I Have A Couple Of Questions

Hi as moast of you all know my auntie is out of town and has taken her dog lady with her. I've been working on Rascal getting him to love me again. He sleeps in my room in my bed now, But I do have a question when my auntie comes back will it be likely that Rascal will want her again and no longer want me?

When my auntie is here and I try to have Rascal sleep in my room he seems to want out of my room and in hers. Also when she is here I can't get Rascal to go to the toilet cause he wants back with her. I even tryed having him onlead to go to the toilet but that didn't work out. So what do I do if she does come back how can I get Rascal to toilet without wanting her?

Since my auntie and her dog have been gone the house has been very quiet, Rascal hasn't barked much at all. Buddy and Shelley seem happier, They can now have there toys back which there happy about.

Also if my auntie does come back would it be best if I tell her to completely ignore Rascal and not to pay him any attention at all? Like I said Rascal will not listen to me when my auntie is around. I'm thinking if my auntie completely acts like Rascal isn't there he will no longer want her.

Also if I take Rascal to obedience would it help him over come his fear towards strange people and dogs or would it make it worse?

You don't need to work on 'getting your dog to love you' you need to work on setting some clear boundaries and NOW is the time to do it.

Crate train Rascal, toilet on leash, just because he wants something doesn't mean he gets it.

This is your 4th (???) thread about your auntie and your dogs. People might be more inclined to give you advice if you actually followed any of the advice you've been given before.

:thumbsup:

This is your 4th (???) thread about your auntie and your dogs. People might be more inclined to give you advice if you actually followed any of the advice you've been given before.

Nooooooooo not again. :banghead:

Nooooooooo not again. :banghead:

I'll give it a try...

Training-- try some obedience training and throw in a bit of trick training for some extra fun.

Play-- after a bit of 'work' ( training) you can follow it up with some fun play ie 'Fetch'/Tug

Walk your dog-- I often take my dog to a nearby grassy area near a football field. We will sit on the hill, do some training and also have a cuddle and a fuss.

It's actually the 6th :p

Hi as moast of you all know my auntie is out of town and has taken her dog lady with her. I've been working on Rascal getting him to love me again. He sleeps in my room in my bed now, But I do have a question when my auntie comes back will it be likely that Rascal will want her again and no longer want me?

When my auntie is here and I try to have Rascal sleep in my room he seems to want out of my room and in hers. Also when she is here I can't get Rascal to go to the toilet cause he wants back with her. I even tryed having him onlead to go to the toilet but that didn't work out. So what do I do if she does come back how can I get Rascal to toilet without wanting her?

Since my auntie and her dog have been gone the house has been very quiet, Rascal hasn't barked much at all. Buddy and Shelley seem happier, They can now have there toys back which there happy about.

Also if my auntie does come back would it be best if I tell her to completely ignore Rascal and not to pay him any attention at all? Like I said Rascal will not listen to me when my auntie is around. I'm thinking if my auntie completely acts like Rascal isn't there he will no longer want her.

Also if I take Rascal to obedience would it help him over come his fear towards strange people and dogs or would it make it worse?

maybe your auntie has spent more time with your dog than you? :confused: as i said earlier, chihuahuas will pick their human and bond straight away with that human. it happens in our family, i share my dogs with my elderly parents. so sometimes a puppy will choose my mother or father over me. but usually it is because they feed the dog spend alot of time with the dog.....how old is rascal? it sounds like his temperament is fear over stangers and other dogs, and yes once its set in its pretty hard to reverse - my experience has been you can't really reverse it, it requires alot of training to what i call "mask" which means they will get use to it all and not be so fazed by it but still be the same dog. i.e. still fearful of other dogs and people. you cant really change a dogs temperament they are what they are through the dogs genes or it could be through the way it was reared.

maybe your auntie has spent more time with your dog than you? :confused: as i said earlier, chihuahuas will pick their human and bond straight away with that human. it happens in our family, i share my dogs with my elderly parents. so sometimes a puppy will choose my mother or father over me. but usually it is because they feed the dog spend alot of time with the dog.....how old is rascal? it sounds like his temperament is fear over stangers and other dogs, and yes once its set in its pretty hard to reverse - my experience has been you can't really reverse it, it requires alot of training to what i call "mask" which means they will get use to it all and not be so fazed by it but still be the same dog. i.e. still fearful of other dogs and people. you cant really change a dogs temperament they are what they are through the dogs genes or it could be through the way it was reared.

Rascal is 6 years old, He never use to be scared of other dogs he would walk past them and even sometimes go up to them. So scared of other dogs is a new thing, Strange people isn't new his always been like that but again somepeople he will go up to and allow them to pat him.

I do spend alot of time with Rascal he is always with me well that was till my auntie showed up. Since she was here Rascal wouldn't come to me when I called him,wouldn't listen to me. The difference between my auntie and I is I treat my dogs like there dogs not like humans. I do not let them do things that I consider is wrong or bad. I allow my dogs to bark but when told they quieten down, My auntie always lays on the floor at the dogs level. Since she has been out of town Rascal has been all over me again,following me,listening to me, He hasn't barked much at all.

Rascal is 6 years old, He never use to be scared of other dogs he would walk past them and even sometimes go up to them. So scared of other dogs is a new thing, Strange people isn't new his always been like that but again somepeople he will go up to and allow them to pat him.

I do spend alot of time with Rascal he is always with me well that was till my auntie showed up. Since she was here Rascal wouldn't come to me when I called him,wouldn't listen to me. The difference between my auntie and I is I treat my dogs like there dogs not like humans. I do not let them do things that I consider is wrong or bad. I allow my dogs to bark but when told they quieten down, My auntie always lays on the floor at the dogs level. Since she has been out of town Rascal has been all over me again,following me,listening to me, He hasn't barked much at all.

See, you've answered your own question there (with the answer you actually wanted, rather than the factual answer from someone experienced) - it's all your aunty's fault.

Now we've confirmed it's all her fault, I guess we won't be seeing any more threads?