And Now For Something Completely Different.

Kirislin

a friend went to a track day at Broadford and I thought it would be a good chance for me to take some pics and finally have a go at panning. I had fun, took almost 600 pics but have probably deleted close to half of them and probably alot more need to go. I'll have a better look tomorrow. Anyway here's a few, I'm hoping there's better ones but I'm too tired now to look. I think bikes might be easier to photoegraph than whippets :laugh:5889994865_b7bd32b902_b.jpg

5889994117_74a1d6f658_b.jpg

not the sharpest but I like the sunburst

5890560836_93114db61e_b.jpg

Edited by Kirislin

thanks everyone! Yes Luke it was the girls track day. I really enjoyed myself. Wish I had a longer lens. I told the organisers I was a complete newbie with racing, never been before so they didn't allow me alot of access, understandable, that's why I told them, I needed advice on the safe places but I didn't have alot of opportunity for pics. I'm in the process of cropping and adding to flickr right now, I've decided for the first time to put copyright on them though. If anyone you know wants a copy I can transfer the pic to redbubble for them and they can get it that way. There was a professional bloke there, actually I think there were a few, they might prefer those photos.

Here's the flickr slideshow so far. More to come as I get them done.

Don't know how fast she's going in the first pic but damn! looks like she's flying! Love it :thumbsup:

this is why I love panning shots, but until yesterday I've never really done them, tried and tried with the whippets but the bikes were alot easier, I love the effect too. zooooommmm!!!

It's hard shooting at Broadford unless you're inside the track (or have a 600mm lens!)

I've heard they will sometimes let photographers inside the track (on a corner with a marshal). If you go again - let me know and I'll put you in touch with one of the organisers.

Post a link when you've got them on Flicker :)

I'm pretty sure I know who the girl on the black R1 is.

It's hard shooting at Broadford unless you're inside the track (or have a 600mm lens!)

I've heard they will sometimes let photographers inside the track (on a corner with a marshal). If you go again - let me know and I'll put you in touch with one of the organisers.

The link is up Luke. Actually I have no complaints with the marshalls, I think they were right in restricting me for safety reasons, they were very nice to me. What's a black R1 :laugh: I'm not a bike person. The girl on the black bike went with my friend. Her initials are LD is that her? Small world if so.

The link is up Luke. Actually I have no complaints with the marshalls, I think they were right in restricting me for safety reasons, they were very nice to me. What's a black R1 :laugh: I'm not a bike person. The girl on the black bike went with my friend. Her initials are LD is that her? Small world if so.

LOL. Small world. Yep - LD. What were the initials of your friend? (btw - I don't know LD very well, ridden with her a few times though).

oh - yeah - I guess I don't need to post a link on LD's FB wall - she'll hear about them anyway :)

I'm not sure because I have privacy restrictions on my facebook although I tried to make the pics visible to friends of friends, not sure if it worked though. You can let her know of the link if you want. My friend was on the electric blue bike, you'd recognise her if you've ridden with her, initials JD.

I'll just post a link to the flickr album on L's wall.

I've met JD once I think - ages ago.

she must have seen it, she's just sent me a friend request. :laugh:

JD is very attractive, and right now single.

I'll just post a link to the flickr album on L's wall.

I've met JD once I think - ages ago.

she must have seen it, she's just sent me a friend request. :laugh:

JD is very attractive, and right now single.

:)

Don't know how fast she's going in the first pic but damn! looks like she's flying! Love it :thumbsup:

Pretty quick I think, not far off being airborne I suspect. I got nervous just watching. There's some gutsy girls out there. :laugh: