Do You Have A List Of What Breeds You Want To Own One Day?

Aztec Gold

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a Saluki at the moment, I hope to have more Salukis in the future, I love them!

My list of other breeds I'd like to own is as follows:

Afghan Hound

Borzoi

Leonberger

Great Dane

Newfoundland

Groenendael

Breeds I definitely want to own at some point in my life:

Border Collie

Borzoi

Greyhound

Boston Terrier

Other breeds I am interested in:

Coolie

Kelpie

Pharaoh Hound

Italian Greyhound

Stafford

Japanese Spitz

No you're not weird. :laugh:

Ha Ha - I come across the funniest conversations in DOL. And yet I totally understand this one.

I am a foster carer with a rescue group so I have a new dog about every two weeks. It's a great way to get my 'fix' of another dog to love.

My list is made up of some dogs I've owned, some I've fostered, and some I'd love to have.

1) Great Dane (absolutley in love with them and seem to often take them as fosters)

2) Greyhound or whippet

3) Golden Retriever (RIP my beautiful Gemma who died at only 2) :cry:

4) BMD, mastiff, german shorthaired pointer

5) Newfoundland, irish wolfhound, German Shepherd (like mum's enormous one)

6) anything BIG and sookie.

Edited by CanberraCarer

I need to decide between a Borzoi and a divorce..

Borzoi is at the top of my list to own...

I would use the high ambit claim strategy for that one.

"Honey, I want a Saluki or a Pharaoh - or maybe an Afghan"

He'll be so relieved you'll settle for a sensible Borzoi after that you'll be home and hosed!!

Woofen if you want a Lakenois get a Malinois lol

yeah dont worry I have a wishlist ...

BRT

Dutch Shepherd

more and more Malinois :rofl:

Boerboel

Bauceron

Presa Canario

Malinois though have been WELL researched (particularly for a breed that I am over 5 years off even considering :rofl:) and is much more likely than the Lakenois which I will admit went on the list also because of looks lol.

The only bad part about the list I have is that I have to be patient!!!

ETA-and its just MEAN to say no to a Pharoah puppy!!!

Edited by ~Woofen~

OH has been offered a Pharoah puppy male ... I have to force him to say no all the time lol they havn't been born yet so unfortunately the breeder has time to work on him

I can do one better, there is a litter of Pharaoh/Afghan long dogs in rescue ATM. :angeldevil:

Let me know if you are interested and I will put you in touch with the foster carer!

I love my poodles and would love to have another toy once my old mini girl is gone.

The small breeds I do plan on owning one day are papillon

Pomeranian

chihuahua (long coat)

boston terrier

It is my dream to own a bull mastiff one day but not until my kids have grown up and I have lots of time to put into training, walking etc.

I would also love to have a greyhound (I adored the rescue girl we had) if one ever came up that was safe with bunnies, cats etc.

I do have a soft spot for afghans, beardies and old englishes but I don't think a beardie or old english would fit our lifestyle, and after losing my afghan I'm not sure if I could find another that would match up to her.

I would have another Border Collie in a heart beat, just love them to bits. As I already have 2 i

reckon 3 would just about tip OH right over the edge & into the divorce court. :rofl:

When I get to old to give a Border everything they need exercise wise I will be looking at

a Papillon.I have never owned a small dog before but figure they would be easier to take care of

when I'm an older gerry, LOL. The more I hear about these little guys the more I like.

Edited by BC Crazy