Yarrawonga & Border Canine Association

SwaY

:) I would say Megz that they would only make money to keep the club going or improve what they have....

I know only to well Rebanne what hard work goes into these clubs and the running of them, I know it is always left to a handful of hard workers to run the show and hopefully make a profit....

Yes we have lost alot of Country shows from various reasons but us country people just have to cop it sweet... :)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Things must have changed since I was involved with running country shows. The affiliation was granted with the stipulation that the shows were in the local area. The Ag Soc's had to jump through even more hoops with dog sections being held in conjunction with other Ag events on grounds used by the Ags. among other regulations. It's getting hard enough for the country clubs to get an entry without there being more held in the city.

It's getting hard enough for the country clubs to get an entry without there being more held in the city.

and if some people get their way and they bring in a ruling that committee members can't show at their own shows then country clubs/shows are dead. If some country shows sell out to the city there is less to go to and no one will want to be on a committee cause that just cuts their opportunities down again.

Ok so I live out in the sticks but I hadn't heard about any new ruling stopping committee members from showing. Personally I think this a an insult to a Judge's integrity :mad Yes, I know all about 'justice being seen to be done" but for heaven's sake it's a bl**dy dog show, no sheep stations involved. After 50+ years of dog showing I know the majority of Judges do an honest job (even though some may not agree with their decisions). When I was judging I would have been furious/hurt if a schedule came out with the stipulation that the committee etc. would not be showing.

Ok so I live out in the sticks but I hadn't heard about any new ruling stopping committee members from showing. Personally I think this a an insult to a Judge's integrity :mad Yes, I know all about 'justice being seen to be done" but for heaven's sake it's a bl**dy dog show, no sheep stations involved. After 50+ years of dog showing I know the majority of Judges do an honest job (even though some may not agree with their decisions). When I was judging I would have been furious/hurt if a schedule came out with the stipulation that the committee etc. would not be showing.

I said if they were to bring it in, which many people do want, country people will have even less shows to show at. It's not a rule yet, but your sentiments are mine.

Sorry, must have assumed too much lol. Glad to see the "if". In all the years I was secretary for a number of country clubs I only entered once under an international Judge (generally too busy and didn't feel it was fair on the dogs) and missed my call lol.

Moving these shows are not about making money, in most cases the dog clubs are being forced of grounds that we have used for years

by uncaring councils. At Shepparton we were forced to move because the council wanted us to pay $1100 per show for the grass area

and another $700 for a room for the judges lunches ect and we would not be guaranteed the dates that we needed. So as you can see

no dog club could afford those sort of fees. All dog clubs would be trying to make a profit from their shows but with the increased

expenses would be happy to break even. I believe that all committee should be allowed to show at their shows, what does it say about

the judges if they can't.

Moving these shows are not about making money, in most cases the dog clubs are being forced of grounds that we have used for years

by uncaring councils. At Shepparton we were forced to move because the council wanted us to pay $1100 per show for the grass area

and another $700 for a room for the judges lunches ect and we would not be guaranteed the dates that we needed. So as you can see

no dog club could afford those sort of fees. All dog clubs would be trying to make a profit from their shows but with the increased

expenses would be happy to break even. I believe that all committee should be allowed to show at their shows, what does it say about

the judges if they can't.

It is the uncaring councils that are shooting them selves in the foot, Look at the money dog show people can bring to the town. Full caravan parks, Motels ,spending money in pubs and clubs and local supermarkets. Some councils need to look at how bloody good other councils have made some shows shine, Condobolin is one with donated land and money to help build club house.

Many years ago the Council in the area we held shows on the Showgrounds were, through the Ground Committee who ran the showgrounds for the Council, going to put up our rent and apply a lot of conditions. First, as a ground user, we got a representative on the ground committee and made submissions on the Kennel Club's behalf. These then went to the Council meeting, where we turned up again, lol. and had our say again. From that and a couple more meetings the Club was guaranteed use of the Kennel Area, where we erected a Sec. office and meeting room, at a minimum rental which applied for over 20 years. So don't let them walk over you, make your case heard.

Just on the committee menbers not showing at their own shows, some breed clubs have this already, I feel that it does cut down on people wanting to be on committee.

What is wrong with a rule that says committee members just can't HANDLE at their own shows? Wouldn't that make most people happy? You would probably get someone from another breed to handle your own dogs on the day.

Just on the committee menbers not showing at their own shows, some breed clubs have this already, I feel that it does cut down on people wanting to be on committee.

What is wrong with a rule that says committee members just can't HANDLE at their own shows? Wouldn't that make most people happy? You would probably get someone from another breed to handle your own dogs on the day.

For a start my dogs will not show to their best with another handler, I also like to show my own dogs. If it was not for the dogs I would not be a member of a club there for also on a committee. There for a catch 22 no show no committee, their for club suffers.

For a start my dogs will not show to their best with another handler, I also like to show my own dogs. If it was not for the dogs I would not be a member of a club there for also on a committee. There for a catch 22 no show no committee, their for club suffers.

Agree, without a hard working committee, the show can't go on! So no one would be showing!!

I think the rules about committee showing/ handling at shows doubts the integrity of the judge. JMHO

Change of venue

The committee of the Yarrawonga & Border Canine Association Inc have advised there will be a change of venue for the Yarrawonga & Border Canine Association Inc championship show on Sunday 18 September 2011. The show will now be held at the Bulla Exhibition Centre and not Chittick Park, Seymour as published in the July Gazette.

This sucks :(

I won't be going then.....I don't like Bulla.

I hate this as it'll be the first year i have to miss and it was one i could take ALL of my dogs to!