go according to instruction.

I have done the recallers course with SG (1 and 2) and enjoyed it and thought it was very worthwhile, I just have to follow through with training more. :laugh: I do have both those books, but I haven't read Shaping Success yet. Something to do with too many books and not enough time!

I have a ton of her stuff too!

:laugh: I just need to go do it :o

I'm glad that we will see a month of PP as a recaller, will be interesting - if it's worthwhile with some really good new information coming through then I might sign up for it.

To be honest, the more I think the more I can understand why she's doing it in this format. She did mention the issue of someone selling copies of her DVDs on ebay back at the seminar, and in this format she can put far more information in and hopefully have people interpret her training better. Must be frustrating to put good information out there only to see who knows how many people stuff it up and then bag the trainer and the method because they stuffed it up. The more cynical part of me reckons it's still bloody good marketing. :o

I think someone actually wrote a book full of training games devised by SG and put their own name on it with no credit for or permission from SG.

I think the other purpose for the online technique is SG can train a lot more people with much less hassle and travel. Though the puppy thing is less of a training thing than a kind of voyeur thing for us - ie we get to see how she works, but she's not instructing us directly.

Edited by Mrs Rusty Bucket

Unfortunately you're too late I think MEH :( It was only up for a limited amount of time.

I have several pages of notes if you would like a copy, no guarantees it will be the next few days that I get them typed up though.

• 2 weeks later...

:thumbsup:

What do you think of Puppy Peaks so far? I am not yet totally wowed but will give it another week or two.

I am quite enjoying it. It isn't anything that amazing or ground breaking but it is good to see how someone whit her background and experience goes about training.

I think you learn a lot more from watching the videos that you would from reading about it in a book.

While I haven't signed up for Puppy Peaks I have watched the free webinars and enjoyed them. Especially the challenges webinar and seeing the challenges she is facing with Swagger - cheeky fellow :laugh: and that she also has to deal with dogs leaving work, don't wanna don't hafta etc which have been some of the things I am really interested in figuring out how to fix. (Kaos will only tug in backyard, not at training or trials,and won't tug in presence of his favourite toy. Big FAIL for me on my first try to teach tug to use as a reward!)

Edited by Kavik

Actually currently researching where to get next pup ;) though won't be for a while yet, want to learn more, especially about fixing those issues so that my next dog will actually tug (much more difficult than I thought it would be!), and get more experience so I know what foundation work I want to do and in what order etc. Sorry, Dally is not on the list :laugh:

SG has posted three more videos (or one video split into three)

will be up for the next four or five days.

The course is $200 for the year or $20 per month.

Most of you have really identified with the "Struggles" series. The truth is, we all have challenges at one point or another with our dog training. I am not ashamed to show you some actual video clips of of mine.

It is very cool to hear back that many of you are already implementing the step-by-step strategy I demonstrated to overcome my own dog training struggles.

The link to all three of the webinars is:

http://www.puppypeaks.com/fe/13453-the-dog-training-time-line

Just a reminder, registration for Puppy Peaks will close down on Monday July 18th. With the craziness of my teaching and competing schedule I have no idea when I will be offering this opportunity again. If you are just "not sure" if watching me training my puppy is going to be of value to you . . . why not just sign up for the first month and decide after that!

Jump on board and take in the more than 20 video clips that will be posted this month alone! Month one shows you how I work on;

* tug drive

* building self control

* start my retrieve training

* deal with resource guarding food

* start Swagger's jump training

* work on the beginning of his loose leash walking (which is key in how I create tight turns in agility by the way!)

* How I Use a Dog Bed to start a foundation for distance work in agility and self control in any situation (it is a pre-cursor to "Crate Games")

All that in month one!

Don't be put off if your dog isn't the same age as my guy "Swagger". Though my puppy maybe younger than your dog, the training principles I show work across all age boundaries and you can start playing these games at home immediately!

If you have any questions on the course, I will be "live" on the chat tonight from 9 -10 PM.

http://www.puppypeaks.com/sp/5822-join-puppypeaks

All the best

Susan Garrett

Say Yes Dog Training Inc

Say Yes Dog Training Inc, 2780 dunmark, Alberton, ON L0R 1A0, CANADA