Help - Need Info On Tough Working Dog Boots!

persephone

Currently in this part of the world, prickly bushes reign supreme.. there are many of the 'copperburr' types which have a longish ,VERY fine spike .. almost need glasses to see the tip - but sharp as - and they hurt! There are others as well.

Dogs are having a hard time of it , and especially if they are working feral goats , they can not afford to be hobbling along ;)

way out of our budget .. we would need at least 2 sets - and neighbours want some too . It is not something we normally use- but this once in a lifetime amount of rain has caused all sorts of problems!

There are lots with neoprene uppers- but the burrs etc will cling to that, I think?

Does anyone know of THESE? or how much they cost?

Neoprene is used as it breathes well. I'm not sure about it in relation to burs.

However, I bought a muttluk for my dog that needed to wear a splint for 6 weeks and it was bloody hopeless, got a hole in it 2 weeks in, and was only used for going outside to toilet.

These look as though they'd be better value as far as wear and tear.

Therapaw boots.

In Vic I got one of their other products from dogsinmotion.com.au.

There are leather ones from RM williams- we can make them easy enough- but they are not fully enclosed... and the prickles get between the dog's pad and teh sole of the boot - exacerbating the problem.

i saw those paw idea ones.... not sure about sturdiness. these dogs run many many kms in a day ....

Edited by persephone

Yup Ruff Wear, not cheap but they are tough little boots. I had some when my crestie had a foot chewing habit, they didn't stay on brilliantly as she didn't have much of an 'ankle'. For dogs with a bigger size difference between the foot width and the ankle I'm sure they'd be great :)

http://www.topdogs.com.au/products/Ruff-Wear-Grip-Trex-Bark%27n-Boot%E2%84%A2.html

take a look at the Shoof.com.au catalogue, they will let you know who retails their stuff but you can view their entire catalogue, there is work boots in there

if you get desperate I am making a Shoof order at my work late tomorrow, let me know what I want I can get it and post it to you when they arrive for me. I stick to the RRP of their catalogue. If you need to ring me it's (03) 52502056

I bought some boots for Casper a couple of months back, but have not had a need for them...yet. I'll get the info when I get home.

I just wanted to say, considering your dogs will be running all day, make sure you find out whether the boots you are looking at will stay on all day. I know there are some that apparently come off easily. The ones I bought Casper are similar to the ones you posted a link to and they apparently stay on very well.