Bulldogs

01kismet

I may be having a blonde moment, I probably am but what does

"93% pedigree, is fully registered with papers. She has never been breed, Must be able to show ......that you are able to fully care and look after her. We paid inexcess of $2200.00 and that was at a NEG priced. I am looking for offer of $1400.00 PLUS however I will consider any genuine and resonable offer"

the 93% pedigree mean, I always thought your dog was either pedigree or not, can some one explain it to me in ABC language please.

UMMM I'm guessing your NOT looking at BRITISH bulldogs??

I've seen "aussie bulldogs" described in percentages like that and think it means the % of british in them :mad:laugh:

The Aussie bulldog is not an ANKC recognized breed (yet :confused: )

I have no idea what it is, its on a face book group and caught my eye with the 'pedigree' and 'papers' thing. Pure breed I kind of get with back yards and slight dodgy but I thought pedigree was pedigree. (with dog council of some sort papers, health checks and a background line).

It was a cute dog, post seems to have disappeared now, maybe I shouldn't have questioned it on there. Sorry its one of my pet peeves.

Perhaps it's a typo, maybe they meant 93 points towards its title? Drop them an e-mail inquiry as to what they mean.

ADD - It says must be able to shown so I'm guessing it's not an unrecognized breed.

Edited by Shaar

Perhaps it's a typo, maybe they meant 93 points towards its title? Drop them an e-mail inquiry as to what they mean.

ADD - It says must be able to shown so I'm guessing it's not an unrecognized breed.

It says must be able to show.. that you are able to fully care and look after her. Not be shown :)

There is a Aussie Bulldog Club of Australia, that is hoping to eventually get the ANKC to recognize the Aussie bulldog, so I assume the pedigree is meaning that they are registered with that club.

I think a lot, if not all, the breeders registered with the ABCA health test their dogs.

Had a laugh at the 7% rip off, wasn't looking to buy here but did think it may have been dodgy. Ad's gone now, I did question it, couldn't help myself and did write I was only curious about the % thing. The show bit is show you can fully look after her, not dog show.

I feel sorry for all the poor animals that end up on face book and other sites, up here we seem to have a teeming trade, puppies and kittens mostly but all cross breeds or back yarders and the prices they get !

Thanks though, I get it now.

I may be having a blonde moment, I probably am but what does

"93% pedigree, is fully registered with papers. She has never been breed, Must be able to show ......that you are able to fully care and look after her. We paid inexcess of $2200.00 and that was at a NEG priced. I am looking for offer of $1400.00 PLUS however I will consider any genuine and resonable offer"

the 93% pedigree mean, I always thought your dog was either pedigree or not, can some one explain it to me in ABC language please.

Are you sure the ad was in Australia?If it was on facebook maybe not.What type of bulldog are we talking about?The only thing I can think of that equates to the 93% is the 15/16th rule.In the States the NKC and a few others I think will register American Bulldogs that are 15/16th's pure which is 93.75%.In other words they can have a pitbull or other outcross 4 genrations back because from the on bred to pure dogs it wont make any difference.Thats the only feasible explanation I can come up with.Unless it is an aussie bulldog with 93% British bulldog blood but I dont know that they show them anywhere.

Edited by bulldogz4eva

It would have been an Aussie... a family member got sucked into the craze... the girl we have has a percentage as well... i do have her 'papers' filed away at Mum and Dads house somewhere, if i remember i will drag them out and see what it says exactly

I have 3 Australian Bulldogs registered with the AB Society (ABS).

They are NOT British Bulldogs (3 & 4 gen AB to AB).

They ARE NOT recognised by ANKC. They cannot be shown.

What you have quoted is a very misleading ad.

I know that other AB clubs use "% of bulldog" so maybe that's what the ad refers to. It's first class mumbo-jumbo IMO.

This is a pure breed forum so I will not comment further. Pls pm me if you want more info.

Edited by HonBun